Dongsaeng vs. Oppa

Take Care of My Little Sister

The following morning I woke up in an unfamiliar room. Still groggy and my eyes still trying to adjust to the sudden burst of sunlight I realize that the place I was at was not exactly the nicest room ever. The curtains seemed old and were slightly torn, the reason so much sun was in my face, and comic books everywhere. That kid's room I was going to guess.

 

I sat there in the foreign bed with so many thoughts going through my mind. One of which was what on earth was I going to do with the rest of my life. I can't keep walking around half dead, I'll get myself sick. I don't want to walk around acting like my brother's death was nothing to me either. I was so conflicted and depressed as I argued with myself. I needed to go home as well.

 

Getting up and tossing the army green blanket aside I notice that I slept in my clothes from yesterday. I tried to fix the creases on my dress as I was standing up, but apparently they wanted to be s and make me look like a slob today.

 

*Aish... Yoonmi what are you going to do with yourself...?*

 

Peering over at the clock the time was 11:45 and I mentally smacked myself. I had school today too! For once I was going to try to attend school so I could at least be in the comfort of my friends, but that idea was flushed down the drain as well. As I was cursing at myself for everything that was going wrong there was a knock at the bedroom door.

 

“Yoonmi~ah, are you awake now?” I opened the door to find Yongguk with a cup of water in his hand.

 

“N-neh... Sorry I had to take up space like this.” I scratched my neck and started to feel like I was in his way.

 

“It's okay kiddo 'bout time I see you hu?” He gently nudged my shoulder and I force out a smile knowing he was trying to make me feel better. As he handed the cup to me he returned the smile.

 

“I kinda need to go home though, I was suppose to go to school today.” I take a sip of the water that was given to me and nibbled on my lip in thought. It was really awkward talking to him again and so many questions piled in my head, but asking him right now would seem rude.

 

“I'll take you home then, just let me wake up Zelo.”

 

I nodded then looked back to the room I woke up in. It was really small, too small, not that I was acting too good for this place but I couldn't even imagine having a room of this size. Then I was reminded of that kid. Zelo, I not only have to apologize to him but I need to thank him as well for saving me yesterday. Walking out of that small room I trip over a pile of dirty clothes.

 

“Ewww.” was the first thing I say as I hit the floor but then laugh to myself. It was a bittersweet laughter because I knew my brother used to throw his clothes around like this. There were a series of rapid footsteps as I got up, then a person was at my side.

 

“Still clumsy?” Yongguk leaned down to pick up the clothes on the floor, “Sorry, we're too lazy to clean up around here.”

 

“I can see that...” I threw a dirty sock right in his face and he looked back at me in shock.

 

“What the hell!?” Yongguk threw a pair of boxers at my face.

 

“YAH! That's gross!!!” I grabbed a pile of the clothes and threw them at Yongguk.

 

“Hyung I'm dressed now. Oh, hi... noona.” Zelo stood off in the corner of the room and I started to feel really bad now. Yongguk got up and sat the clothes in a basket. He grabbed his car keys telling us that he needs to clean up his car before we leave.

 

Zelo and I walked down to the garage behind Yongguk and not one word was shared between us two. Did he really take how I acted yesterday that seriously..?

 

Zelo's POV

 

I was mad at myself for making noona mad at me and I was certainly paying the price. It was awkward to just be sitting here on the sofa in the garage saying nothing at all. On the plus side I was able to silently sit there and admire noona. She was combing her hair with her fingers and trying to fix the creases in her dress. I really didn't want hyung to take her back to her home.

 

Noona caught me staring and I knew I must have bushed because I felt really warm all over my face. Not only did she catch me, but she came over and sat next to me.

 

“Zelo? Right?” She asked me and I almost choked.

 

“Yes n-noona.?”

 

“I'm really sorry about yesterday. I didn't mean to snap at you like that, really.” Peeking over at her face she was staring right at me with sad eyes and you could tell she was sincere.

 

“And about the whole thing with that guy, thank you so much.” Noona leaned over and gave me a hug which made me go into a shock mode.

 

“But don't you go around hugging me now. If you do then I'll break your arm.”

 

I raised a hand to my eyebrow in a salute stance and said 'yes ma'am' to noona and she just shook her head with a faint smile on her face. I was hoping to become friends with noona then I realized that she lives a different life than I do. Hyung had told me the very reason why he and Youngjae never hung out much as they grew older. He didn't want his life as a gangster to affect Youngjae's life as a police officer. Knowing hyung he would most likely scold me if I try to get closer to noona.

 

“I finished cleaning the car. Lets go.” Yongguk called us two over and noona's eyes almost grew double in size as she saw the car.

 

“You must make a lot of money to have bought a car this nice!”

 

“I guess you can say I make a lot of money” Hyung chuckled as he got in the driver's seat. Yep, noona definitely isn't aware of our “situation”.

 

She didn't live that far from us and it took only 25 minutes to get to her house. Last time I was here was the night Youngjae was kidnapped and even then I didn't pay attention to it's structure. She obviously was from a good family, unlike all my hyungs and I, because the house was really big. Two stories and a brick wall was surrounding the structure. The gate to enter was made of wood and there were two lamp posts on both sides. I was jealous of this nice place and wished I lived in a house like this too.

 

“Thank you so much for everything.” Noona unbuckled her seat belt, “And don't go disappearing again and visit sometime... It was nice seeing you again.”

 

Her voice was sad and I could understand why she would feel that way. Looking over at hyung he just smiled and patted noona on the head.

 

“You watch yourself kiddo.”

 

“Noona can I walk you to the door?!” I raised my hand and jumped in my seat. I wasn't going to let hyung have all the attention.

 

“Erm... It's just right there... but I guess you can if you want.” She chuckled and I literally hopped out the door with excitement.

 

As she got out of the car she looked past me with a surprised look on her face. Curious about her expression I turn around to find a guy leaning against the gate to the house. Wearing a black and red hoodie and in a pair of ripped skinny jeans. He didn't look too pleased as he stared at me with a piercing glare. Pfft... I'm taller than him he doesn't scare me.

 

“Oppa!” Noona walked over to the guy and completely forgot about me.

 

“Noona, you know him..?!”

 

“Jagi, who's this kid?” The guy put his arms around noona.

 

“Just a dongsaeng. Zelo this is my boyfriend JR.”

 

Boyfriend?! I felt my heart drop and there was a lump stuck in my throat. She was taken? SINCE WHEN?! Out of politeness I waved and smiled.

 

“My hyung and I were just dropping her off.” I saw him give noona a weird look that I didn't like, “My hyung is her...”

 

“Youngjae's best friend. I haven't seen him in a while. Don't look at me like that oppa.” Noona furrowed her brows a bit but stuck her tongue out at her boyfriend as he smiled.

 

“See you another day noona~” I waved bye to both of them then got into the car. I was angry with everything now.

 

“Hyung!! She has a boyfriend! I don't like him! Make him leave noona alone!” I pouted as Yongguk drove around the corner and parked the car, “W-waeyo hyung?

 

“I don't trust her to be alone in that house. Just for today we'll keep a look out.”

 

I almost forgot about those Block Buster guys, most likely they'll try something funny. Himchan hyung and Jongup hyung are the ones who are trying to figure out exactly where they are, but are having no luck. Daehyun hyung... is being Daehyun hyung and off somewhere gambling or at the clubs with women. Whatever floats his boat. Looking in the rear view mirror I noticed noona crossing the street with that guy again, but this time she was in a uniform.

 

“Noona is still going to school?” If I were her I'd just stay home and sleep in. No point in going if more than half the day has passed

 

“She's not a punk like you. She actually wants to do something with her life.”

 

I stuck my tongue out at hyung and crossed my arms facing the other way. Her uniform looks really expensive too... I wouldn't mind going back to school if I had to wear a uniform like that.