☼35

YAH, THAT WOMAN!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Protect her, so she won’t forget me
I will go till the end to the place where my person is"

 

Woohyun hummed to the tune as he softly tapped his fingers on the steering wheel. He had been greatly troubled by Su Kyung's stubbornness to wait for Baekhyun. He knew the girl and he was sure that she was going to wait for him as long as it took. But there was another question on his mind at that moment.

 

Where was Baekhyun? Other than school and home, he didn't really have somewhere to go to especially at this time at night. There was only one place: a club, but he shook that thought off. Baekhyun would never go to one. It just didn't fit him. The thing that troubled Woohyun the most was the whole way he treated him and Su Kyung today. He was awfully more aloof than normal. He knew the boy didn't like him, but not to that extent right? Something had happened to him to act this way. Something bad and he had a feeling of who it was.

 

His grip on the steering wheel tightened as he pressed on the accelerator petal harder. He was going to confront that spoiled brat once and for all.

 

But the sight he was met with when he got home had shocked him. The front lawn was full of food, plates, cups, and all kind of things. Inside the house, he could see colorful lights and lasers beaming and flashing in and out. Music was clearly heard and there were cheers. He had even heard pool splashed from behind the house.

 

Woohyun wasn't angry. He was FURIOUS. His cousin had thrown a party when he especially told her not to. That mansion was his and his parents only; Minah was just a guest. But what more could he expect from her? She was spoiled and a brat after all.

 

Stepping over all the trash on the floor, he pushed through the front door which was unlocked. And the scene in front of him wanted to make him pull his hair out. Everything was a MESS. Trash everywhere. People with no shame dancing like no tomorrow. Some kind of liquid that could be barf or beer was on the floor and he could certainly smell it. Moans were heard both from the living room and the bed rooms. Every nook and cranny of his house was packed with people. Just how popular was Minah?

 

Woohyun closed his eyes and rubbed his temples to help relieve his piled up stress. People were starting to envelope him into the crowd too, making him even more irritated. A shoulder bumped into his, making him tumble back a bit.

 

"Ah sorry man, I- Hyung? Is that you?" Myungsoo grinned upon seeing him and gave him a bro hug. Woohyun was stunned too. "Wassup? It's been a while. Infinite and I were trying to find you all night! Where were you?"

 

"I just got back... But why are you here?" he furrowed his eyebrows, confused. Why would Minah invite them? She hated them as much as they hated her.

 

Myungsoo shrugged, his drink almost spilling. "I don't really know myself. All I actually know is that Minah somehow sent us an invitation for some unknown reason. The guys and I figured, hey, free food! And so, here we are! But hyung, why are you here so late?"

 

"I was actually attending another party before this." Well he couldn't exactly call it a party. "But I didn't even know there was a party! This cousin of mine is dead. Throwing a party when me and my parents away is just crazy!" He sighed and winced when he heard something crash.

 

"Haha. You got it tough, hyung. I couldn't ever deal with a girl like that," Myungsoo sympathetically patted his back and Woohyun sent a glare in his direction.

 

"What is this party even for? She better have a pretty damn good reason to be throwing this party," Woohyun scowled, pissed.

 

"Oh, I think it was a birthday party."

 

Woohyun froze in his spot. "Birthday party?" Myungsoo nodded innocently.

 

"For whom?"

 

"Uhh not too sure. I think his name started with a 'B'. Was it Baro? No... Baesung? Nah..."

 

"Byun Baekhyun?" Woohyun questioned, his teeth clenched.

 

"Yeah! That's his name! I saw the birthday boy about half an hour ago. He was cutting the cake with your cousin. Looked pretty down though..."

 

Woohyun didn't hear the rest as he stormed away from Myungsoo, ignoring his yells of protest. His insides were on fire. Baekhyun was HERE. At this party instead of the one Su Kyung and his friends prepared so hard on. This party was the reason he missed their surprise. Woohyun didn't know what to think. He was shocked; shocked and disappointed.

 

He scanned through the crowd, searching for Baekhyun or Minah, but there were too many faces to decipher them from. At last, he saw Baekhyun sitting on the couch with a frown, alone and aloof. His fists clenched as he pushed through the crowd, storming in his direction.

 

Baekhyun wasn't that thrilled either. This party was meant to heighten up his mood, but so far it was a disaster. He felt just as depressed as ever except even lonelier since he knew almost nobody at the party. For about three and a half hours, he had been by himself the whole entire time except when it was time to cut the cake in front of the guests. But even the cake tasted bland and flavorless. Baekhyun was going crazy. He rubbed his face with his hand, groaning a bit in frustration. All of this was the woman's fault. Her fault and Woohyun's fault.

 

Suddenly Baekhyun was lifted from his seat by the arm, startling him. A pair of hands grabbed his collar and looked him straight in the eye. He mentally groaned. Great, he was face to face with one of the last people he wanted to see tonight.

 

"What do you want, Woohyun?"

 

He could feel the grip around his collar tighten as Woohyun's eyes burned with fury. Baekhyun unconsciously gulped. This wasn't going to be good.

 

"What the heck Baekhyun. You ask me what I want? What I want?!" His voice started to get louder and some people were starting to stare. "What I want to know his why in the hell are you HERE and not at home? That's what I want to know Baekhyun!"

 

The boy scoffed in response, shoving him off so he no longer held him. "That shouldn't matter. I'm an adult. I can go where ever I want, whenever I want." He declared.

 

Woohyun was slowly losing his patience as well. "Well then why did you still come here after Su Kyung made sure to tell you to go home, huh? You left them hanging!" He growled, tempted to shove Baekhyun.

 

"Who, my parents? Tch, they'll understand. And besides, why do you care?! Aren't you supposed to be with Su Kyung?" he mocked, rolling his eyes.

 

The other man couldn't take it and grabbed his collar again, pulling him closer. By now, everyone's eyes were on them and even the DJ turned the volume lower just to get in on the action. "And what is that supposed to mean?"

 

Baekhyun's eyes narrowed as well and he threw the man's hands off of him, staring him down. "It's exactly what it sounds like. Where's that woman? Where's your girlfriend?!" Baekhyun shoved Woohyun with every sentence he spoke causing the other to be peeved.

 

"Girlfriend? What the hell are you taking? I don't have a girlfriend!" Woohyun waved his arms around, shoving Baekhyun back.

 

He snorted. "Oh yeah? Then why are you always with her? Why do you accompany her every afternoon? Why did you hug her? Why did you confess to her? Why did she accept you then?! Tell me! GOD DAMMIT WOOHYUN, TELL ME!" Baekhyun's face was read with anger.

 

Woohyun on the other hand was confused until it dawned on him. He thought Su Kyung and him were dating. That's why he was avoiding them. He was jealous. He had somehow managed to figure out that he confessed too. And Woohyun had a very good guess on why Baekhyun thought that.
 

 

He chuckled a bit, approaching him calmly. He placed a hand on Baekhyun's shoulder which he tried to shrug off but was unsuccessful.

 

"Why are you laughing? Think this is funny?" his voice came out as menacing as before.

 

Woohyun slowly shook his head, still smiling. "I'm not laughing because I think you're funny. I'm laughing because I think this situation is funny." Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows in confusion as the other kept on chuckling like a fool. "Baekhyun, Su Kyung and I aren't dating."

 

Time seemed to stop as Baekhyun gaped at him. His expression showed it all.

 

"We were never together. It's true that yesterday I confessed to her, but she rejected me. Rejected me loud and clear. We're just friends now. And halmeoni's cafe thing? Truth was, Su Kyung landed a job there. Why, you ask? Because she needed the money. For what? To buy YOU a birthday gift. I was just there to accompany her home. But you know what she's doing now? She's at your home, waiting for you..."

 

All of Baekhyun's anger and frustrations disappeared as Woohyun's words soaked in. He blinked a few times, staring at him as he put his arms down.

 

"She's at my house... Waiting for ME?"

 

Woohyun smacked his arm. "Yes, you pabo! We were hosting a surprise party but you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter