Chapter 36

Living A Double Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was like a staring competition. Only that the stares were all trying to guilt trip one person: you. They were staring at you with betrayal and disbelief but beneath those gazes, you could tell that they were willing to listen to you and believe in your explanation. Giving them an awkward smile, you waved, only for them to continue staring at you.

“I’m sorry.” You apologized and saw Sungjong’s and Sunggyu’s expression softening. “To be honest, the main reason why I got close to Infinite was because it was a mission I had to complete. It was a mission given to me as a member of B.A.P.” Their bodies stiffened a little at the truth.

Noticing their expressions, you thought of what to say. You had to be careful because you did not want to lose Infinite but yet they need to know. L saw the dilemma you had and squeezed your hand that was in his, giving you assurance. Feeling the warmth from his hand, you turned to look at him and he nodded, telling you that it was okay. B.A.P was behind you too, incase Infinite might get too angry at the truth and attack you.

“Daehyun is my biological brother, making Jung Minhyun my father. At first we all thought SilverFalcon adopted me and that was the main reason why I would go to extreme lengths just for SilverFalcon. Minhyun was the one that took me in despite me being a beggar. I would do anything for him, even if it means to die.” You confessed. No matter what happens, it does not change the fact that you owe everything you have now to Minhyun.

“Remember the day I fainted outside school? It was the same day that I found out Daehyun was my brother and because I could not accept the truth at that point, I ran. But that is not the point. I know you guys want to know what is my motive.”

Turning to look at L, you gave him an apologetic look. Although it was not your intention, you still had not told him everything. He needs to know what he is facing. They all do. Taking a deep breath, you spilt everything out. You told them about NJ, Minhyun and Sunmi. You told them about how L and Daehyun are actually sworn brothers and how you are engaged to L. Everything you knew was delivered to them, including the fact that NJ wanted Sunmi and you.

The hold that L had on your hand tightened and you rubbed soothing circles on his hand, telling him that everything will be okay. L turned to look at you and you saw an unreadable expression on his face. You did not know it if was because he does not trust your words about his father but then again you knew L was not that type of person. “I’m sorry.” He hugged you tightly and you immediately wrapped your arms around him to return the gesture. “Everything that made you suffered till this day was because of my father.”

“Myungsoo-” You started but he cut you off.

“If he was not that kind of person then your mother did not have to run away with you. You would not have become an orphan, not to mention a beggar. You would have experience family love instead of being alone. You would not need to be this hurt.” L would have doubted your words if he had not witness his father trying to kill you. Ever since that day, he knew his father would do everything just to get what he wants and would do everything just to get rid of what does not want.

“Then why would you need our help?” Hoya asked and you shifted your attention to him.

Instead of only looking at him, you search the eyes of everyone, hoping to know what they are feeling now. It was hard for them to believe whatever you had just said because there wasn’t any proof. “I need you to help me go against NJ. He is so strong that I absolutely had no chances against him.” Pointing to your neck where the faint marks were, you looked at them again. “Remember that day when B.A.P picked me up from his house? That was also the day he tried to kill me and I would have been dead if Myungsoo did not save me. He knew who I was and he wanted to get rid of me.”

Gasps escaped their lips when they heard your words. Since young, Infinite had been friends with L and knew NJ for a really long time. In their eyes, NJ is a respectable and admirable man. They had never once thought that he would do something like this to you. Not to mention they treat you like you were practically part of Infinite.

“I am with Saemi no matter which side you guys choose.” L spoke and they looked at him. “Now it is not whether Infinite should stick together. It is about who we want to believe. And I believe Saemi.”

Daehyun let out a satisfied smile and squeezed L’s shoulder. “I chose the correct bro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter