Second Destination: Samcheongdeong

The Only One

A/N: DOUBLE UPDATE for everybody who's reading this.. XD :"> Hope you like it... ^_^

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

(Abby's POV)

That was so embarrassing. I can't believe my stomach grumbled and he heard it. Aish. Why did this happen to me? Out of all people. Why me?

 

 

I pouted before looking out the window.

 

 

"Embarrassed?", he asked.

 

I didn't look at him and stayed silent.

 

 

"Yah. Don't be. It's not that embarrassing. People get hungry all the time.", he said.

 

"Yeah we do but not everybody's stomach grumble so loud that other's heard it.", I said still pouting.

 

"Aish. It's just me who heard it anyways.", he said.

 

"Pabo. That's my point. A K-Pop Idol heard my stomach grumble.", I said.

 

"I don't mind.", he said.

 

"Yeah right.", I said sarcastically.

 

"I may have laughed but that's only because I got shocked, okay? I wasn't expecting it.", he said.

 

"Don't worry. Next time I'll tell you when my stomach will grumble so you wouldn't be shocked and laugh at me.", I said.

 

He sighed and said, "Let's just change the subject. What food do you like to eat? What cuisine?"

 

"Uhm... Is there an Italian restaurant here? I'm craving for Italian food lately.", I said.

 

"I know just the place.", he said.

 

 

 

(Kris's POV)

I drove to the place I usually eat Italian food when I have the time in Samcheongdeong. It's called "De Miel'.

 

 

We reached the restaurant after thirty minutes since there was heavy traffic.

 

 

"Sorry if we took so long.", I said while opening the door for her.

 

"Aish.", she said glaring at me.

 

"What? You were really hungry and we took so long so I was apologizing. What's wrong with that?", I said.

 

She grunted and was still glaring at me.

 

"Okay fine. I give up. I'm sorry.", I said.

 

"Good. Now can we go eat. I'm seriously hungry.", she said then laughed.

 

"I really thought you were mad. You got me there.", I said while smiling at her.

 

I grabbed her hand and pulled her in the restaurant.

 

 

"Where do you want to sit?", I asked.

 

"Uhm... I want to sit next to the window. I like watching people pass by.", she said.

 

I looked at her with a confused expression.

 

 

She noticed it and said, "I'll explain later. Let's just eat first. Please. You know how hungry I am."

 

I laughed and pulled her to a seat next to the window like she wanted and we sat there. I raised my hand to catch a waiter's attention. And after a few seconds, a waiter came and gave us a menu and he took our orders.

 

 

A few minutes passed by and the waiter came back with our orders.

 

 

We started eating as soon as we got our food.

 

 

I watched Abby eat, expecting her to eat like she hasn't eaten for days like a normal hungry person would but she didn't. She still ate with class. With table manners and proper etiquette.

 

We finished eating after a few minutes but we stayed for a few minutes more to chat.

 

 

After that, I paid for our food and we left the restaurant.

 

 

On our way to the spot where I parked the car, we were still talking.

 

 

"Sooo... You forgot to tell me earlier. Why again do you like watching people pass by?", I asked full of curiosity.

 

"I know it's kinda weird but it calms me down. It reminds me that I'm not alone.", she said.

 

"Look. You're not alone. You have me...", I told her.

 

She just kept quiet but she was still looking at me.

 

 

We were already next to my car when I grabbed her shoulders and looked intently into her eyes.

 

 

"Promise me something.", I said.

 

"What is it?", she asked.

 

"When you feel lonely or you're physically alone, I don't care what time it is or where I am, just call me okay. And always remind yourself that you have me. You HAVE me.", I said with sincerity.

 

From what I said, especially the last part, I was able to confirm something. She really has me. 'Cause she already has my heart.

 

 

I saw a tear fell down her cheek while she nodded. Giving me the sign that she understood what I said. I wiped the tear off her cheek with my thumb. I let go of her shoulders and opened the door for her. She got in and I went to my side to open the door and get in myself. I started the engine and looked at her before driving off. She was crying.

 

 

I started driving to our next destination but a few minutes later, she was still crying and I couldn't bear seeing her like this anymore so I took my left hand off the stirring wheel and grabbed her right hand with it. I rubbed my thumb on her hand and said, "Shhhh... Stop crying okay. You're making me feel bad because of what I said."

 

 

"Don't be. It actually made me feel better.", she said.

 

"Then why are you crying?", I asked.

 

"I just never had someone else besides my family and my best friend that cares for me like you do.", I said.

 

I squeezed her hand and said nothing. Right after that, I felt her arms wrapped around me. She was still crying when she said, "Thank you. Thank you for being here.".

 

 

I understand what she feels. She's been bullied before and she lost every single bit of her confidence and self esteem. I suddenly had the urge to protect her and always be beside her when she needs someone.

 

 

I hugged her back with only one hand since I was still driving and my eyes are still on the road. She let go of me and sat properly on her seat and put her seatbelt back on.

 

 

She was wiping her tears and I can see that her eyes started swelling from all the crying she did.

 

 

"Hey. Stop crying, okay? I'll make sure you'll have fun on our next destination.", I said while giving her a smile.