Chapter 25

Living A Double Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This was the day. It was finally time for you to go school and you were nervous. It was not the school or students that were making you feel like this. It was the fact the B.A.P might go to school that was making you nervous. You were afraid. You did not know what they would do and to be honest, you would rather not face them at all. If you could, you wanted to run away from the issue. But they were your family and it was time to face them.

Taking in a deep breath, you entered the school grounds, Sungjong and L behind you. Everyone stared at you and started whispering to one another. A few of them even ran away to tell their friends that you were back and you were sure it would be soon till the whole school knew Lee Saemi was back.

It was not like you were popular or rich. In fact you were quite the opposite and the only reason why everyone noted that you were back was because they finally have their nerd to bully again. Or that was what they thought when L took your hand in his. Your heart skipped a beat and you looked to your left to see him smiling at you. All it took was a smile and to assure you that he would be there for you, no matter if you were up against B.A.P or the whole student body.

“Why the hell are you holding L oppa’s hand?” A shrill voice shrieked and you knew who it was without even looking at that person. L winced at the volume and turned to glare at Mirin.

“Will it kill you to just shut up for a day?” He snapped and Mirin immediately pressed her lips into a thin line. “And she’s not holding my hand. I am the one who is holding hers. Besides, is it wrong to hold your own girlfriend’s hand?”

Mirin’s eyes widened and she took a step back. L placed you behind him incase that nutcase were to attack you. “Why?!” She screamed and you frowned. L was right. Would it kill her to just shut up? Or at least stop screaming? “You! Why must you blackmail L oppa to go out with you?” She pointed her finger towards you.

Unable to take anymore of her nonsense, you stepped forward and wriggled your hand out of L’s so you could face her properly. “Listen up Mirin. Firstly, I did not blackmail Myungsoo. The only reason why we are together is because of our feelings for each other.” You blurted and immediately realized that you just admitted that you were having feelings for L. You shook those thoughts away and concentrated on the issue on hand. “And the reason why it isn’t you is because of your personality. Stop being a whiny and grow up, Mirin. You can act like you are the boss now but so what? We are only in high school. After high school is college and then it’s the working world. No one will up to you. The only way to get people to listen to you is to earn their respect first. At the rate you are being, no one in this world will grow to respect you.”

You heard L and Sungjong stifled their laughter and you smiled, knowing you did well.

“What would you know about the world?” She crossed her arms over her chest, as if challenging you.

“What would I NOT know? I left the orphanage earlier than you. I became a beggar at the age of 12. I saw the world out there: the world where no one actually gives a damn about each other. Life isn’t a bed of roses. It’s a bed full of thorns. You are the one who does not know about the world out there.”

L’s heart clenched when he heard that you were a beggar. While he was bathed in money and luxury, you were out there suffering and you were only 12 years old. *How can one actually survived through all of that? She’s been through too much.*

Before Mirin could retort back, another voice stopped her. “Yah, Mirin. Are you here to disturb my dongsaengs again?” Sunggyu went up to her and she took a step back when she saw the whole of Infinite there.

“Get lost. If I see you hurting Saemi again, I will dislocate your jaw.” Hoya threatened.

Mirin wanted to fight back but knew not to get on Infinite’s bad side. Taking a last look at you, she turned away and walked off.

“Are you okay?” L asked you.

“Somehow trouble really likes looking for me, huh?” You joked but everyone could see that you were unhappy. “Come on, let’s get going before we are late.” You held onto L’s hand to assure him you were okay and he smiled a little, glad that you were willing to open up to him, even if it was a bit. L nodded and everyone went to their classes, ready to start the day.

 

Mr Kang looked at you and you looked back. Placing the marker a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter