A Late Start

The Only One

(Kris's POV)

I woke up and I looked at the clock on top of the bedside table.

 

 

"Oh s***! It's 5:33 AM.", I said while jolting up.

 

"I can't believe I forgot to set the alarm of this stupid clock! Aish", I said while rubbing the back of my neck angrily.

 

I got off my bed and quickly went in the bathroom to bathe and brush my teeth. I finished bathing maybe after 15 minutes. That means I only have 12 minutes left.

 

 

"Oh s***, oh s***...", I said repeatedly while going to my closet and choosing the clothes I'd wear the entire day.

 

Right after I chose what to wear, I quickly put it on. I only wore a simple white t-shirt with faded-blue jeans, sneakers and a hat.

 

 

What?!?! I don't want anyone to recognize me, okay? I don't want to stand out.

 

 

I took the keys of my car and my cellphone from my drawer and went downstairs.

 

 

No one was downstairs so I assumed that they're all still sleeping.

 

 

I went out the door and locked it before I went to my car in the parking lot. I got in and started the engine and drove off to the Cafe where Abby and I arranged to meet.

 

 

After twenty minutes, I arrived at the Cafe. I parked my car in front of the cafe and went inside.

 

 

I was looking around the Cafe, finding Abby until I spotted her looking at me with a disappointed smile.

 

 

 

 

(Abby's POV)

I woke up two hours before my meet-up with Kris and it took me an hour and a half to get ready. And I wore this:

 

 

There's twelve minutes left but because of my excitement, I took my car keys and went to my car in the garage. I got in and started the engine but it won't start. Something's wrong with my car and I don't know what. I'm not a mechanic, you know. So I went out the property and took a cab instead.

 

 

I got to the cafe twenty five minutes later. The cab stopped and I payed the driver my fare. I got off the cab and went in the cafe. I was looking around to find Kris but he's nowhere to be found.

 

 

"I guess he's not here yet.", I said and sighed.

 

I took a sit next to the window since I really love watching people pass by. You might think it's creepy but it's calming for me. It reminds me that I'm not alone in this world.

 

 

Five minutes later and Kris is still not here. I tried to entertain myself while waiting for him by watching people pass by or playing games on my phone.

 

 

Six minutes has passed and still he's not here.

 

 

"What if he forgot about today?", I said and pouted.

 

Wait. I have my phone and I know his number. *facepalm* I should've texted him or called him before. I'm such an idiot! I can't believe I didn't think of that.

 

 

I took my phone and typed a message asking him where he was. I was about to send it when I saw a tall figure enter the door. I looked up and saw that it was him. He was looking around maybe trying to find me but instead of waving at him, I just cancelled the message I was about to send him then continued looking at him with a disappointed look on my face.

 

 

A few seconds later, he turned my way and saw me and he had an apologetic smile on his face.

 

 

He walked towards me and stopped until he's only a feet away from where I was sitting.

 

 

"May I sit?", Kris asked.

 

I nodded without looking at him.

 

 

"Look. I'm sorry about being late. I forgot to set the alarm of my clock last night. But I came here as soon as I could.", He said sounding really apologetic.

 

"It's okay. I only waited for thirteen minutes anyways. No biggy.", I said, still not looking at him.

 

"I'm really sorry. I'll make it up to you, I promise.", He said.

 

"Okay.", I said looking at him.

 

"That's better." He said with a smile.

 

We stayed quiet while sitting in the cafe for a few minutes until he said something.

 

 

"Have you eaten breakfast yet?", he asked.

 

"Nope. Not yet. You?", I said.

 

"Same here. Let's go order something then.What do you want to eat?", he said.

 

"Uhm... A latte will do. I'm not that hungry.", I said.

 

"You sure? I might here your stomach grumbling sooner or later.", he said then chuckled afterwards.

 

I laughed and said, "Yeah. I'm sure."

 

"Okay then. Wait here, okay?", he said.

 

"Ne. It's not like I haven't been doing that earlier.", I said kiddingly.

 

"I said I was sorry.", he said with sincerity.

 

"I know you are. I was just kidding.", I said then giggled.

 

He smiled and stood up and went to the counter to order.

 

 

A few minutes later, he came back with our orders. A latte for me and a Cafe Americano for him.

 

 

I took a sip of my latte and he did the same with his.

 

 

"So... Where are you taking me today?", I asked.

 

"You'll find out soon enough.", He said.

 

"Can't you tell me now?", I asked.

 

"No. Just be patient.", he said.

 

We were quiet after that until he said something.

 

 

"It was nice seeing you again.", he said sweetly.

 

"It's nice to see you again, too.", I said with this expression ----> ^_^

 

"It's been like forever since the last time I saw you." he said before taking a sip of his Americano.

 

"You're exhaggerating. It's only been a week.", I said while laughing.

 

"No it's not. It's been longer than a week.", he said with a serious face on.

 

"Oh c'mon Kris. You have got to be kidding me.", I said.

 

"I'm just messing with you, Abby. Geez", he said while laughing.

 

We were like that for more than half an hour. Kidding around, telling jokes and laughing.

 

 

After that, we decided to leave and start the tour so Kris stood up from his seat and I did too.

 

 

He was about to walk towards the door until I said something.

 

 

"Uhm... Kris... Can I ask you something?", I asked hesitating if I should really ask him or not.

 

"Sure. What is it?", he said.

 

"It's not that I'm criticizing you or something so don't take it in a wrong way, okay? Why are you wearing those? Especially the hat.", I said while pointing to his entire outfit.

 

He chuckled and whispered to my ear, "I wouldn't want people knowing it's me. It might ruin the entire tour and it might also spread some rumors. We wouldn't want that won't we?"

 

He said the last sentence while looking at me and with his face inches from mine.

 

 

I shook my head and I have to admit, I blushed. I hope it wasn't too obvious for him to notice.

 

 

"Okay then. Let's go!", he said while grabbing my hands and pulling me out the cafe and into his car.

 

I can feel my cheeks burning and there are butterflies in my stomach again so I faced the ground hoping he wouldn't see me blushing.