Text Mates

The Only One

A/N: BOLD WORDS mean that they are said or typed or written in English. While NORMAL TEXTS mean that they are said or typed or written in Korean.

 

(Kris’s POV)

My eyes grew big when I heard my phone rang.

 

 

“Could it be her?”, I said.

 

I grabbed my phone and looked at it and saw that I got a text message from an unknown number.

 

 

“It IS her. There’s no other possible way that someone would have my number then text me without me knowing.”, I said.

I read the message and it says:

From: Unknown

Hi! Uhm… It’s me. The girl you helped with directions a few hours ago. I’m really sorry if I wasn’t able to text you earlier and if I made you worried. I, honestly, forgot that I was supposed to text you when I met my friend. I just got so excited since it’s been a long time. I’m really really sorry, Kris. :’(

 

I smiled without realizing it while I read her text message.

 

 

“It really is her. I’m glad she’s okay. She really got me worried there.”, I said then smiled even more.

 

I replied her with this:

To: Unknown

Hi. It’s okay. You did make me worry but I understand. I’m just glad you’re okay. Can I ask you something?

 

This is my chance to ask her her name so I wouldn’t just let it go. I’m already stupid to not ask her earlier so I wouldn’t miss this opportunity. I hope she replies.

 

 

A few minutes later, I got another text message from her. I read it as soon as I heard my phone rang. It says:

From: Unknown

Thanks for understanding and for the help. A question? Okay. No problem. You may, as long as I can answer it. So… What is it?

 

I replied with this:

To: Unknown

Uhm. What’s your name? You already know mine but I don’t know yours. I forgot to ask you earlier before you left and it’s kinda weird that I’m texting you without knowing your name. I can’t save your number without your name, too. So… Can you answer that?

 

This is it. I’m finally gonna know her name. At last. This is the start.

 

 

My phone rang again and I read her text message that says:

From: Unknown

Oh. Sorry. I didn’t realize before that you didn’t know my name. I’m Abby. Ugh. What’s happening to me today? I’ve been forgetting things. ^_^ hihi. Silly me.

 

The moment I finished reading her text message, I changed her name in my phonebook from “Unknown” to “Abby”. You might think that it’s not a big deal, but for me, it is.

 

 

 

(Narrator’s POV)

After Kris asked her her name, they started talking about things about themselves.

 

From: Kris

Hi, again, Abby! It’s nice to finally know your name. Haha. I know this is a random question but uhm… what country did you come from?

 

From: Abby

I’m from the U.S. Miami Florida to be more precise. How did you know I just came from another country?

 

From: Kris

Oh. Miami. I’ve always wanted to go there. I knew because if you’ve been here in South Korea your entire life, you should’ve known how to get to Myeongdeong. Haha

 

From: Abby

Oh, right. Mianhae. :(

 

From: Kris

Don’t worry about it. I was also like that when I just got here in South Korea. I didn’t know where’s where. I didn’t even know how to get to our dorms.

 

From: Abby

Oh, really? Haha. Wait. You didn’t grow up here, too? Where were you from?

 

From: Kris

Yup. I didn’t. I’m from Canada.

 

From: Abby

Whoa. It means you can speak in English fluently, too. Oh and are you half-Canadian half-Korean? Is that why you grew up in Canada?

 

From: Kris

Yes I can. And I’m not half-Canadian half-Korean. I’m half-Canadian half-Chinese. My mother’s Chinese while my father’s Canadian. How about you? Are you half?

 

From: Abby

At last, I have someone to talk to in English. Yehey! And yes, I am. Half-American half-Korean. My mother’s the Korean one while my father’s the American one. ^_^ So… Uhm… Kris. It’s not that I’m invading your personal life or something. It’s just I was curious. Why did you come here in South Korea?

 

From: Kris

Oh. It’s okay, really. I came here because I was training.

 

From: Abby

Training? For what?

 

From: Kris

I was training to become a K-Pop Idol. I’m under SM Entertainment.

 

From: Abby

SM Entertainment? The entertainment company that SHINee’s under?

 

From: Kris

Yup. They’re our seniors.

 

From: Abby

Oh really?!?! So you must be close to Taemin Oppa?

 

From: Kris

Kinda. We talk sometimes. But my group member Kai is very close to him. They’re both great dancers. Why did you ask anyways? Are you a fan of his?

 

From: Abby

A fan? I’m his cousin, Kris. ^_^ Please don’t tell him that you know me. Haha.

 

From: Kris

My lips are sealed. :)

 

From: Abby

By the way, did you debut already? You said you were training to become a K-Pop Idol. So, have you become one?

 

From: Kris

Yes I have. We’re a twelve-member group called “EXO”. Our group has two subgroups namely, EXO-K and EXO-M. I’m in EXO-M.

 

From: Abby

Really? I’m sorry if I don’t know anything about your group. I’ve been really busy when I was in America and I don’t have time for myself. I don’t know any other K-Pop groups besides SHINee. Haha. So what’s the difference between EXO-K and EXO-M anyways?

 

From: Kris

It’s fine. I understand. EXO-K and EXO-M sing the same song but in different languages. EXO-K sings the songs in Korean while EXO-M sings the song in Mandarin. EXO-K mainly promotes here in South Korea while EXO-M mainly promotes in China.

 

From: Abby

Whoa. I’m missing a lot in the K-Pop industry. Hihi ^_^ I would like to know more about you and your group. I hope I can have that chance :)

 

From: Kris

Well, you can know more about me and my group.

 

From: Abby

How? Any ideas you wanna share? ‘Cause I’m really curious ^_^

 

From: Kris

You are kinda new here in Seoul and you got lost on your way to meet a friend of yours in Myeongdeong, so I was just wondering if you would like me to give you a tour. Only if you’re free and have nothing better to do.

 

From: Abby

You'd do that? Really? Thanks, Kris. But... Uhm... Aren't you busy? What if people recognize you when we go out?

 

From: Kris

I AM kinda busy this week since we have rehearsals and preparations to do. But we DO have a 3-day off after this week. How about then? Does that sound good?

 

From: Abby

Yup it does. Thanks Kris ^_^

 

From: Kris

While waiting for next week, why don't we text each other once in a while? Just to know each other better.

 

From: Abby

Okay. It's a pleasure knowing a rising K-Pop Idol ^_^

 

 

(Narrator’s POV)

They bid their farewells after a few hours of texting each other. They both have smiles on their faces and both of them have their hearts pounding fast.