☼39

YAH, THAT WOMAN!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“You can do it, Baekhyun… You can do it…”

 

Baekhyun breathed out and splashed ice cold water on his face. It had been a couple of days since he tried to convince Su Kyung to go but he knew she was too stubborn to do so. And he had no choice but to do something that would hurt both of them. All because he wanted Su Kyung to chase after her dream. He was willing to give up his happiness just for her.

 

his lips, he put combed his curly brown hair or puffed it as his friends would say. “This is for Su Kyung… This is for Su Kyung…” he chanted, rolling his neck. He was trying to get rid of the nervousness and reluctance he had inside. He knew she would hate her. He knew that his friends would hate him. He knew that he might even lose a couple of his friends especially Sehun who loved his sister so dearly. But he was willing to give up all those for her happiness. As long as she could reach her life time dream, he could die with no regrets, not that he was actually going to die.

 

Whether if after this happens, he was going to be friendless or not, he just wanted Su Kyung to pursue what she wanted the most. He loved her and was going to do anything for her. He’ll probably be hated by everyone but who cares. As long as she lives her life to the fullest, he’s content.

 

“Get ready Baekhyun, this is probably going to be the hardest thing you’ve done in your life…” he sighed and put on his leather jacket, rolling up the sleeves a bit. He told his parents that he would probably get home late in the night then set off. Each step he took made him more and more nervous. His palms were already sweating and he felt sick.

 

He had already called Su Kyung saying that they should meet up in the park since he had to give her something. Yeah heartbreak. It broke his heart when she sounded really excited and said that she also had something to give to him too. Do you know what made this day even more depressing for the both of them?

 

It was their monthiversary. Baekhyun chuckled bitterly to himself. How much more cruel could he get? He was terrible, but he had to make sure that she would transfer. He wouldn’t stop trying until she finally chose to transfer over to the music branch. He had to make her hate him. He had to crush her heart. But again, as long as she goes after her destiny then everything would be ok to them.

 

In the middle of his thinking, his pocket vibrated. He wasn’t really paying attention enough to look at the caller ID and picked it up. “Hm?’

 

“YO HYUNG?! HAHA, WHAT’S UP MAN?” he could hear Kai’s laughter as well as some other familiar voices in the background. Oh boy, not now… please.

 

“Oh hey Kai. How’s it going?” he tried sound cheerful but failed. Thankfully, Kai was too preoccupied to notice.

 

“Nothing bro. How about we hang out?! Chanyeol throwing one heck of a party at his house! You should come. HAHAHA!” Kai’s maniacal laughter filled the line and Baekhyun grimaced, pulling the phone away from his ear because of his friend’s rowdiness.

 

“Give me that you little-.” Baekhyun could hear the phone being snatched away from the hyper Kai. “Hey hyung? It’s Chanyeol. It looks like Kai got high off of air so I sent him to the backyard to tire him out.”

 

Baekhyun would have chuckled but today, he just wasn’t in the mood.

 

“So are you planning on coming, hyung?”

 

“I… I don’t think so. I’m planning on meeting with Su Kyung about now.”

 

“Ohoho~ Well I won’t bother you two love birds then. Wait… how about you bring her over once your date is over? We can all party!”

 

Baekhyun chuckled fakely a few times to keep up the act. “Nah, I know by the time we’re finished, it’ll be late. Besides, I don’t really feel in the mood to go partying. Sorry, man.”

 

“BOO, you’re no fun!”

 

“Sorry Yeol. I’ll make it up another time. Promise…” Baekhyun paused for a moment, thinking of what to say next. “Hey I’m sorry.”

 

“Hm? It’s fine. Are you ok, bro?”

 

“Yeah… yeah… I’m peachy. I’m just… sorry… I really am. Sorry about the past, the present, and… the near future. Sorry for everything…”

 

“Aish, you’re so weird dude. Whatever. See you later!”

 

Click.

 

Baekhyun’s arm fell limply to his side and blinked multiple times. “I’m sorry….I’m so so sorry.”

 

I'm a fool. I really am. I'm a fool to let her go. I'm a fool to not be selfish and let the girl I love chase her dreams. But I'd really rather be the bad guy than for her to be dimly lit in the spotlight. I'll get in trouble alright with everyone in fact. EXO-K, Sehun, my parents, Woohyun, heck maybe EXO-M will come back from China just to teach me a lesson. Well I deserve it. I really do. He thought bitterly, hands in his pockets. It was such a huge weight on his shoulders that he thought he might even collapse any minute now.

 

But here he was, in the middle of the park, by the fountain that separated their ways home. Left was Su Kyung's and right was Baekhyun's. It made him even more depressed when thinking that he wouldn't have the right to call it their fountain anymore. The fountain that held so many precious memories for them. Throwing pennies and making wishes. Exchanges short and sweet kisses while sitting on the edge. Falling into the water when they were teasing each other. Yeah. This fountain was one of the SuBaek couple's favorite landmark. But not anymore. If he was going to relinquish Su Kyung, he was going to have to forget all their memories too. Baekhyun traces his long fingers across the stone edge nostalgically. Life was really unfair.

 

"Bacon ah~" the familiar loving voice called out and he turned to his left, smiling a bit. He was going to miss that nickname. He was going to miss that cheerful voice.

 

He was mesmerized until he remembered why he was here. Quickly shaking off his smile, he stood there like a statue, arms by his side and head arrogantly up. This was the only way for her to leave him.

 

Once she caught up to him, a hug had welcomed him. He wanted to hug her back but instead he limply had his arms in his side, awkwardly leaving her the only one hugging. She was a bit stunned at his behavior but quickly shook the negative feeling off, putting on her excited smile again.

 

“What do you wanna do today, huh? Oh, I forgot! I have something to give to you,” she started to rummage through her purse but Baekhyun stopped her by placing a hand on her wrist, gently. When she looked up, he slowly shook his head.

 

“Let me go first.” His tone was unusually dead

 

"O-Oh... I guess that's fine too..." She retracted her hand, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. She knew something was wrong but she didn't dare ask why.

 

Baekhyun retracted his hands as well and shoved them back into his pockets, looking anyone else but her. He couldn't do it. This was killing him. This was making him go crazy. His hands even started to shake out of fear. It wasn't right but he had to do it. He had to do it for her....

 

"Oppa, if you're not going to talk then I might as well-"

 

"Let's break up." He interrupted her, shocking the both of them. He had said it without even thinking but was glad since he got it over with. It took him a lot of courage say that. The rest, he would just have to play along.

 

"B-Burago? Haha Bacon, you should really lay off the jokes. You almost got me there," Su Kyung awkwardly laughed, trying to shrug off what she just heard. Hopefully her ears were tricking her.

 

"I'm not joking. Does it look like I'm joking?" He said with an emotionless tone. "I'm serious. Let's break up."

 

"W-w-wae? Why are bringing this up so suddenly?! Did I do something wrong?" Her eyebrows creased as she desperately held onto the sleeve of Baekhyun's shirt, only to be coldly shrugged off.

 

"It's not you. It's me, sweetie. We're just not meant to be. I only realized that now." He said with a sardonic tone, making it sound ruthless. Oh how his heart was breaking on the inside. Every cringe that Su Kyung made broke his heart even more.

 

"B-But we were so h-happy! Going out on dates, texting each other, kissing. What happened to that? D-Didn't you say we were the perfect couple?"

 

"WERE, woman. Were. That's past tense. I just realized that you just don't suit me, nothing more and nothing less. We don't match each other. We aren't the perfect couple. We never were..." He spat, not sparing a single glance at her and that was killing her.

 

"What went wrong?! Tell me that, Byun Baekhyun? Why don't I suit your tastes?! You never had any! I want the truth and I want it now!" Su Kyung was going hysterical as tears were forming in her eyes, making her eye sight blurry. This all didn't make sense. Why the sudden breakup? They were doing just fine, no, more than fine a couple days ago.

 

"You want the truth. Fine, I'll tell you the truth, woman! I used you, ok?! I used you. I still like Ji Eun! But she had chosen Chanyeol over me even after I confessed! I was heartbroken and jealous so I just chose to stick with you! The day of my birthday? Ha, I didn't go to Minah's house just because I was jealous of you and Woohyun. In fact that never happened. Minah never showed my anything that day. In fact, I didn't even see her until the party! The only reason that I didn't go to the party that you guys prepared and went to Minah's is because I didn't want to see Chanyeol and Ji Eun be all mushy mushy. It disgusts me.

 

My best friend knew I liked her yet he still made a move on her, but what could I say?! He's my best friend for Pete's sake! I chose to be the bigger man and let him go for that. But I'm jealous. Insanely jealous of them. That's why I stuck with you. I knew you liked me so I decided to take advantage of that. I was using you as a rebound from Ji Eun but it wasn't working! Every date you and I had with each other, I always pictured that you were Ji Eun. Every kiss, I pictured that I was kissing Ji Eun. I tried to believe I was hugging Ji Eun, saying sweet words to Ji Eun, holding hands with Ji Eun. All the things I did with you, I pictured that I was with her and not you. You never were my girlfriend. Ji Eun was. You might have thought I was your boyfriend.

 

But to me, Ji Eun was always my girlfriend. And now I realized that it's tiring. Tiring to be around you. It's tiring to fake that I actually have feelings for you so let's stop right here. Stop with all this nonsense before you fall any deeper." Baekhyun sneered, looking at her with fake disgust. Lies. All he said were lies. It pained him to say them, a lot, but he had to. It's the only way to get rid of Su Kyung.

 

And by now, tears were slithering down her perfect pale face as she looked at him with disbelief. "No... No you're lying. No matter how much of a jerk you are, you wouldn't go as so far just to do that. It's sick. And Byun Baekhy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter