☼36

YAH, THAT WOMAN!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Su Kyung felt shivers run down her back when he said those words. She looked into that puppy like brown eyes of his. He looked as if he was pouting. Byun Baekhyun? Pouting? At her? This must be one of the rarest moments in history.

 

"Bacon... I have to go home. It's already midnight." she tried to reason, but like always he remained to be stubborn.

 

"Ani. Just stay with me. Just for tonight... Please?" Every word that he said made it even harder for her to look away from his pleading gaze.

 

"Bacon...."

 

"Stop. It's the only birthday wish I'm asking for. Don't go. Just stay here... With me."

 

Su Kyung's heart repeatedly started to pound so hard that she was afraid Baekhyun could hear it because of the silence lingering around them. She had never felt so flustered in her life. Su Kyung didn't want to leave truthfully but it felt like she had to because if she didn't, she would fall harder for Baekhyun.

 

"Bacon... It's not your birthday anymore. I can't grant that wish." she tried to hide her quivering voice but failed. Her knees felt like they were going to give in at any time.

 

He tightened his grip on her wrist but not tight enough to actually hurt her. Baekhyun pulled her wrist lightly to make her come even closer to him. Slowly, he stood up, towering over her 5'4 figure. She could feel his warm breath travel on her ear, making her blush furiously. He slowly wrapped his arms around her small waist, placing his chin on her shoulder. This action of his made her widen her eyes, lips parted with pure shock.

 

"W-What are you doing?" she half shrieked, knees already starting to give in but thankfully, he was holding onto her waist tightly so she wouldn't fall.

 

"Stay. With me. Just for tonight," he whispered, nuzzling into her hair now. Her scent was just addicting to him right now and he couldn't have enough of it. "Even though it's not my birthday anymore, can you please just grant me this one wish. That's all I'm asking you..." His voice came out as muffled, but she could understand every word.

 

"Why?" Her voice came out as a whisper as well also.

 

"Because I need you."

 

Those four words did it. The walls around her heart broke down in just seconds as she wrapped her arms around his torso as well.

 

"Ok..."

 

Baekhyun's eyes widened at her answer. Did she just accept? Quickly pulling back, arms still around her, he grinned like a fool. "Are you serious? You're not kidding with me, right? You're staying?"

 

Chuckling at his excited behavior, she nodded and awkwardly pulled away. "Why not. I told Sehun that I would stay all night to wait for you so he and my family are probably not expecting me back until tomorrow."

 

He continued to have that foolish grin on his face as he led her back to the table, placing her in one of the chairs. "Now we should eat the cake."  He declared as he was already slicing through the cake like it was jello.

 

"Wae? I told you, I'm gonna get fat if we eat this late! It's past midnight!"

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes as he lifted up a slice and plopped it onto a paper plate. "Think of it as a midnight snack. It's harmless," he pushed the plate into her hands. "And besides, you're perfect just the way you are so don't worry about it."

 

She felt her cheeks burning even more as she shyly accepted the cake. His sweet talking was making her scream in delight on the inside like she just met her bias. Baekhyun was being overly sweet tonight for some reason but she didn't mind it at all. It was bliss that the guy that she likes was treating her like a princess.

 

Su Kyung silently sat down and began to eat the cake while Baekhyun sliced his own piece. Once the cool whipped cream and spongy cake texture entered , she moaned in delight as her eyes rolled back. The taste of the cake was just overwhelming. It was amazing; as expected of D.O. She devoured the cake hungrily and Baekhyun just watched her, amused. He would be lying if he said she didn't look cute eating it. It was the same way she ate ice cream. She must really like sweets.

 

"Where are my parents?" Baekhyun suddenly remembered about them since he hadn't seen them all day.

 

"Oh. They had an urgent emergency in Japan so they had to leave early. They told me to say happy birthday to you for them and since they were so guilty, they asked me to throw that surprise party which someone didn't show up at." She partially glared at him, still a little bit annoyed that he didn't show.

 

He rubbed the back of his neck, avoiding her gaze. "Uh yeah... Sorry about that. I promise I'll make it up to you guys."

 

Su Kyung still grimaced, stabbing the cake. "We spent so much time and effort on the decorations too."

 

Baekhyun softened. Yes, he had seen the living room and was deeply surprised and touched by their actions. He felt even guiltier now.

 

"Listen. I'm really sorry. If I had known you were going to throw a party for me, I would've came right away." He sounded really guilty.

 

Glancing at him, she smiled softly, knowing that he was feeling bad. "Aigoo, I was just teasing. It's fine. Don't feel so bad." She lightly touched his arm. "But say, where were you in the first place? And why'd you come back so late?"

 

He noticeably tensed at those words and fidgeted in his spot. "Uh well it doesn't matter where I was. I'm here aren't I?" He chuckled nervously. "And Woohyun managed to bring me to my senses and bring me back."

 

It was meant to reassure her but it only made her mood a little bit worse. When he mentioned Woohyun, she already knew where he was during this whole entire time. He was at Woohyun's place which was also considered Minah's since she knew that she stayed with him. How she knew? Woohyun said that he was going to head home and Su Kyung knew that he wasn't going to make any pit stops on. The way since his house was pretty close. Besides, Baekhyun got back about 20 minutes after Woohyun left. More than enough time to drive back, knock some sense into him, and come back again. Baekhyun had met with Minah.

 

"Ah... So you were with Minah then?" Su Kyung sounded displeased. She was uneasy. Minah and her never did like each other. At first, Su Kyung tried to be nice and just ignored her childish games. Then it became worse. Minah would purposely bump into her shoulder harshly, sometimes making we fall. Or 'accidentally' spill her piping hot soup on her lap. Or even bring her to the back of the school to threaten her about staying away. Of course her little minions were always around to. Thankfully, she was never seriously hurt. Only a few scrapes and scratches.

 

But still, she hated her. Minah always acted like a around her but in front of Baekhyun, she was an angel. She was the reason Baekhyun missed the party. She was the reason why Baekhyun was in a bad mood. She did something to him.

 

Baekhyun looked surprised at her spot on question. He was wondering how she knew. Hesitating to answer, he eventually slowly nodded, waiting for her outburst of anger but it never came.

 

She was just sitting there, sadly looking down at the plate where the cake used to be. "Ah... I see. You ditched us for her."

 

He already knew she was starting to misunderstand and waved his hands in front of him while shaking his head. "Ani! Ani! It's not what you think! I can explain!"

 

Su Kyung slowly looked up at her admired one and bitterly smiled. "Go ahead. Humor me..."

 

He bit his lip, a bit taken aback at her cold tone. She really was mad. Who wouldn't be? If Baekhyun was in her place, he wouldn't have even waited.

 

"Well Minah talked to me this morning and told me some really... Surprising news about you. It made me worry and feel really bad so I tried to avoid you somewhat today. And to be truthful, seeing your face was the last thing I wanted to do since it would hurt too much. I just wanted to get my mind off these things. I just wanted to forget everything... I wanted to not believe it... So I called home to cancel and went to Minah's. She said she was holding a party for me and I thought: Oh maybe I can just chill and forget about today. But to tell the truth, I was even lonelier then. I didn't know anyone and the chaos wasn't helping like I hope it would. I guess... I just wanted something to forget. But then Woohyun came home. He found me, we scuffled a little, and finally he managed to knock my brain back into me. I came home as soon as possible and found you here." He paused to raise his head and look at her straight in the eyes. "I'm so sorry. I never meant for you to wait long. I was just... Confused and self-conscious..."

 

Su Kyung stared at him, void of any emotions but eventually a small smile crept to her face. "I forgive you. Actually, I would've forgiven you even if you didn't tell me the reason. I can never stay mad at you for long, Bacon..." She put a hand on his forearm, lightly touching it. "But I'm curious. What did Minah tell you?"

 

"Uhh..." He looked uneasy as he chuckled fakely. "Well it's stupid so..."

 

"If it's stupid, then you should have no reason not to tell me. I'm curious of what Minah said to make the oh so great Bacon feel down."

 

"Uhhh... Haha it's not a big deal..."

 

"Then tell me."

 

"It's stupid.

 

"You already said that and I don't care. Just tell me."

 

"But-"

 

"I swear to god, Bacon. If you don't tell me, I'm never going to forgive you."

 

That shut him up. "Fine! I'll tell you!" He sighed a heavy breath and looked up at her with sincere eyes. “Minah told me… that you and Woohyun were going out. She pulled me into her car this morning and said that. At first I didn’t believe her, but then she pulled out all these photos of the two of you together, laughing and hugging. She said he confessed to you and you accepted. I couldn’t believe my ears… It was too big of a shock. She totally hooked me in and I believed her. I mean the evidence was obvious; I just didn’t want to believe it. That’s why when I was talking with you and saw Wooh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter