Her Answer

Best Friend

"No," Tiffany stared at the ground.

"........Oh......" Jessica got up and put the ring in her pocket. She could feel her tears swelling up.

*

*

"W-WHAT DID SHE SAY?" Taeyeon growled from behind the wall. The group decided to spy on the two to see what Tiffany would say. When they heard her answer, they almost fell over.

"D-Did she just.... Say NO?" Sooyoung gasped. They couldn't believe their ears, Tiffany had been in love with Jessica for so long, why did she say no? 

"What is that girl doing? Is she insane?" Hyoyeon stared at the two.

"Poor Sica Unnie," Seohyun sighed. 

"No. Tiffany. She can't be doing this," Yuri stared at the ground. "Jessica unnie loves her so much, why can't she understand that?"

 

Jessica's POV~

"I'm sorry Tiffany. I'm sorry I'm not the right person for you. I'm sorry I couldn't make you happy. I just hope, your future husband is much better than I am and I will ever be. I'm sorry if I ever made you sad, if I ever hurt you." I thought to myself.

Some how, I already expected this answer but I didn't expect it to hurt this much. "I guess maybe it's because I'm a girl. Maybe..... maybe she likes someone else," Jessica wiped away her tears. 

"It hurts but I don't want to end our friendship. Even if she doesn't love me back, I want us to be friends. We're best friends, even if I have to let go and stop loving her, I still want to be by her side until she finds the person she loves," Jessica stopped walking. 

Her heart was confused, she was happy but sad. Jessica wiped away her tears and smiled, "Haha. I guess this just shows how much I love her." 

Author's POV~

Jessica decided that friendship was more important. As she turned around to tell Tiffany that she wanted to stay as friends, she felt arms wrap around her waist. Tiffany leaned in and kissed her on the lips softly.

 "Babo. You forgot that we were already married," Tiffany pulled Jessica closer and kissed her until they were  breathless, even so, she didn't let go, not until Jessica remembered. 

 

Flashback~ 15 years ago.

"Tiff, I really like you. Will you marry me?" The 5 years old Jessica held up a box with a silver ring with a sparkly jem in it. 

"YES!" Little Tiffany shrieked and pounced on Jessica, knocking her over.

"I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU!" She screamed and kissed Jessica on the cheeks, "I WILL KEEP THIS FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER!" 

*End of flashback*

 

Jessica pulled away from Tiffany, she look down at Tiffany's necklace and there it was, their wedding ring from 15 years ago. She never realized that Tiffany always had the ring on till now. Jessica wiped her tears and pulled Tiffany into a crushing hug. "I love you. I thought I was able to forget you but, I was wrong. That day I saw you on the balcony, I didn't know it was you but my heart did. I can't and won't love anyone but you. I just love you so much," She said, her tears dripping again.

Tiffany wiped her own tears, "I love you too Jessi. My real answer to your question is Yes." The two stood infront of the restaurant and kissed, not realizing that they had an audience watching until they heard the crowd cheer. 

 

"You're the only one for me," The two told each other just by staring into each other's eyes, "and I love you."