☼31

YAH, THAT WOMAN!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“What time are you getting off today? I’ll walk you home again,” Woohyun said after swallowing his toast. “You know, it’s dangerous for a girl to go out so late at night.”

 

Since Su Kyung had started working at the Infinite Café, Woohyun had picked her up every time after her shift ended just to send her home despite her protests. Eventually, she allowed it to make him stop whining, but she did like his company and honestly, she was a bit scared to go out alone at night.

 

Su Kyung shook her head. “Nah, you don’t need to. I’m not going to work today.” She ate a piece of bacon.

 

“WOAH, STOP RIGHT THERE!”

 

Su Kyung nearly dropped her bacon and glanced curiously at Woohyun who was pointing at her with a serious expression.

 

“What is it?”

 

“You’re eating bacon!”

 

She got even more confused at his words. “Excuse me? So what?”

 

“Don’t you get it, puppy? You’re a puppy so it’s basically like puppies eating bacon. So that means you’re basically eating Baekhyun!” Woohyun cracked up at his own joke while she just stared at him like he was retarted.

 

“So I’m a puppy that’s eating bacon? And I’m basically eating Baekhyun?” she raised an eyebrow and shook her head. “Wow Woohyun… I’m just speechless this time.”

 

Woohyun smirked as he watched her take another bite. It’s weird. The puppy is supposed to eat bacon but instead the bacon is jelly of the puppy. Baekhyun is jelly over Su Kyung because of me. He grinned wider. Jelly bacon eh?

 

“You know, you know bacon really goes well with jelly.” He randomly blurted out and Su Kyung was more confused than ever.

 

“What?”

 

“You should eat bacon with jelly. Bacon goes well with jelly.” Woohyun smiled innocently at his witty remark. That means Baekhyun goes well with jealousy pabo.

 

“I think you’ve officially gone crazy oppa. You need to see a doctor for your IQ.” Su Kyung stuck out her tongue as she yet again ate another piece.

 

“I’m perfectly fine Su Kyung. I don’t have anything wrong in my brain, but… there is something that is wrong with me.”

 

“Bwoh? What?!”

 

“It’s… my heart.” Woohyun sadly put a hand over his chest.

 

“YOU HAVE HEART CANCER?!” she shot up, now standing.

 

Woohyun shook his head, not taking his eyes off of her. “No it’s not that… For some reason, my heart speeds up really fast and it feels like it’s going to jump out of my heart at any moment. And it all happens when I’m around you,” he cheesily said and looked at her.

 

Sighing, she sat back down. “Aigoo, you’re so greasy.” She scrunched up her nose and took a bite out of his toast.

 

But it’s true… he thought to himself.

 

“Oh, by the way. Why aren’t you going to work today?”

 

“Didn’t you hear? I’m hanging out with Baekhyun since he was whining. This way, he won’t be too suspicious too,” she shrugged, but she didn’t notice how Woohyun’s face fell with disappointment and worry.

 

Wait, you don’t have to worry. Baekhyun hasn’t figured out his feelings yet. He still is unclear. But Woohyun, this isn’t going to go on forever. You have to make your move soon.

 

He glanced back up at Su Kyung who was happily playing around with her bacon.

 

Real soon.

 

“Wah! It got warmer since the last time we got up here,” Ji Eun squealed as she twirled under the sunlight.

 

Baekhyun closed the rooftop door and smiled at the girl’s cute behavior. As usual, her cute charms were just irresistible.

 

“I remember the last time we went up here. You wanted to tell me something as well but we were interrupted by the whole Luhan drama,” she chuckled, leaning against the railing.

 

“Yeah, I remember. Things were a bit tough back then, but I still don’t like that guy. He still gets on my nerves whenever I see him,” Baekhyun frowned as he joined Ji Eun.

 

“Aigoo, don’t be like that. Luhan oppa’s a nice person, but he’s just mischievous. He treated both Su Kyung and I well, you know. We really look up to him.” Ji Eun smiled nostalgically but that same smile didn’t send tingling feelings down Baekhyun’s spine like before.

 

“Oh! I forgot, you called me up here to tell me something.” She clapped her hands together and spun around to face him. “What did you want to tell me again?”

 

Baekhyun bit his lip nervously, but it wasn’t nervousness to hear her answer. It was nervousness of how he would feel after he confessed to her. Yes, he was confessing. After probably 5 years or so, he was finally confessing, but he was afraid that this moment wasn’t going to be like what he expected it to be or as he planned it out to be.

 

“Yeah… I won’t beat around the bush or anything. I’ll just say it straight out, ok?” he said while Ji Eun nodded calmly. It looked like she knew what was going to happen as well.

 

“I like you Ji Eun. I’ve liked you for a really long time so will you be my girlfriend?” he looked her straight in the eyes, expectantly. If it was the old Baekhyun, he would be uncontrollably fidgeting around and stuttering, but this Baekhyun had changed. He was no longer confessing out of love. He was confessing to find out something once and for all.

 

Ji Eun remained unfazed as she smiled. “Baekhyun, thank you for telling me this. I won’t beat around the bush either. I’m going have to reject your offer. I can’t become your girlfriend. I can only be your friend.”

 

Baekhyun wasn’t as affected as he thought he’d be. In fact, it was only his pride that had been scratched. Other than that, he was completely fine. But that’s what made him worried.

 

“C-Can you tell me why?” he asked with a shaky voice. He had a feeling that her answer was going to affect his future greatly.

 

“Baekhyun, I think you already know why,” she sadly smiled at him.

 

“Please Ji Eun… Just tell me why you won’t accept my feelings,” he closed his eyes.

 

Ji Eun sighed, knowing that he was going to be stubborn about this. She wanted him to realize it without anyone telling him why but she knew that was going to be impossible now.

 

“Because Baekhyun oppa, the girl you really like isn’t me.”

 

His mind nearly exploded at that moment as he let out the breath he had been holding all this time.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter