'Stressed' Backwards is 'Desserts'

Take Care of My Little Sister

 

Yesterday's events seemed to pass by really quick and everything was starting to register. What would the people at my school think of me after this situation? It was three in the morning and I was sitting outside the rooftop room on a small crate. I took out my phone and decided to give JR a call. He might have been asleep, but there was a small chance that he could be up and studying his music.

 

“Yoonmi-ah?!” He nearly shouted into the receiver.

 

“O-oppa...” I started to cry for a reason I was unclear of.

 

“What in the hell happened to you?! Are you alright?!” He began to ask so many questions and I didn't know how to respond to him, “No forget that, where are you right now?!”

__________

 

I had ended up telling JR to meet me somewhere near the house because knowing Yongguk he would throw a fit about me meeting a guy this late. Sitting in a nearby convenience store I was eating a cup of kimchi flavored ramen. The scent itself reminded me of my childhood... Yongguk would always make my brother and I this flavor of ramen when he would come over. There was a ring at the entrance of the store and I looked up with a noodle partially hanging out of my mouth.

 

“Jagi!” JR rushed over to me and wrapped his two arms around my body. I swallowed my food and hugged him back.

 

“I'm so sorry about all this...” I felt guilty for not telling him a thing from the past few days.

 

“Do you not trust me or something? Tell me what's going on with you!” He took a seat next to me, his gaze never broke.

 

“It's not that...” How can I explain that I'm involved with these two gangs? He'll think that I'm insane, “oppa-”

 

“Tell me right now! I deserve an explanation after hearing that my girlfriend was being targeted by a couple of thugs. The whole school is starting rumors and saying that you were kidnapped!”

 

I looked at my now soggy cup of ramen and hot tears were falling down my face. I didn't want people to worry about me, I felt so guilty. I grabbed JR's hand and just squeezed it; holding back so that I wouldn't break apart. His breath was still jagged and I could tell that he was upset beyond belief.

 

“It's honestly too complicated right now... I don't even know where to start...” I covered my face with my hands and just laid my head on the table. JR patted my back gently, comforting me when I should be comforting him with answers.

 

Time passed by and we just sat there not saying anything to each other, and I figured that he was not going to leave without an answer from me.

 

“Those people are gang members... My brother was leading the team that is after them...” That was all I said and I was hoping that it would satisfy JR, but to my dismay it didn't, “... They're after me now...”

 

That was when JR stopped looking outside the window and to me with a shocked face. I bit my lip, “I'm sorry...”

 

“You can't go to the police about this?!” He raised his voice a bit and the shop employees looked over at us two.

 

“The police wouldn't be able to help, if my brother couldn't do it what makes you think that these other guys can?!”

 

“Okay, calm down I didn't mean to insult your brother like that... I was just trying to help.”

 

I took in a deep breath and rubbed my head, I was getting mad a people for no reason these days, “I'm sorry...” They don't know what it feels like... to go through all this.

 

“Where are you staying now? You weren't at home earlier...” JR brought up something that I was trying to avoid for a while. He wouldn't like the fact that I'm staying with two other guys.

 

“...I'm staying with a close friend...” I didn't lie about that, it's not like he has anything to worry about.

 

“Those guys from the other day..? Tell me it's not them...” JR gave me a look as if he knew the answer but didn't want to admit to it's truth.

 

“W-waeyo? It's my childhood friend's place, what's wrong with that?” JR stood up and left the store with me following behind him in a hurry, “What's your problem? It's not like-”

 

“You're seriously asking me what my problem is? Yah, Yoo Yoonmi don't play around recklessly like this. I'm your boyfriend, how do you think it makes me feel knowing that you are staying with that guy?!”

 

“But I'm telling you that there is nothing to worry about. Don't you trust me?” I tugged on his arm to make him stop. He did, but didn't look at me.

 

“I trust you as much as you do to with letting me know the whole story Yoonmi...” That comment had stabbed me in the heart and I didn't know what to say after that.

 

*Should I be angry at him for this...? No... It's only fair that he feels that way, but... To say this?*

 

“That's not fair Kim Jonghyun... And you know that...”

 

“Whatever, just do what you want. I don't care anymore.”

 

What was that suppose to mean?! JR pulled away from me and started walking off on his own. I crossed my arms and just scoffed. That jerk, what the heck he doesn't know half of what I am going through and it's not like I can just openly talk about everything. I sat on the curb of the sidewalk and hug my knees. Once again I felt all alone.

 

“Youngjae, I don't know what to do anymore... Everything is so complicated... I don't want to be here by myself.”

 

There were footsteps coming up from behind me, the light thud of shoes hitting the concrete gave me chills and I was afraid to turn around. The sound stopped and I felt that there was a presence right behind me. Before I knew it there was a plastic bag that was dropped right onto my lap and I yelped at the sudden action.

 

“It's really late you know. Yongguk hyung wouldn't like you out at this time.” The one of the guys from earlier sat down besides me on the curb. The one who wasn't as seriously hurt, “Name's Daehyun, nice to meet little Youngjae.”

 

“It's Yoonmi...” I said and picked up the bag that was in my lap, questioning it I look over to Daehyun, “What's this for?”

 

He smiled and took the plastic bag from my hands. Rustling through the plastic wrapped objects inside he pulls out two small circular snacks. Setting the bag in the middle of us two, he tossed me the package and kept the other for himself.

 

“Cheesecake, go crazy I bought other ones too.” Daehyun pointed to the bag as he was already working on his first bite of the snack.

 

I sat there looking at the unopened snack in my hand while the person next to me was already on his fifth snack. How can someone eat so much..? I looked over to him then to the empty plastic wrappers on the floor. He better pick those up after he's done...

 

“Pali, eat something before it's all gone.”

 

“No thanks... I'm too stressed to eat...” Daehyun stopped chewing for a moment to look at me then he just shrugged.

 

“Yanno what? Stressed spelled backwards is desserts... The perfect time to eat is when you're stressed.” He took the snack out of my hands and opened it, then returned it to my lap. I let out a sigh and gave up on everything. I leaned over and rested my arms on my knees, taking nibbles out of the food. Daehyun gave an approving smile as he finished off his food. What caught me off guard was that he started to pat my head in a comforting way. I gave him a look as if he was some kind of ert.

 

“Don't worry about him, jerks are a waste of time.”

 

“Coming from a person who sounds just as greasy as a jerk.” I joked and we both started to laugh.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello my subbies!!! How are you all? Is school treating you well? ahaha Well I still hope that this story is giving you energy to go about your day with a smile on your face^^ 

 

Okay OMG like seriously my B.A.P feels have been haywire for two weeks now and I have not been able to have a stable bias!!! IT WAS SO HORRIBLE and I was just falling in love with everyone and their dorky dorkness. I mean come on... they all are so perf! But alas your author-nim has finally figured out her bias. (and he will remain my bias!)

 

HOW CAN ONE GUY BE SO PERFECT?! DAE LET ME LOVE YOU~~~

Anywhoo see you all in the next chapter~ ^^