Chapter XXIII

The Emergence of Fears

The Emergence of Fears

Chapter XXIII

“Hyung…..don’t you owe me an anniversary present now? What did you get me? I doubt it will be as awesome as your band but you can try” Kyuhyun spoke lightly, his voice soft but carrying that teasing element that always seemed to be part of him.

No matter what he did, he always saw it fit to tease his always unique beloved. He had wondered why that was so of course, wondering why, even after being positive he would sacrifice limbs for the man he still insisted on teasing. He was sure something was wrong with him, but after much thought he concluded that he teased Yesung because it was just what he did. He because Yesung was special and needed his attention and affection and it also helped that the man was beautiful with red cheeks and fluttered words, even that chic roll of his eyes amused Kyuhyun endlessly.

He was sure his reasons perhaps ran deeper than that, sure it was ingrained in him and more than likely had to do with his need to have Yesung's attention, but at that moment, Yesung was twisting his body to look at him and all other thoughts tend to vanish when those eyes looked at him. They were dark and mesmerizing and the sort a man could get drown in, sharp and searching into Kyuhyun’s soul even without trying and that soft caught expression, nearing a pout , and was not helping Kyuhyun’s brain function very much.

“Kyu ah…..I’m sorry. I was so …well…I was like that and well……. I guess I forgot? I’m really sorry” Yesung apologized with a sheepish half smile that didn’t last, his face contouring into a frown that made Kyuhyun sorry he mentioned it.

Honestly he was just teasing him, the band he bought beside them where Kyuhyun had released him when he hugged him, Kyuhyun spotting it in the corner of his eyes, sorry now if it would be burdensome to the older man. He of course did not need or want a present. He was just playing with him, but with hindsight he should have realized that since he had forgotten the anniversary itself, he would have forgotten to get him an anniversary present.

Kyuhyun was all ready to apologize, something that he ensured that he always did when it came to Yesung. He was sure his pride was not more important and not for the first time he was regretful that he always without thinking first. His words were caught however when Yesung edged closer swiftly, arms wrapping around Kyuhyun this time, lips on his cheeks, body sliding against Kyuhyun’s, Yesung mumbling soft apologies that Kyuhyun was all ready to protest against, Yesung silencing him with a soft kisses, protest leaving Kyuhyun as he focused on the softness of pink lips and fact that Yesung was definitely initiating more intimacy with him. He supposed it was a consequence of their fight and for once he was grateful that they had that argument, feeling that same tingle all the way to his toes whenever Yesung kissed him, trying not to laugh at his own self.

It was a soft delicate kiss, brushing against heated lips and lacked passion, just pure affection and yet he felt like he was floating. It’s the sort of kiss he sees himself receiving years from then whenever Yesung thought he had to atone, the sort of kiss he would be addicted too even then, stupidly sort of happy that Yesung was feeling guilty, the older man in his actions showering him with affection, breaking the tender kiss, instead pressing his now free lips against Kyuhyun’s jaw line, against his cheeks, dipping to the area beneath his chin.

 Kyuhyun tugged him closer, rather taken with the soft brushes, his body feeling the now customary heat, clouded not by lust this time but affection, wanting to return the tenderness, Yesung however, not stopping to let Kyuhyun return the kisses, until he decided he had enough, pulling away from Kyuhyun, but only so much that he could speak, looking a little sad but a lot more hopeful, leaning forward to peek Kyuhyun’s lips before he spoke.

“Since you won’t even let me pay you back for the restaurant” Kyuhyun glaring instantly, Yesung shaking his head, deciding to deal with it one time, leaning back in to hug Kyuhyun as appeasement, mumbling an apology against his neck, rubbing his hands against Kyuhyun’s back in a soothing motion, silently apologizing, hoping the fire in the younger man’s eyes had been squelched.

 Kyuhyun rarely ever lost his patience with him, despite how annoying he must be to the younger man, but when he had finally succeeded in pushing Kyuhyun too far when he said he would pay him back for the restaurant. He didn’t think he had ever seen Kyuhyun so mad, his face burning, his eyes reddening, teeth locked against each other, body rigid as he practically spat a reprimand, Yesung actually terrified for the first time ever. Kyuhyun was a brat most of the time and a freaking monster the other times but he was never ever the sort to get truly mad at him.

That was the first time he had seen Kyuhyun that mad and that was including when he kicked him in the head [he was really sorry about that and had apologized profusely or at least tried….Kyuhyun kept interrupting him with kisses and insisting that he kicked like a girl and that he was alright. He knew he wasn’t. Kyuhyun still had trouble walking and he had seen him swallow a few painkillers through the day, but he appreciated Kyuhyun trying to spare his feelings, even if he still felt guilty about it] and yet he was fuming then. Apparently Kyuhyun hated that he suggested that he pay him back.

 Yesung at first didn’t know what he did wrong; only wanting to help Kyuhyun cover the cost and not be too disappointed that it was wasted. Kyuhyun just glared with the fires of hell and told him to never say that again and then took a few breathes before he buried his head on his shoulder. Yesung was truthfully afraid of him for a few seconds, but Kyuhyun was soon trying to nibble on the spot he had bruised, Yesung just trying to calm him down. Later when he thought about it he realized that he may have hurt Kyuhyun’s pride and he was sorry for that but he still didn’t think it was right for him to let Kyuhyun pay that much when it was his fault that it was wasted. He kept that to himself though afraid of upsetting Kyuhyun even more.

 It may not have been a good idea to mention it then as well, he decided as he pressed kisses to Kyuhyun’s body, smiling when he felt his shoulder’s relax and the younger man heave a sigh. Kyuhyun was finally calmer, Yesung continuing to hug him, just happy that works, happy that he was finally able to handle Kyuhyun better.

“How about I grant you one wish? Anything you want and its yours” Yesung offered with a warm smile, having pulled away after a few minutes of petting Kyuhyun, a hand reaching up to caress the younger man’s face, holding him so that he could look into his eyes, smiling at him invitingly. He was offering Kyuhyun anything he wanted.

No matter how he thought about it he owed Kyuhyun for everything and while he could never properly repay him for his patience and his kindness and his willingness to put up with someone like him and all his moods he was still going to try and do little things for Kyuhyun. He was going to do anything Kyuhyun wanted from him. He knew the offer was still small considering that he was not especially rich [café’s don’t buy themselves] nor was he especially talented but he would try and make Kyuhyun happy in whatever way he could.

He was just hopeful that Kyuhyun at least accepted the offer to him, the younger man currently looking at him with a neutral expression, but Yesung could see in his eyes that he was weighing his words, Yesung assuming that Kyuhyun was deciding if he was willing to accept his offer, thinking that Kyuhyun had the right to refuse. After all he was the idiot that forgot to get his young love a present. Why did Kyuhyun put up with him again?.............he was just glad that he did, smiling even more blindingly when Kyuhyun smiled, wonderful and beautiful and Yesung's heart thumped happily, until it turned into smirk, Yesung suddenly feeling dread.

“Anything Hyung?” Kyuhyun asked and even if it was perfectly normally Yesung is positive that he comes off as devious, his mind supplying all the possible not so nice things that Kyuhyun could request, thinking that Kyuhyun would be the only one bratty enough to take a kind offer and turn it into such a complicated thing. When he said anything he meant …well anything ….so okay, maybe Kyuhyun had a point.

He was the one that complicated things with the bad choice of wording. He had left it much too open and all the weird things that Kyuhyun could request were suddenly making him sick…what if Kyuhyun requested that they that….he felt sick, the blood draining from his face turning pallid, his expression losing its brightness, becoming thoughtful, Kyuhyun chuckling softly, leaning forward to kiss the side of his head in a gesture that probably meant to comfort but only unnerved Yesung.

 He had a decision to make apparently.

“Yes. Anything you want, as long as it is in my capabilities. Tell me and it’s yours” Yesung promised with sincerity, hands falling away from Kyuhyun’s cheek. He was determined and sincere but he would be a fool if he was not wary.

Kyuhyun was dangerous in that way. He could ask for a number of painfully embarrassing things and Yesung was determined to give him whatever he wanted, so he wouldn’t dare refuse him, no matter how embarrassing it ended up being. He was actually hoping that Kyuhyun ask him for something expensive, that way he would not feel guilty about the restaurant thing anymore, but knowing Kyuhyun that may be too easy for him. Yesung was sure he would gladly empty his chequing account than do anything weird for Kyuhyun’s amusement. All he could do was trust Kyuhyun to be merciful and if that failed, then he would just have to test how persuasive he could do and determine just exactly how much Kyuhyun was susceptible to kisses.

 It was one of his proudest discoveries to be honest.

 He was shocked when he noticed that he had a fair bit of control over Kyuhyun’s mood and all he had to do was press some kisses against the younger’s skin to be spared his wrath. It was a discovery that made him feel flutters and feel giggly, almost surreal really. To be fair, he rarely used his newly discovered skill, as he felt shy about it all, but he couldn’t say he was above using it, as he had just been doing to be honest. He was shy about it, but if Kyuhyun was happy, then what was the harm? It also helped that he rather liked tasting Kyuhyun’s apple scented skin. He tried his best to smile at Kyuhyun, waiting for his question and not seem overly anxious as he felt.

“I want you” Kyuhyun stated simply, not mixing words and Yesung was sort of shocked to be quite honest. He had no idea what Kyuhyun could possibly mean by that. He already loved Kyuhyun and was already in a relationship with Kyuhyun, so what else was there……..well there was the intimacy aspect.

Could Kyuhyun mean it like that? He was not sure how he felt about that, still however determined to grant him his wish. He made a promise and he was a man of his words, but it was weird and how on earth could Kyuhyun say something like that so easily? Just the idea of it had him blushing and wanting to die on the spot, feeling a little comfortable. It was not as if he was against intimacy with Kyuhyun, just that it was a little weird for him, even after the night earlier, the shyness that they both felt permitting it to dissolve into wonderful, affectionate interactions, rather than genuine intimacy, both still shy and uneasy on that point, the shyness rearing its head again, resisting the urge to hide. Kyuhyun would seem however had caught on to his discomfort, chuckling merrily.

“Stop being a ert. I was not talking about that Hyung. You are spending too much time with Kangin and Heechul” Kyuhyun teased and Yesung wanted the earth to swallow him, Kyuhyun looking at him with those mischievous eyes and that arched damning eyebrow, his tainted by mirth and Yesung seriously wondered if he would get away with punching him in the face. He blushed even more then, his eyes flying to Kyuhyun’s to make a stern denial, instead the words lost in his throat when Kyuhyun winked at him and then shook his head disapprovingly or what should have been disapproval, only coming off as him being a freaking brat! He felt faint he thinks, but he still needed to deny such false accusations.

“I was not…well….Whatever! I am not a ert!” Yesung argued comprehensively, or he thought it was comprehensive but to everyone else it was just some sputtering of a man flustered out of his mind and looking as if he would die any second, his face red and hands making crazy gestures in the small space, red as a stoplight, Kyuhyun laughing his head off, thoroughly amused, Yesung still panicking, Kyuhyun trying to sooth him, holding him tighter in his arms, chuckling softly, pressing his chin on Yesung's hair to keep him settled, feeling slightly bad for messing with him, listening in amusement as Yesung cursed him under his breath, even insisting that he was not a ert, Kyuhyun finding him too cute for his own good, holding him as he settled, Yesung pinching at Kyuhyun’s shoulder to calm his anger, Kyuhyun’s laughter subsiding.

“Hyung, I want you to promise me something. ............I want you to promise me that you will fight for me” Kyuhyun spoke seriously, his laughter from before disappearing, his words soft and heartfelt, looking at Yesung, catching his eyes when the older man looked up at him, holding his gaze, willing Yesung to accept his wish, to grant him his heart’s desires. He knew Yesung might not have expected that when he made that offer and if he were to be honest he had thought of all sorts of fun crazy things that he could have requested.

He wanted to play a prank on him at first but smartly realized that it was a golden opportunity, one that he should not squander on something frivolous. Yesung rarely made him such offers and he could be a fool to pass it up. It was the perfect opportunity to ask for something that he really wanted, but the thing is he didn’t know what he wanted, or rather he didn’t know what it was exactly. All he could think about was Yesung; wanting to hold him and keep him and have him trust him.

In the end he realized that was all he would ever want, the only thing that his heart could ever desire.

Yesung asked him what he wanted and in truth that was all he wanted. He was incredibly hesitant to ask for something like that. Really? How could he realistically hope to ask for something like that? It was embarrassing and cheesy and he was so damn pitiful that he could slam his head into a wall repeatedly but at the end of the day, he knew that it was the only thing that would ever make him happy. Yesung never broke promises, or at least, he tried his very best to keep all that he made, which naturally meant that he did not make promises that he could not keep. He was always very honest on that point and Kyuhyun supposed he was asking for a lot. In a way he did not even know the extent of his request.

What did fighting for him mean exactly? He thinks that it perhaps meant that Yesung had to be willing to face hard times with him, that he wanted the older man to trust him or maybe he just wanted him to hold his hand and never let go and he prays that he does not mean that in the literal sense. After he had said the words however he realized just how much he wanted it.  Before the words were out of his mouth, he was doubtful, uncertain as to if this was the right thing to ask, if it was worth the embarrassment. After the request was uttered however, he felt a tug in his heart, every bit of him praying that his older beloved would grant his one wish. He hoped with everything in his heart that Yesung grant him his love, grant his wish.

With baited breathe he waited, looking at the man staring at him with wide eyes.

A/N: One left and a goodbye.