Outcast

Take Care of My Little Sister

School was a bust today after I left the so called “interview” with the police. It still humored me knowing that those two nut jobs are probably ting bricks after the court trial threat I made. I'll keep them on their toes for a few days, I really don't want to have to deal with them but if they bother me again or if I really do change my mind I'll think about taking them to court. A settlement doesn't seem half bad actually...

 

“Hey...” A familiar deep voice called out to me and I looked up. I narrowed my gaze on the guy, clearly not wanting to hear his BS.

 

“Wow... I'm actually surprised that THE Kim Jonghyun is talking to me. Oh whatever have I done to receive such a privilege?” I said not caring that my sarcasm was extremely noticeable.

 

“Stop acting like that, can we talk?” JR put his hands in his pocket and looked around the hallway. I already knew that talking to me right now meant that he was risking his school social status.

 

“Look if your rep is that much more important that what we had then why are you doing this?” I crossed my arms and his jaw fell open.

 

“What do you mean by what we 'had.'?! Do you not consider me your boyfriend anymore?!” I couldn't tell whether or not he was actually hurt, but he sure did play the part well enough.

 

“I don't know anymore JR. What boyfriend just ignores his girlfriend when she's going through a hard time like this? That's seriously messed up that you chose your rep over someone you claim to love.” I didn't stop there, all the things that I have been meaning to say were now being released out of pent up anger, “Yea I understand that all the rumors are probably embarrassing to you, but do you honestly think they're true? The rumors themselves are retarded, but you actually falling under the peer pressure just to be cool is even more ridiculous. I thought you were better than that.”

 

I gave him a chance to process all that as I let out an irritated sigh and pinched the bridge of my nose. The stress getting to me once again, and because I was in front of JR my subconscious told me that it was alright to cry. Did I allow myself to do that? No, I held it in knowing that my mind and body got too used to his comfort.

 

“I wanted to say that I was sorry... I'm sorry that I made the mistake of choosing to believe the rumors instead of you.” He wrapped his arms around me, but they felt different... It was hard to pinpoint but there was definitely something different about his embrace.

 

“You idiot... I'm still mad at you.” I lightly hit his chest as he let me go.

 

“Let me make it up to you alright?” JR patted my head, something that was new to me, and smiled, “Meet me after school alright? By the front gate.”

 

I pretended to think about it just to make him anxious, but I replied with a simple nod. He seemed really happy to know that I agreed to meet up with him after school and gave me another awkward hug.

 

“Great! I'll see you then.” He smiled at me, making me get butterflies in my stomach. That pabo.

 

“I gotta get to class now, See ya later.” I waved and walked off to my class with a happy feeling in me. Maybe my day wont be as bad as I thought it was going to be.

 

Yongguk's POV

 

When Zelo took Yoonmi to school this morning I was still contemplating whether or not I should just have him stay home while the guys and I left to take care of our deal. Yoonmi would have been upset knowing that I don't want her to be alone, but I can't help but feel paranoid about things... Especially today.

 

“Yongguk you alright?” Himchan came up to me and patted my shoulder.

 

“Just worried about Yoonmi, should I just stay here while you guys go?” I asked not even worried about sounding too much like a parent. Himchan glared at me.

 

“Seriously..? You'll miss out on this deal just to make sure little miss pampered poodle gets home safe? Get your priorities straight Yongguk.”

 

I don't know what is wrong with the guy, but Himchan has been acting like an to Yoonmi ever since he laid eyes on her. It was starting to really piss me off that he was being this way.

 

“Dude what's your problem? What has she done to you for you to be that way?”

 

Himchan just got up and slammed the chair into the table that he was siting at. The other guys looked our way as Himchan walked out of the garage. Jongup was the first to get up and go after him while Daehyun walked towards me.

 

“It's alright, he's just not used to seeing you act this differently.”

 

“Different?! How?” I wasn't seeing eye to eye with Daehyun and apparently he thought what I said was funny.

 

“Yep, you definitely changed boss man.” He patted my back and walked over to the couch .

 

I shook my head and walked over to the hood of the black hummer in the room. Zelo was cleaning up some of the parts on the inside. I was glad to have this kid around. I would have gone crazy cleaning this car by myself.

 

“Hey Zelo.”

 

The boy looked up at me with a black streak of dirt on his cheek, “Yeah hyung?”

 

It took me a minute good minute before responding. Was I completely sure that I wanted him to stay behind today..? I had to unless I would feel uneasy the whole night, “How about you stay behind tonight and pick up Yoonmi.”

 

“You sure hyung?! I thought-”

 

“I know, but something feels a bit off today... Just stay behind to make sure Yoonmi makes it home safe arraseo?”

 

He nodded and I swore I saw him smile, that lazy kid. I walked back upstairs to the house and let out a sigh as I reached my cramped bedroom. The bed unmade and clothes all over the place. When was the last time I actually cleaned this place? Picking up the clothes from the floor I noticed a brown, dusty, box hidden under the bed. Throwing the clothes back onto the floor I picked up the box and sat on my bed.

 

“Ah... I remember this...” Lifting the lid off the box I scanned the contents inside.

 

There was a photo album that I received as a present from Youngjae one year, a few old treasure maps that I would use as a kid, and a couple of letters that were given to me by Yoonmi. That girl really knows how to make a person smile, definitely a smart growing up though. Picking up one of the yellowed envelopes I flip it over in my hand before slipping out the paper that was inside.

 

Cookie oppa~

You know I really really really reaaallly like you, right?

 

I shook my head and started to chuckle as I remembered reading this a long time ago. Yoonmi was about 8 and I was around 12 at the time. It was her first confession to me and I remember how I told her to wait a couple of more years and I'll marry her.

 

“It was really cute how she believed it and told me to not take back what I promised.” Putting the letter back in the box, and setting the cardboard cube down I lay down staring at the ceiling, “Does she even remember that promise..?”

 

Placing a hand over my slowly beating heart I close my eyes and try to relax my uneasy mind. Yoonmi really did grow up well over the years. One look at her and you could automatically tell that she was Youngjae's sister, he raised her to be strong and independent just like him.

 

“Hyung... Jongup and Daehyun hyung wanna talk to you.” Zelo knocked at the door before he entered the room.

 

“Be right there.” I scooted the box under the bed and made my way downstairs with my arm around Zelo's neck.

 

“Dude, that hurts!”

 

“You punk, where's your manners?” As I released him, Zelo stuck out his tongue.

 

“Mehrong~”

 

Shaking my head I let him off that time. Having him around made me feel like an older brother, it was a nice feeling. That and it felt like I was reliving my childhood again, being with Youngjae.

 

Yoonmi's POV

 

It was the last class of the day and I was happy that the bell was going to ring in less than half an hour. That gave me time to talk to my friends, if they still even considered me one. I got up from my seat and walked over to the small group in the back.

 

“Hey what's up you guys.” I smiled at the two girls, Soohee and Eunji, as they where laughing at a joke that one of them made. They looked up at me with halfhearted smiles.

 

“Hey...” Soohee was the first to say and she turned back to her new Samsung Galaxy X 4.

 

“Oh my god!!!” Eunji jumped in her seat making Soohee and I jump as well, “Jun texted me!”

 

“Chincha?! Lemme see!” Soohee and Eunji gathered around the phone as hey read the so called message. I was left confused.

 

“Who's Jun..?” I placed my hands behind my back as I leaned forward with curiosity.

 

“Eunji's boyfriend.” Soohee replied without even looking at me. It was then when my smiled dropped from my face.

 

“You never told me you had a boyfriend...” I was hurt because this was the same person that claimed to be my best friend, “I didn't know...”

 

They both looked at me with an annoyed expression spread across their face. I knew what was going on and I was more than certain that these two were just as bad as the rest of the school.

 

“Well, it's almost time to go, come on Soohee there's a sale today at the Face Shop we wouldn't want to miss out on.” as the two got up I could hear snickers from the other students.

 

Now I was not the type to cause a scene over petty things, but this really was too much. This whole school was now a joke to me.

 

“Yah... You two decide that it's alright to bail out on a friend like that just because of these so called rumors? Tch! You two really are dumb and dumber.” I crossed my arms and walked up to them, “Kim Soohee, remember how everyone used to call you fat and ugly when you were in middle school? Everyone made fun of you and everyone else that was your friend. No one wanted to be around the 'Quasimodo' of the school because ugly was contagious. But who was the one who remained your friend through all that? HU?! WHO?!”

 

Soohee was baffled and didn't know how to respond. Everyone in the room was quiet because they were either there during middle school and where a part of those that called the now beautiful girl ugly or they were appalled that I was standing up to them,

 

“ And you Bae Eunji. Don't even get me started with last year. The year you got into an accident and you had a large bump on your nose and everyone started to call you all sorts of names? You looked fine and didn't need to get plastic surgery. Did I fall under the peer pressure and quit being your friend?! YOU TWO HAVE NO REASON TO JUST BRUSH ME OFF LIKE THAT!”

 

I could feel the anger rushing through my body and the two girls looked even more embarrassed that I was telling them off like this. I was more than hurt at this point.

 

“You two are just ridiculous... Such ugly personalities, good thing you have your reputation right? That's what it was all about anyway... I'm ashamed that I even considered two friends.”

 

The bell rung just in time and as I was making my way down the hall I wiped the tears that were slowly starting to fall down my face. It seemed like there was no bright light at the end of this tunnel, everything was falling apart. My life crumbling to pieces like a Jenga game. My hopes were starting to lift when I saw JR. With a smile on my face I walked a bit faster to the one person I knew could shield me from this cruel world, I really needed him right now.

 

“J...R..?” My smile instantly disappeared from my face.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

Herro everyone! Back again with your weekly update w00ts w00ts!! What do you think is going on with Yoonmi and JR?!?!?! Omona~~~ I can't even! WAAEEEE?! Well I'm sure you're all curious about what is gonna happen next right? Am I right???

 

Well I hope you all look forward to the next update because it's gonna be BIG like BOW CHIKA WOW WOW big xD well I actually don't know about that, but whatevers ahahaha I think it's gonna surprise you all. (hopefully ._.)

 

 

I would like to thank all me subbies for reading my fic and leaving comments. I really love you all!!! \(^3^)/ *here have some Cheesecake and Ice cream* Don't let Dae catch you with it! ahaha

 

 

Lastly I would like to ask you all if you could vote this story up if you really like it that much! author-nim's dream is to be featured one day! And also! I was thinking of doing a cover contest thing... If you think I should do a cover contest with you all just say so in the comments and if i get enough I'l put together something :)

Till then~