Banned

The Only One

(Abby's POV)

The cab I'm riding stopped in front of my house. I paid the driver and nervously stepped out of the cab. Daehyun sounds extremely mad when he called me earlier.

 

I opened the door and saw him sitting on the couch with his head down.

 

He looked up and immediately stood up and went to me to hug me.

 

Daehyun broke the hug and looked at me asking, "Where have you been Abby?"

"I was so worried. You didn't even leave a note."

 

He hugged me again even tighter than the first one and said, "I thought something bad happened to you."

 

"I just went out to meet some friends.", I answered.

 

Daehyun looked at me and I said, "I'm sorry I made you worry. I forgot that my parents asked you to look out for me."

"It's okay. Now that you're here. But... Friends?", Daehyun said.

I nodded and said, "Uhuh."

 

"What friends? How'd you meet them?", Daehyun asked.

"Uhm... I met this guy when I got lost on my way to Myeongdeong. You know... The time when I was late to meet up with you. That guy helped me to get there and we started talking and stuff after we met and he picked me up here so I could meet his other friends.", I answered.

"A guy?!?! A guy picked you up HERE?!?!", Daehyun said with wide eyes.

"Yup.", I said.

"What the hell are you thinking Abby? He might do something bad to you.", Daehyun said with a mad expression.

"He's a friend. What part of that can't you understand, Oppa? He's really nice. I don't think he would do something bad to me.", I said and gave him an assuring smile.

"Who IS this friend anyways?", Daehyun asked.

"He's name is Kris. I think you know him.", I said with a smile.

"Kris who?", Daehyun asked.

"Kris... Kris from a boy group named EXO. They're under SM Entertainment.", I said.

"What? Did I hear that right? Kris? THE Kris from EXO. EXO-M's leader?", Daehyun said.

"Yeah... See... You know him.", I said.

"What the hell are you doing with him, Abby? What the hell did that bastard do to you?", Daehyun said with a really furious look.

"Why are you mad, Daehyun? What's wrong? He's a really nice guy.", I said.

"Nice? You call that bastard, NICE??? I never actually thought that his name and the word 'nice' could be in one sentence.", Daehyun said.

"Oppa! Stop calling him a bastard. He isn't one. And what the hell is wrong with you today, Oppa? Why are you acting like this?", I yelled at him.

"How long have you guys been spending time with each other?", Daehyun asked.

 

I stayed quiet while giving him a glare.

 

"ANSWER ME, ABBY!!!", Daehyun yelled.

 

I got scared since I've never seen him like this.

 

"S-since my parents left.", I said stuttering.

"What have you guys been doing?", Daehyun asked still furious.

"He just gave me a tour around Seoul and I just met his groupmates earlier.", I answered.

"Where did you meet them, Abby?", he asked.

"At their dorm. Kris picked me up here and we went there and I was there since morning.", I said.

Daehyun has his hands balled up in anger and said, "That's it, Abby. From now on, you are not going to meet him."

"WHAT?!?!", I said in shock.

"You heard me, Abby. Don't go anywhere near him. You get that?", He said.

"No way, Daehyun. Who are you to forbid me in seeing him? You're just my bestfriend, Daehyun! And my parents just asked you a favor to look out for me and that's it! It doesn't give you the right to forbid me in seeing him!", I said full of anger.

"You're parents asked me to keep you safe, Abby! And I'm doing my job! I'm keeping you safe!", Daehyun said.

"By what, Daehyun? By forbidding me to see other people?", I said.

"No, Abby! Just HIM and his group! Don't go near them now or I swear, Abby, I'm going to make sure THEY won't go near YOU. I'll do everything in my power to do that even it means doing something extremely bad.", he said.

"But why? Why, Daehyun? Why don't you want me to be friends with them? Don't you want me to be happy? For a long time, Daehyun, I've been alone. And you have been my only friend. Just you. I cried myself to sleep several nights because I couldn't take the feeling of being alone. But now, I found some other people besides you who I can be with comfortably. I found some other people who could make me happy.....", I said crying.

"..... If you're afraid that I'd leave you behind or I'd forget about you... Well... You're wrong. I'll never forget you Daehyun. You've been my bestfriend ever since we were kids. I know that you'll always be there for me and I know that no one could replace you. So you shouldn't worry about me forgetting you. But Daehyun, I can tell you, I'm in good hands even if I'm with them. I know that they will also protect me just like what you've been doing. I trust them Daehyun. And I hope you would too.", I said, now, sobbing.

"I'm sorry, Abby. But..... I couldn't trust them. Especially Kris.", Daehyun said looking at me intently.

"Then trust ME. Trust me, Daehyun. Please. I don't want to be a loner again. I don't want to be stuck here again all alone. PLEASE!", I begged him. I knelt in front of him and held his hand while I cry looking down.

 

He shook my hand away from his and left me on my knees sobbing.

 

 

 

 

 

(Narrator's POV)

After pulling herself together, Abby went to her bedroom and layed quietly on her bed.

 

 

I never thought he was capable of ever doing that to me. I thought he's my friend. So why is he doing this to me?

 

 

Abby tried to fall asleep with those kind of thoughts running through her head. She didn't even bother to check her phone tonight. She was just so depressed.

 

Eventually she fell asleep.

 

She cried herself to sleep again just like she did before in the past.