Unidentified Feelings

The Only One

A/N: Annyeonghaseyo *bows 90 degrees* EXO released 5 teaser images already and I'm seriously spazzing like crazy. My poor fangirl heart <3 How are you guys doing? Are you still alive? Haha. We've been waiting so long for their comeback :"> And it's almost there. :) Just a little bit more. Let's just allow ourselves to get teased by SMEnt until the comeback song is uploaded :"> Hope you like this chapter guys... ^_^

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Kris’s POV)

I was shocked yet confused by what Joon Myun said to me.

 

----------------

A few minutes ago…

“Okay. But Kris…”, Joon Myun said.

“What?”, I said while stopping myself from taking a next step and turned to face Joon Myun.

“Keep telling yourself that.”, Joon Myun said.

“Tell myself what?”

“That you’re not in love.”

----------------

 

What Joon Myun said made me wonder if I AM in love. If I am in love with Abby. But I immediately shook the thought out of my mind because I can’t be in love. I’ve only known her for only a week and I only met her once.

 

 

“I’m not in love… I’m really not.”, I whispered.

 

“… I can’t be. I just met her.”, I whispered again after a few seconds and sighed.

 

I grabbed my phone who was lying on my bed next to me and I opened the text message Abby sent earlier when Chan Yeol took my phone. I haven’t texted her back yet so I typed my reply to her previous text message.

 

 

We texted each other for less than an hour and we talked about what we were doing and I found out that she was alone. I got so worried about her that I didn’t realize that I was texting her something I never expected I’d say. It was like my fingers have their own minds and started typing words I never thought of. It was like my fingers were on automatic. I didn’t know what to do when she replies. I was shocked by my own text message. When she replied, I decided to just go with the flow. So when she told me to sleep, I agreed already ‘cause I don’t want the situation to become awkward because of what I replied to her earlier but I remembered that we haven’t talked about the place where we’d meet tomorrow. I a bit about being lost and I smiled and slightly laughed when I read her reply. I knew she wasn’t happy about me teasing her. We agreed to meet at the ---- Café where her bestfriend took her to meet other people and I told her that we’re gonna meet there at 6 AM. I also told her the things she needs to do before she leaves her house like making sure her phone’s charged and all that. And after that, we bid farewell to each other and I slept.

 

 

I woke up from my sleep and looked at the clock. It’s 7:09 PM.

 

 

As I was looking at the clock, I noticed someone sneaking a peek in my bedroom.

 

 

“I know someone’s there. You can come in now. I’m awake.”, I said.

 

No one entered my room for a few minutes but then, Joon Myun entered.

 

 

“Oh. Joon Myun. Why? Is something wrong?”, I said.

 

“No no. Everything’s fine…”, he said.

 

I waited for him to continue but he didn’t.

 

 

“And?”, I asked, signalling him to continue what he was going to say.

 

“… but you’re not.”, he said.

 

“I’m not what?”, I said, confused.

 

“You’re not fine.”

 

“What do you mean by that? I am fine.”

 

“No you’re not. I can tell.”

 

“Why in the world would I not be fine?”

 

“You’re confused.”

 

“Of course I am ‘cause you’re confusing me dude. Duh?!?!”

 

“Not about what I’m saying. About what you feel.”

 

“What about what I feel?”

 

“You know…”

 

“Know what? Oh come on Joon Myun. You’re really confusing me. Like big time.”

 

“Don’t act like you don’t know, Wu Fan.”

 

“I seriously don’t…”

 

“Iknowyou’reconfusedaboutyourfeelingsforAbby.”, Joon Myun said cutting off what I’m gonna say.

 

“What?”, I said, confused since I have no idea on what he said.

 

“Don’t deny it, Wu fan. You know it’s true.”

 

“No. Seriously. I didn’t understand what you said earlier. You spoke too fast.”

 

“Oh. Well. I said, I know you’re confused about your feelings for Abby. Get it now?”

 

“What?!?!”, I said, surprised.

 

“I saaaaaaaiiiiiiidddddddddddd… I know you’re confused about your feelings about ABBY!!!”

 

“No. I was just really shocked about what you said.”

 

“Oh. Soooo.. I am right, right?”

 

“NOOOO. You’re definitely wrong.”

 

“Am I?”, he asked.

 

I nodded.

 

 

“Am I really?”

 

“Yes. YOU ARE WRONG. Admit it.”

 

“Oh really? Okay then. If you say so. I just heard you talking to yourself earlier anyways. Maybe I just heard it wrong.”

 

“What? When? I didn’t talk to myself. Why the hell would I do that?”, I said.

 

“Yes you did. These were your exact words I believe. ‘I’m not in love… I’m really not… I can’t be. I just met her’.”, he said playfully.

 

My eyes were wide open. I can’t believe he heard me.

 

 

“How did you hear me say that. I’m pretty sure I just whispered that to myself.”, I said.

 

“Aha! So you did admit that you’re confused about your feelings for Abby.”, he said while pointing a finger at me.

 

“Okay fine. Yes. Yes I am.”, I said in defeat.

 

“So… Why are you confused?”

 

“I just don’t know what I feel.”

 

“Let me make this clear. You don’t know if you love her or not? Is that what you’re saying?”

 

“Well kinda. It’s not ‘love’. It’s just ‘like’.”

 

“Oh come on, hyung. Are you kidding me? Love and like, like and love is just the same thing. So is that what you’re saying?”

 

“Yeah. Whatever.”

 

“Can you tell me every single thing that you feel ever since you met Abby?”

 

“Look, I know you’re trying to help but seriously, this entire thing is weird. Girls are the only ones who should talk about their feelings. This isn’t a guy thing.”

 

Joon Myun did a facepalm right after I said that.

 

 

“If you want to get this entire thing over with, just answer my question!”, he said while touching the bridge of his nose.

 

“Okay. Chill, Joon Myun…”, I said trying to calm him down.

 

“… The first time I saw her, I couldn’t take my eyes off of her. I made a fool out of myself ‘cause when she talked to me, all I could do was stare at her. And that’s also the first time she made me smile. I got worried about her when she didn’t text me the day we met because I didn’t know what happened to her. I also got worried about her earlier when she told me she’s alone in her house. I didn’t even realize I was already replying to her message until I pressed the send button. Oh and everytime I text her, my heart starts beating so loud and I think there are… what do you call that?... Oh yeah. I think there are butterflies in my stomach. And when I found out that her best friend was a guy, I kinda felt jealous. I think. And for the past few days, we’ve been practicing, right? And I was tired but when I got a text message from her, it’s like my tiredness went away and left me alone. And I always smile without easily recognizing it when I talk to her. Even the littlest things she texts me makes me smile. It’s weird but in a good way ‘cause I’ve never smiled that easily. And… And…”

 

I stopped talking for a few seconds ‘cause I just realized I was smiling again and Joon Myun was looking at me in a weird way. But because of these things I said, I realized something.

 

 

“… And I’m in love. I-I’m in love with her. I’m in love with Abby.”, I said and sighed kinda in relief.

 

“I knew it. I AM right.”, he said.

 

“But…”, I said.

 

“But what? What is it now?”, he said.

 

“I just met her. It can’t be possible. I just met her and I’ve only seen her once and for just a short period of time.”, I said.

 

“You better believe it, hyung. You said things that prove that you are in love with her. You said it yourself.”, he said.

 

I just stared in space with wide eyes, slowly shaking my head.

 

 

“Hyung. You got worried about her, you got jealous, your heart beat fast, you had butterflies in your stomach, and the most important thing you felt was happiness. You were happy everytime you’re with her. You smile because of her and none of us can do that. Oh and you didn’t mention this but the thought of her makes you blush. You’ve got to admit that.”, he said.

 

I looked at him again.

 

 

“Maybe you’re right, Joon Myun. But we can’t be too sure about it. I might just be infatuated or something. I want to make sure first. As in 100% sure of what I feel.”, I said.

 

“Okay. But it’s your call. Don’t blame me if someone got to her faster.”, he said.

 

“Arasso. I just really have to make sure. We’re gonna spend some time together tomorrow anyways.”, I said.

 

“Oh yeah. You’re gonna tour her right?”

 

“Yup.”

 

“Good luck then. Hope you guys will have a great time.”

 

“Thanks, Joon Myun.”

 

“You’re welcome, Hyung. I should go now. I’m tired already.”

 

“Ne. Good night.”

 

“Good night.”, he said and left my bedroom.


I looked at my clock again and it’s 8:59 PM already.

 

 

I can’t believe we talked for an hour.

 

 

I grabbed my phone and started typing a message to send to Abby. I just kept it short ‘cause it’s possible that she’s already asleep.

 

 

To: Abby

Good night and sweet dreams.

 

After I sent the message, I went back to sleep with the thought of me falling in love with Abby.