Rest Day

The Only One

(Kris’s POV)

At last, HELL WEEK is already behind us. Days of practicing all day are finally over.

 

 

You guys must be excited since I’m supposed start the tour with Abby today. BUT she told me yesterday that I should use this day to rest. She keeps on telling me that she doesn’t want to be a burden and I keep on telling her that she isn’t a burden to me. But she still insisted to give me a rest day so that means I still have to wait ‘til tomorrow to see her. *sighs*

 

 

I’m now lying on my bed, trying to decide if I should text her or not. I might wake her up since it’s 4:51 in the morning. You must be wondering why I woke up so early. Well, I didn’t wake up early. I just couldn’t sleep. I think I’m excited to see her again ‘cause it’s been a long time since the last time I saw her.

 

 

We’ve been texting since last week like we promised. We got to know each other better because of that. I found out what her favorites are like her favourite color, flower, number, season and other stuff like that. I also answered all her questions and most of them are about my group. She’s really curious about us. I actually that she’s becoming one of our fans. And can you guess what she said? She said, “Well… Maybe. Your songs are really good. The lyrics are really meaningful and your songs have really cool beats. I’m actually thinking of buying your albums. Both versions. ^_^ Oh well. I think I AM a fan already.”. When I read that text message from her, I was pleased and I suddenly thought of a question to ask her. I asked her who her bias is. I was really hoping that it would be me when I texted her that question but I realized something. Why the hell am I so assuming? I don’t like her. Well, I like her as a friend, yes. But I don’t like-like her. You know… Oh… You know what I mean. A few minutes later she replied. And this is what she said, “Uhm… based on appearance, I like all of you. All of you are just so handsome. It’s just too hard to choose. Hihihi ^_^ but when it comes to other things, I’d have to say, you. ‘Cause you’re the only one I know right now, like personally. So… Yeah… You’re my bias. ^_^” I literally froze on my spot and my eyes were wide open. I think I’ve beaten Kyung Soo in this expression of his. I let the words sink in and took me a while to do that. I’m her BIAS, I thought to myself. I found myself blushing and smiling like an idiot when I thought of that. And I AM now while I’m telling you guys about it.

 

 

“Aish. What the hell is wrong with me? Why do I feel like this all of a sudden?”, I said to myself.

 

 

 

 

(Abby’s POV)

I just woke up and it’s 9:58 AM. The first thing that went through my mind was him, Kris. We’ve been texting this past few days and all I can think about is him. I don’t know why. And every time he says something sweet, I feel something tingly in my stomach and I start blushing. I haven’t felt like this before. The feeling’s so new to me. Maybe it’s because I haven’t had new friends for a long time. Yup. That’s why. There’s no other reason why I’m acting like this besides that. Right? *sighs*

 

 

I got out of my bed and went to my bathroom to brush my teeth and bathe. It took me almost an hour to bathe and it took me thirty-three minutes to find an outfit for me today. I’m gonna say this again, just to be clear, I’M A GIRL. Most women take that long to get ready, okay? After putting on the outfit I wanted to wear for today, my phone beeped.

 

 

 

“I wonder who it is.”, I said.

 

I unlocked my phone and found out who texted me. It’s the guy I’ve been thinking of since I woke up.

 

 

 

 

(Kris’s POV)

I’m still trying to decide if I’m gonna text her or not and I’ve been doing it for almost seven hours already. I already did everything I have to do today like taking a bath, brushing my teeth, wearing new clothes, eating breakfast and all that but still I can’t seem to make up my mind.

 

 

I’m now in the living room with the rest of the EXO members and we’re watching TV. Some were sitting on the couch and some are sitting on the floor since our couch is not that big to fit twelve people. I’m one of the people sitting on the couch and I have my phone in my pocket. Even though we’re talking to each other and we’re watching TV, I still can’t stop myself from thinking about texting her or not. It’s just driving me crazy.

 

 

Finally, I gave up. I texted her and sent this:

To: Abby

Good morning, Abby! I hope I didn’t disturb your sleep. And if I did, get up already and eat breakfast. As in, NOW. It’s bad to miss breakfast. It’s the meal that will give you energy for the entire day so you should eat. Arasso?

I’m just kidding. You don’t have to obey what I said. You can do whatever you want to do. You can go back to sleep if you wanted to. Just text me when you wake up again, okay? But what I said is true. It’s really bad if you skip breakfast.

That’s all. Hope you’d have a nice day!

 

Aish. What a lame text. *facepalm mentally* I hope she doesn’t think of me as a weird person. *sighs*

 

 

“Hyung. Why are you sighing?”, Jong In asked.

 

The rest of EXO started looking at me too.

 

 

“Nothing. I was just thinking of something.”, I said.

 

“Thinking of what?”, Lu Han asked.

 

“More like thinking of WHO?”, Joon Myun said while wiggling his eyebrows.

 

I can’t believe this guy could actually be evil. I gave Joon Myun a death glare.

 

 

“So… It is a WHO.”, Min Seok said.

 

I didn’t react and I just continued watching TV.

 

 

“Yah. Duizhang!”, Zi Tao said trying to catch my attention.

 

I just raised an eyebrow at him.

 

 

“So… Who are you thinking of?”, Baek Hyun asked.

 

“No one.”, I said.

 

“Oh really?”, Chan Yeol said sarcastically.

 

I nodded once. They keep on looking at me like they just want to peel the answer off of me. I’m not just gonna confess that I’m thinking about Abby. I’d get teased non-stop for an entire week or two.

 

 

“Just tell us if it’s Abby or not.”, Se Hun whined.

 

Right after that, my phone beeped.

 

 

I took my phone out of my pocket. When I was about to read the text message, someone grabbed my phone. It was Chan Yeol, our group’s happy virus.

 

 

Oh great! When he finds out that Abby and I are texting, I’d get non-stop tease from every member 24/7.

 

 

 

(Abby’s POV)

I giggled while reading his text. He’s so strange but in a good way, of course.

 

 

I was thinking of what to reply to him and it took me a few minutes to actually think of something. I replied him with this:

To: Kris

Good morning to you too, Kris ^_^ I’m already awake when I read your text message. I was actually on my way down to eat my breakfast. Thanks for the concern and the lecture about breakfast. Hihihi ^_^ How ‘bout you? Have you eaten your breakfast? Hope you’d have a nice day too.

 

 

 

 

(Kris’s POV)

Chan Yeol unlocked my phone and opened the text message while smiling like he always do. The smile that shows all his teeth.

 

 

I hope it’s not her. I don’t want these guys to tease me all day when I’m supposed to rest.

 

 

Chan Yeol’s smile suddenly disappeared and I thought that he got disappointed ‘cause it wasn’t her but I was wrong. He’s straight face suddenly changed into a playful smirk. Damn, he’s planning something. And I bet it’s no good.

 

 

“Hey guys. Wanna know who texted Wu Fan here?”, Chan Yeol playfully asked.

 

“WHO???”, EXO asked.

 

“A-B-B-Y. Abby.”, Chan Yeol said.

 

I got nervous. Oh crap. Here it goes. It’s starting. I can feel it.

 

 

“Ooooooohhh.”, EXO said.

 

“Wanna know what she said?”, Chan Yeol asked again.

 

EXO nods endlessly until Chan Yeol told them what she texted me.

 

 

“Good morning to you too, Kris ^_^ I’m already awake when I read your text message. I was actually on my way down to eat my breakfast. Thanks for the concern and the lecture about breakfast. Hihihi ^_^ How ‘bout you? Have you eaten your breakfast? Hope you’d have a nice day too.”, Chan Yeol said with a failed female voice while doing the smileys she may put in the text.

 

I wanted to gag at the site of him doing those things but I didn’t. Chan Yeol’s action made me wonder what she may look like doing all those cute things while telling me the things she said on the text in person. *sighs mentally*  I wanna see her now. I don’t want to wait a little longer.

 

 

“Awww… How sweet.”, Se Hun beamed.

 

“Are you guys dating?”, Baek Hyun asked.

 

I coughed in a MANLY way. I was taken aback by Baek Hyun’s question.

 

 

“We’ll take that as a yes, then.”, Yi Xing said.

 

“Ayieee… Our duizhang’s in love and he has a girlfriend.”, Zi Tao said.

 

“What?!?! No no no no no. You guys are seriously taking this the wrong way. First of all, WE’RE NOT DATING. Second, I AM NOT IN LOVE and third, SHE’S NOT MY GIRLFRIEND! Okay?”, I emphasized those things to make it clear for them.

 

“Okay.”, Se Hun said.

 

“If you say so.”, Kyung Soo said.

 

“Good. Now that everything’s clear to you, I’m going to go to my bedroom and rest.”, I said then stood up and went up the stairs.

 

“Okay. But Kris…”, Joon Myun said.

 

“What?”, I said while stopping myself from taking a next step and turned to face Joon Myun.

 

“Keep telling yourself that.”, Joon Myun said.

 

“Tell myself what?”

 

“That you’re not in love.”