Interview With the Police

Take Care of My Little Sister

 

The morning routine was the same, get up from bed, get dressed for school, and attend school just to go back to the garage again. A repetitive schedule was was easier to manage because I already knew what to expect most days, but a series of days with no particular events taking place was wearing me down. In the past two days, beginning my third, I've been growing more and more tired.

 

First there was the crap I had to put up with at school, then at “home” I had to deal with all these guys. The two from before, Himchan and Jongup, have been recovering at a fast rate so that was a good sign. Or so I thought. Jongup is actually a really nice person and I was able to get a chance to talk to him when I didn't understand something from my computer class. Himchan was another story, that guy just loved to get on my very last nerve...

 

When Zelo and I arrived at the house hand in hand everyone looked at us with a questioned face, as if the two of us actually had a thing. That was the only reason I ignored the stares, Yongguk thankfully didn't see anything wrong with the hand holding. Zelo is a dongsaeng after all, nothing more.

 

Noona and I had a pretty rough day.”Zelo released my hand and walked over to Yongguk oppa who was busily looking at a broken motorcycle.

 

...Hello...” I waved at the two that were on the sofa.

 

I never got to say thanks for this. I'm Jongup by the way.” Jongup pointed to his bandaged torso that was covered by his black muscle shirt. Nodding in reply I looked over to the other guy who looked rather annoyed.

 

What are you looking at?” He said to me and I furrowed my brows, my bad mood was returning.

 

Did I do something wrong? I don't know what your deal is but I didn't do anything to you.” It was after I said that that he actually stood up and walked over to me.

 

If we didn't have to go to your ing house this wouldn't have happened to us!” He raised his voice making me flinch and back away from him. Yongguk dropped everything that he was doing and rushed over towards us.

 

Yah! Kim Himchan, she didn't do anything!” He scolded and Jongup took Himchan by the unwounded shoulder.

 

Hyung... Clam down.”

 

Aish! Don't tell me what to do! It's already enough that we can't go after Block B in this state. I don't know why we have to babysit this little kid.” Himchan glared at me and stormed out of the garage.

 

When that happened it was the last time I set foot near the guy. If I could I would have just gone home that very day he lashed out like that. The nerve of that guy seriously, just the thought of him makes me angry.

 

“Noona are you ready?”

 

“Oh... Zelo-ah. Yeah I'm ready, lets go” As the two of us were heading down the stairs I saw Yongguk looking at something on his laptop in the center of the room. He looked disturbed and didn't even know that Zelo and I were there, “Oppa!”

 

As soon as I walked towards him he shut the device and pulled out what looked like a flash drive from the side, “Leaving already?”

 

“Yeah, today though I might be late I have a project to work on.”

 

“....” Yongguk hissed as he suddenly remembered something, “The guys and I wont be here later... .”

 

“Yah! Your language.” I pretended to scold him and he just looked at Zelo and then me.

 

“We're gonna need Zelo too.” It took a while for Yongguk to come to a final decision, “Will you be alright here alone?”

 

“Of course! I'm old enough to handle being alone for a night. Geez oppa we're not kids anymore.” I felt slightly offended by his words, but I knew that he was only trying to look out for me.

 

On the way to school Zelo didn't take his skateboard and was walking along with me. Telling me different stories about his years living with Yongguk. It was actually really cute that oppa was taking care of him like this and I would have never imagined that he would turn out to be a really cool oppa. I mean other than the part of being in a gang, he could have done really great things with his life and still could.

 

“You know Yongguk hyung would mention you a lot now that I look at it.”

 

“Chincha?” I felt curious now and Zelo chuckled with embarrassment.

 

“He would say things like 'I miss my childhood, taking care of Yoonmi and her brother really completed me' and 'I wonder if she grew up well' things like that.” Zelo's expression changed slightly, showing that he was trying to figure something out, “He really loves you and Youngjae.”

 

I had to admit that I missed the good days. Just thinking about it made me realize how messed up things are now, “My brother... How come he never thought of bringing me to visit oppa..? All this time I thought we lost contact.”

 

“Youngjae hyung wanted to, but Yongguk hyung told him that he didn't want to complicate your life and that it was better to not meet up with him again.”

 

Those words stuck to me the most 'Didn't want to complicate my life.' How ironic was that. He always did things like that to me even as a kid. He doesn't always have to look after me the way he does, it makes me feel bad.

 

“What are you guys all doing tonight anyway?” I tried to hide my developing depression.

 

“We're meeting up with other guys and make a few trades.”

 

I only nodded after he answered the question, what else was I suppose to do? Looking down the street towards my school I noticed a few police officers standing at the front gate with the dean and principle. This couldn't be good. I looked over to Zelo and it looked like he was thinking the same thing.

 

“I'll see you later then.”

 

“Bye noona! Have a good day!” Zelo gave me a quick hug, which surprised me, then turned around to leave. He was looking back and there was a pink tint to his face.

 

“B-Bye...” I waved with a smile.

 

Approaching the school there were a few students who eyed me and started to whisper to their friends and at the same time they were looking at the officers. I had no doubts that I was going to be asked a few questions today.

 

“Yoonmi-ssi, there she is.” The principle called me over and I let out a sigh as I walked towards them. On the way I opened my bag and started to fiddle around with the contents in my pockets. Once I found my small audio recorder I placed it in my blazer and pressed the record button. The things I got as birthday presents...

 

“Yes? Do you need something from me?” Looking at the officers I recognized their faces, they knew my brother, two of the very few people at the task force who were jealous of Youngjae's position. Great... 

 

“Let's go to my office and talk there, we don't want to talk with your fellow peers here.”

 

In my head I was already thinking that it wouldn't really make a difference because people talk no matter what. I followed the three men down the school hall and on the way there were repetitive 'ooos' and snickers from the students. I saw my friends and they looked embarrassed to even see me, they turned the other way and headed into the classroom.

 

“Tch... Some friends I have...”

 

As we passed through a large set of wooden doors that lead to the principle's office I was asked to sit down in one of the chairs that was in front of the desk.

 

“As you already know, we are here to ask you some questions about the men who trespassed the other day.” One officer by the name of Lee Hyeonsoo spoke first, “These men are part of a dangerous gang, if you fail to answer any of our questions you will be taken under our custody for further questioning.”

 

“Are you suspecting me of being a part of them?!” I rose my voice not even the slightest bit scared of their authority. I had my brother as a teacher when it came to these things, officers just like to appear powerful when in actuality they are just like every other person out there.

 

“Do not raise your voice to an officer, and as a matter of fact yes. This little act your trying to pull isn't helping your situation Yoonmi.” He used my name as a mistake and that was out of line for an officer. I had something against him. Thank you brother.

 

“Just cooperate with us so we can get this over with.” The other officer elbowed Hyunsoo and made a face, “Alright, so on March 19-”

 

I rose a hand already annoyed with these lowly policemen.

 

“What is it now?” Hyunsoo rolled his eyes and the principle looked like he wanted to die of embarrassment.

 

“Since I am apparently a suspect and could possibly be detained aren't my Miranda rights suppose to be read to me?” I said in a matter of fact tone making the officers scoff and roll their eyes, "and also, I'm not going to talk unless I have my lawyer present."

 

“You think that just because your brother WAS an officer that you have the power to start ordering us around and tell us what to do?! You seem to know how the law works already, no need to go through that trouble.”

 

“Well yes I may know the law, but even so, no matter if people are very aware of their rights officers are obligated to inform them of their rights. Am I wrong? If you fail to read me my rights I can just walk away right now and possibly take you to court if I wanted to and win the case. You choose.”

 

The other officer shook his head and pinched the bridge of his nose, "We are not calling your lawyer, now stop wasting time."

 

"Ah, there it is again, violating the law for the second time so far officer." The room grew quiet and I crossed one leg over the other sitting like I was the head officer being irritated by the idiots of the company. That much I knew, once you point out a mistake to guys like this they get flustered. 

 

They were just digging their grave and I was loving it. I didn't have to do anything but sit here and watch the show before my eyes. The principle was growing irritated with my attitude as well.

 

“Yoonmi-ssi! Just cooperate!” His face was red as a ripe tomato.

 

I didn't have time for this, I had a project to work on. Rising in my seat I bowed to the three men, “I'm sorry, but I'm a really busy STUDENT and I want to get to class. My rights weren't read to me, I was addressed in an inappropriate way, AND they have lied to me so how can I trust these two to interrogate me?”

 

I walked towards the door and smiled while pulling out the recorder from my pocket. The two officers' face paled.

 

“Have a good day, and I'll be looking forward to seeing you in court.” Leaving the room I started laughing. I think I just pulled a serious act of fraud. Only if they decided to continue this debate on whether or not to question me then yes I would file a court case. Messing with them like that was really amusing though.

 

“Seriously Youngjae, thank you for teaching me to be such a smart .”

 

~~~~~~~~~~

Okay I seriously love you guys to update when I am fricking tired as hell lol xD Seriously this is me right now uuhhgg TT.TT

How was this chapter?? I just find it so funny how I made yoonmi a smart at the end BWAHAHAHAHA I love her personality honestly xD I never thought of asking, but what do you all think of the characters?? I'm curious lol

Well imma see if I can get some more sleep before I go on a killing spree... BAI BAI!!