Up All Night

The Only One

A/N: Hey guys... Happy 300 views. It's really a big deal for me. Thanks for continuously reading my fanfic. Sorry for the slow process. It's been two months already and I haven't gone too 20 chapters yet. Mianhae.. *bows 90 degrees* Thanks for all the people who subscribed and commented. Please continue on commenting what you think 'cause it really fives me strength to write a new chapter. So here's Chapter 14 as a thank you gift for all of you....

--------------------------------

(Kris’s POV)

Practice was done, at last. We’re, now, in our dorm relieving stress in our own way. Min Seok, Zi Tao, and Kyung Soo are in the kitchen with Kyung Soo cooking and the other two eating. Jong In and Yi Xing are still practicing the dance moves of our comeback song. I know what you’re thinking. ‘I thought they’re relieving stress so why are they still dancing?’ I’m right, aren’t I? Let me answer that. Jong In and Yi Xing are just really passionate about dancing. Even if they dance all day, I don’t think they can ever be tired of dancing. Didn’t you notice it before? Even though they’re hurt, they didn’t stop dancing. That’s how committed they are. Okay… That’s enough talk about them. This fanfic is about ME. Not them. So… Let’s continue with my narration. Where were we? Oh yeah. Baek Hyun, Se Hun and Chan Yeol are watching TV while sitting on the couch. Lu Han is playing his Rubik’s Cube. He’s done with the first and second layer. He just has to do the last layer and he’s done. Joon Myun is playing Zombie Tsunami on his iPhone while I’m on my way to my bedroom to rest.

 

 

When I got to my bedroom, I immediately tossed myself to bed. I was so tired.  I can’t believe I survived practicing the entire day. I was about to fall asleep when I realized something. I haven’t texted Abby since this morning. And I told her that we should until next week.

 

 

I took my phone from my pocket, typed the code then I pressed enter to unlock my phone. There was an unread text message and I opened it. It was from Abby and she sent the text message at 4:15 PM. And it’s already 7:34 PM. We were too busy practicing that I didn’t get the chance to check my phone if there were new text messages. I can’t believe I forgot about it.

 

 

To: Abby

Good evening Abby. I’m sorry if I replied late. We were practicing all day and I forgot to check my phone. And I’m fine. How about you? How’s your day?

 

After a few minutes, she replied.

 

 

From: Abby

Good evening Kris. It’s okay. I understand. You’re busy.

And I’m fine. I just got home, actually. My best friend took me to a café earlier to meet his friends and it was fun meeting new people. ^_^

 

To: Abby

How’d you get there? Did you get lost again and you found a fine-looking man like me to help you and you’re texting him too? Haha

 

I was a bit worried that she did find somebody else. I don’t know why I was. *shrugs*

 

 

From: Abby

Hahaha. Aniyo. My best friend picked me up at my house.

 

Why did I suddenly feel relieved that she didn’t find someone else? What’s going on with me?

 

 

To: Abby

Ah… So you don’t need my help then.

 

From: Abby

Help? On what?

 

To: Abby

On the tour around Seoul so you can be more familiar with the place.

 

From: Abby

Why would you think that?

 

To: Abby

You have your best friend to show you around. I bet she’s from Seoul. And I just thought that you’d be much comfortable being shown around Seoul with a girl.

 

From: Abby

She? Girl? My best friend’s a guy. Not a girl. Hihihi ^_^ And he’s not from Seoul either. He’s from Busan.

 

I was shocked when I read her text message saying that HER BEST FRIEND IS A GUY! Wait. Why do I suddenly feel jealous?

 

 

To: Abby

Oh jinjja? Mianhae. I just thought that you’re best friend would be a girl since you are one. But besides him. You DO have a friend that’s a girl, right? Of course you do. Why wouldn’t you have one? Hhahahah

 

From: Abby

Honestly, I don’t have other friends. It’s just him. Well, now, I think I’m friends with his five other friends.

 

I got surprised when I read her text message. How could a beautiful and wealthy girl like her be friendless?

 

 

To: Abby

You’re kidding me, right? How could a person like you only have one friend all her life?

 

From: Abby

I just get bullied a lot when I was studying in Miami. And ever since then, I have a low self-esteem and I was afraid of making new friends.

 

To: Abby

Oh. Mianhae. It might have brought up some bad memories when I asked you about it.

 

It must’ve been hard for her. Aish… Why was I so insensitive?

 

 

From: Abby

Kwenchana. It’s in the past anyways.

 

To: Abby

Earlier, you said that you’re only friends with six people… Well, you’re wrong.

 

From: Abby

What do you mean by that???

 

To: Abby

You have me, too. We’re friends, right???

 

From: Abby

Ne. We are. :”> Thanks.

 

Knowing that we’re friends makes me smile. I can’t believe she can make me smile so easily.

 

 

“She did it again. She made me smile again.” I said to myself.

 

To: Abby

Thanks for what???

 

From: Abby

For being my friend. It makes me feel better.

 

I’m glad I made her feel better. Just by knowing that she got bullied, I know how hard it must’ve been for her. I suddenly have the urge to protect her.

 

 

To: Abby

You’re welcome then. It’s an honour to be a friend of yours. And since I’m a friend of yours, I want to promise you something.

 

From: Abby

A promise??? What is it???

 

To: Abby

I’ll tell you next week. When I’m giving you a tour around Seoul. I don’t want to make promises in texts or calls or chats. I want to make them in person so that the person I’m promising it to would know that I really mean it.

 

From: Abby

Arasso. Next week then… Don’t forget about it, okay?? Hihihi

 

To: Abby

I won’t. But if I did, remind me, okay?

 

From: Abby

I don’t know if I can do that. These past few days, I keep on forgetting things.

 

To: Abby

Let’s just see what happens. Hahhaha

 

From: Abby

Hahhaha. Arasso. Let’s see then. Oh and Kris… Aren’t you tired??? You said earlier that you’ve been practicing all day. It’s late already and I think you should go ahead and rest. You need energy for tomorrow.

 

I was tired before. But not now. I’m not tired anymore because of you. I don’t know why, either but it’s like you took my tiredness and stress away.

 

 

To: Abby

Aniyo. It’s fine. We had breaks anyways. So I’m not that tired.

 

From: Abby

Are you sure??? ‘Cause if you’re tired, it’s fine with me. I don’t want to be a burden.

 

To: Abby

Ne. It’s really fine ^_^

 

From: Abby

If you’re sure, then. But if you want to sleep already, it’s fine, just tell me, okay???

 

Is she really this caring?

 

 

To: Abby

Yes, ma’am. Hahhaha

 

From: Abby

Hahhahaha.

 

 

 

 

(Abby’s POV)

I read the text message I received right after Daehyun Oppa left while I’m on my way inside my house.

 

 

 From: Kris

Good evening Abby. I’m sorry if replied late. We were practicing all day and I forgot to check my phone. And I’m fine. How about you? How’s your day?

 

I went my way to my bedroom while I was replying to him with this:

To: Kris

Good evening Kris. It’s okay. I understand. You’re busy.

And I’m fine. I just got home, actually. My best friend took me to a café earlier to meet his friends and it was fun meeting new people. ^_^

 

Our conversation started from there to telling him that my best friend is a guy to my past to him telling me that he’s one of my friends that I somehow thought was sweet to promises to telling him to go and rest and it goes on and on and on.

 

 

I looked at my phone’s clock and I realized that we’ve been texting each other for hours already. It’s already past midnight. I can’t believe we texted all night. I know he must be tired. He won’t have enough energy to practice later if we continue this but I still want to talk to him since he really makes me comfortable.

 

 

I said before that I lost self-esteem ever since IT happened and yes it’s true. I did. And you’re maybe wondering why I didn’t show it when I first met Kris. Well, that’s because I wasn’t scared of him. There’s just something about him that made me so comfortable. There’s something about him that made me want to know him. Maybe it’s because he’s a mystery. And I love mysteries. Maybe I was just curious why he doesn’t smile that much. Or maybe I JUST WANT TO BE THE ONLY ONE WHO MAKES HIM SMILE. *shrugs*

 

 

I have to end this conversation with him. We both need rest. So I texted him this:

To: Kris

Kris. We’ve been texting for hours already. I know your tired. We should go get some rest now. Let’s just text each other again later. Good luck on your practice later. I hope you’d still have energy to practice even though we stayed up all night. Hwaiting!

 

From: Kris

Arasso. Good night, Abby. Sweet dreams. Text you later. Kamsahamnida.

 

To: Kris

Ne. Good night to you too, Kris. Sweet dreams.