Home

The Only One

A/N: Sorry if I haven't updated for a long time. I was sick and actually, still am. My condition is getting worse and worse. I couldn't write a new chapter with my condition. It's a good thing I already wrote Chapter 6 and all I have to do is UNHIDE this chapter and explain why I've been gone. :/ MIANHAE CHINGGUS. *bows 90 degrees* I hope you understand.

-------------

(Abby’s POV)

*sighs* At last, I’m home. I got home 20 minutes after I left Daehyun Oppa in the mall. I parked my car in the garage then got off of it. I can’t believe I missed this house. So many good and bad memories happened in here.

 

 

Wait. Why am I daydreaming? *facepalm* I’m in big trouble. I came home late and my parents are so gonna kill me.

 

 

I ran as fast as I can to the front door then twisted the doorknob. Once I opened the door, I saw my parents sitting in the living room, probably waiting for me to come home. And guess what?!?! They have an angry look on their faces with matching death glares.

 

 

That’s it. I give up. I’m dead meat. Goodbye world. Goodbye Daehyun Oppa and to all people who I met and liked for my entire life.

 

 

I slowly walked towards my angry parents. I’m nervous. A lot. I’ve never been nervous like this for my entire life. I couldn’t compare this nervousness I’m feeling right now with the nervousness I felt during auditions, recitals or talent shows.

 

 

Just by looking at my parents’ faces, I’m pretty sure that getting grounded will be the least of my problems. Tons of other possible punishments are running through my mind like getting banned from shopping for the rest of my life or from going to Paris, Italy where I shop the most. I’d really die if that happens. You might think that I’m over reacting but I’m a SHOPAHOLIC! You can’t blame me *pouts mentally*.

 

 

As I’m getting closer to where my parents are sitting, my heart starts to beat like no tomorrow. Maybe it is a sign that this is the last day I’d open my eyes. *sighs*

 

 

I stopped walking since I’m close enough to them. This is it. Goodbye everybody.

 

 

“Abby. Do you know what time is it?”, Daddy said.

 

“Yes daddy. It’s 8:57.”, I said.

 

“8:57 what? AM Or PM?”

 

“PM daddy. 8:57 PM.”

 

“And what time did you leave this house, young lady?”

 

“Around 1 PM, daddy.”

 

“So… You’ve been gone how long?”

 

“I… Uhm.. Ahh.”

 

“What, Abby? You’re smart. I’m pretty sure you could solve that with just your mind.”

 

I didn’t speak nor move after that. I can seriously feel the tension in the room and daddy’s anger.

 

 

“Abby. Didn’t I ask you a question? For all I know, I don’t have a child who’s deaf.”, Daddy said.

 

“Mianhae, Appa. I’ve been out for 7 hours or more.”, I said.

 

“So, Abby. Why were you out of the house for more than 7 hours and come home really late and pass the curfew that your mother and I gave you?!?! Tell me why, young lady.”

 

I’m so scared right now. I knew from the second Daddy called me “young lady” how mad and angry and disappointed he is in me. I’m shaking from head to toe. Daddy hasn’t hurt me physically yet but I think today’s the day he first will.

 

 

“Yeobo, that’s enough! Stop yelling at our daughter! Let her explain.”, Mommy said.

 

“And what do you think I’m doing? I just asked her why she was out for so long.”, Daddy said.

 

“Yes. I know. I was here. And still am. But you should’ve just asked her calmly. Control your temper, yeobo. You’re scaring our daughter.”

 

“Aish. You’re right. Mianhae, Abby. We were just so worried about you. You’re our only child. And you’re a girl. We can’t help it if we get too worried wondering where you are. You didn’t even text or call us.”, Daddy said calmly.

 

“That’s better. And Abby, your father’s right. You should’ve texted us or call us when you’re going to go out. We’ve been worried sick and we can’t contact you. We thought that something bad happened to you.”, Mommy said.

 

“We’re also sorry if we had an angry look on our faces when you came in. It’s just we’re really disappointed in you. You should’ve been responsible.”, Daddy said.

 

“It’s okay, mommy and daddy. I should be the one who’s sorry. I was with Daehyun Oppa the entire time I was out. Well, not exactly the entire time. I got lost on the way to Myeongdeong since I hate geography and it’s been a long time since the last time I was here in South Korea. We just lost track of time. Mianhae. And my phone’s battery died when I got lost so I wasn’t able to text you or anyone that time. I’m really sorry.”, I said.

 

“We know you were with Daehyun but we didn’t know the other things that happened to you today.”, Mommy said.

 

“Wait, you knew?”, I said.

 

“Yes, my dear. He called us saying that you guys would spend time together catching up with everything you guys missed the entire time you were away from each other.”, Mommy said.

 

“Come to think of it, we can’t blame you for taking so long. 3 years IS a long time.”, Daddy said then chuckled.

 

All of us cracked a smile. The heavy atmosphere a few minutes ago was replaced with happiness and relief.

 

 

“Sweetheart, you should go up your bedroom now and rest. It’s already waaaay too late.”, Daddy said.

 

“Arasso.”, I said.

 

My parents hugged and kissed me goodnight. I can feel the relief they’re feeling right now. I went up the stairs and into my bedroom. I lied down for a bit then went to my bathroom to bathe myself.