Almost Forgotten

The Only One

A/N: Gonna get my new laptop soon... :"> I'm so excited. Here's Chapter 8 to celebrate ^_^

(Abby’s POV)

I went in my bedroom after the talk with my parents. I’m so tired ‘cause of everything that happened today. *sighs*

 

 

I sat on my bed and stayed there for a while. I feel like there’s something I forgot to do. Something important. But I really can’t remember.

 

“I’ll bathe first. Maybe after I take a bath, I’ll remember it.”, I said to myself.

 

I went inside my bathroom, closed the door and locked it. I took my clothes off then got in the shower and opened it. While I was showering, I was still trying to remember the thing I have to do. But for the 20 minutes I was in the shower, nothing came to mind.

 

 

Finally, I went out the shower, took my bathrobe and went back to my bedroom. I opened my closet to look for something to wear while still thinking for that stupid thing that I can’t remember. I found the clothes I want to wear then I wore it.

 

I lay down on my bed and got comfortable and I tried to go to sleep. I was moving everywhere and I can’t fall asleep. I don’t think I can ever fall asleep. Well, maybe until I found out what that something that’s keeping me awake. I really need to know what that is. FAST. I’m really tired but my conscience is killing me. *sighs*

 

 

I have tons of ideas running around my mind. Maybe I need to drink or eat something? Maybe I have to write something? Maybe I have to fix the things in my bag ‘cause it’s really a mess? *pauses* Maybe I DO need to fix the things in my bag. It looks like a tornado just passed through it anyways. *sighs* I hope this is really it. I really want to go to sleep. BADLY.

 

 

I grabbed my bag that I placed on the table and took every single thing out of it and put it on top of my bed. I saw my phone and I remembered that I have to charge it. But there’s something else I need to do and I still can’t remember it. I took my phone and its charger then plugged it in the wall socket. I continued putting out things in my bag then I found a piece of paper. I read what’s in it then I realized what that something I needed to do this whole time. My eyes grew big and I was so shocked and worried at the same time. So many questions are going through my mind like has he been waiting for me to text or call him. What if he called the police and thought that something bad has happened to me? Am I killing him of worries?

 

 

“D*** it, Abby. I can’t believe you forgot to text him. You’re not the kind of person who forgets things.”, I said while I did a facepalm.

 

“Wait a minute. Why would he worry anyways? We just met and I bet I’m nothing to him. But still… It wouldn’t hurt if I text him and tell him that everything’s okay, right? Right? Ugh!”, I said to myself.

 

I looked at my phone and typed in his phone number and named it after his name, which is “Kris” then sent him a message:

To: Kris

Hi! Uhm… It’s me. The girl you helped with directions a few hours ago. I’m really sorry if I wasn’t able to text you earlier and if I made you worried. I, honestly, forgot that I was supposed to text you when I met my friend. I just got so excited since it’s been a long time. I’m really really sorry, Kris. :’(

 

I was waiting for him to reply and after, maybe, three minutes, I got a text message from him.

 

 

“Omo. He replied!”, I said cheerfully.

 

I opened the text message to read it and it says:

From: Kris

Hi. It’s okay. You did make me worry but I understand. I’m just glad you’re okay. Can I ask you something?

 

Good thing he understands and he’s not mad at me. I’m really grateful to him. If it wasn’t for him, I would’ve been stuck in asking non-helpful people in the streets and I might still be lost until now.

 

 

Wait. He wants to ask me a question? I wonder what that is.

To: Kris

Thanks for understanding and for the help. A question? Okay. No problem. You may, as long as I can answer it. So… What is it?

 

He replied a few minutes after I sent him my text message:

From: Kris

Uhm. What’s your name? You already know mine but I don’t know yours. I forgot to ask you earlier before you left and it’s kinda weird that I’m texting you without knowing your name. I can’t save your number without your name, too. So… Can you answer that?

 

I giggled when I read his text message. And replied with this:

To: Kris

Oh. Sorry. I didn’t realize before that you didn’t know my name. I’m Abby. Ugh. What’s happening to me today? I’ve been forgetting things. ^_^ hihi. Silly me.

 

 

 

(Narrator’s POV)

Kris and Abby kept on texting each other and both of them were smiling and happy the entire time.