Chapter 1

Living A Double Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Get lost! Beggars aren't allowed in here!" The waiter shoved you out of the kitchen before slamming the door.

"Bleh." You stuck your tongue out at him before kicking an empty can of beer on the floor. As usual, you were going through the rubbish bins, hoping to find some food and you got distracted by the delicious smell that was coming from the back door of a very posh restaurant. You followed the scent subconsciously and that was how you landed in the kitchen, only to be found by a waiter a minute later. "Just because they are rich they think they can do whatever they want." You puffed your cheeks in annoyance as you continued your way back home, or rather back to the alley where you have been living at for the past year.

You are only 12 years old and you are a beggar because your mother died and you were placed in an orphanage. Whoever who said an orphanage takes good care of the kids and can make a child smile should go and jump off a building because the only memories you had when you were in the orphanage were nasty ones. Not only did the older and bigger size children bully you, the caretakers and teachers did the same. They did not care about the children, they cared about the money the government gives them. Appearance wise, it seems like a good orphanage but you would rather live on the streets than to continue staying there, which you did.

2 months was the most you could tolerate staying in that awful place. You hated the teachers, you hated the children, you hated everything. You hated your mother for giving birth to you and then abandoning you by leaving this disgusting world first. You hated your father for abandoning your mother and you before you were even born. You hated anything and everything. You were not exactly the pleasant and smart child every parent would love to have but you did not care. You had no parents and now you were struggling to even keep yourself alive.

Not being able to eat for the whole day was normal for a beggar, especially when you are only 12 years old. You often sat on the pavement with a small card box in front of you, hoping that some kind soul would give you money but that was impossible. Only in movies or dramas would you see a very rich person or even a normal person suddenly donating money. In the real world, people were not that kind. You were sick and tired of living like this but there was nothing you can do. You are just a child and you cannot even work as you were too young. You wanted to do something big or to do something that actually means a lot to you but you opted for begging instead. No matter what, you got to survive.

 

"Catch them!" A man shouted and you jerked up from your position. You fell asleep but got woken up to the sudden sounds. Not only were people shouting, loud footsteps and fighting sounds joined the noise pollution.

*Immature adults.* You rolled your eyes and grabbed your box before standing up. You turned around and accidentally knocked into someone, losi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter