I Remember [Part 1]

Take Care of My Little Sister

I had no clue how it happened or when it even took place, but as my eyes fluttered open my vision still buffering, adjusting to the sunlight that was filling the room. The familiar aroma of coffee mixed with a hint of strawberries filled the room. Giving up on my vision for now, I closed my eyes and relaxed on the bed that was beneath my body. The sheets soft and warm and as I pulled the comforter closer to my face I recognized the scent. I was back at home, I was sure of it. Opening my eyes again, rubbing my tired hues and ridding them of the eye boogers that were collecting in their place in the corners I sat up.

 

Wincing in the process of attempting to sit up a pair of feet could be heard running up the stairs. Looking outside of my door the staircase was quite visible and as soon as I saw the face belonging to the feet that were making a ruckus as they marched up the stairs I frowned and furrowed my brows.

 

“Of all people to see in the morning... It had to be you?”

 

“Well good morning to you too... Brat.” Himchan took a seat on my bed and made me lay back down, “Don't go around hurting yourself even more than what you are... Idiot.”

 

Raising a lip at him I crossed my arms and faced the other way, not looking at him, “For someone who's always an to me I don't understand why you're here...” I know I should be thankful that he was here taking care of me, but this didn't mean it was going to make up for the countless times he was an .

 

“Well there's food downstairs... If Daehyun didn't already eat it all...” He was about to get up and leave when I tugged the hem of his shirt. Even if I didn't want to admit to it, I had to...

 

“Thanks... Really... I don't really want to admit it but there...” Not looking at him I tried to give my most sincere thanks, who knows what could have happened if I was left out on that beach alone for the night. That and I just wanted to end all the hostility, for once I just wanted to be civil with this idiot.

 

He scoffed and my eyes shot a glare in his direction, “Well if you just stayed out of the way then you wouldn't have caused so much trouble. So annoying, but I suppose I can accept your thanks.” He looked at his nails as if he were some classy – snooty was more like it- girl.

 

“Excuse me?! Here I am trying to be civil and here you are being a jackass!!! Sheesh! Never mind then!” Not wanting to risk hurting myself I kicked Himchan's shoulder where he was hurt some time ago. His jaw dropped as he grabbed his shoulder.

 

Seeing him react that way kinda made me feel bad, he was still recovering wasn't he...? But he deserved it... Then again... My mind was so jumbled at the moment and I didn't know whether or not to apologize. Himchan shook his head and even chuckled, both which confused me. I rose a brow at the black haired male as he patted my head.

 

“I'll have Daehyun bring you food, wait a few minutes okay?”

 

“Okay?” I say a bit unsure as he left the room. I really couldn't tell if he was finally willing to put all that nonsense behind us, or if he was just messing with my head. Either way I suppose I'll just have to see, and that would mean the both of us need to make an attempt at getting along. Laying there I look off to the side and see the bag from last night sitting on my desk chair. Come to think of it... I was in a new set of clothes.... Oh hell no....

 

“KIM HIMCHAN!!!”

 

From downstairs I could hear a series of laughter coming from Daehyun, the only reason I suspected that it was him was because shortly afterwords there was a series of chokes and coughs. That idiot deserves to choke on his food right now. Speaking of which that punk was walking up the stairs with a tray of food, and was still laughing.

 

“Do you want me to kill you too?! Just wait till these bandages are off!” I threatened as he got closer and sat the tray of food down on my night stand.

 

“Calm down feisty pants, you'll hurt yourself. Now eat.” He held out a spoon full of eggs

 

“I'm not eating! I have been violated by that ert!!”

 

He sat down the spoon of food on the plate with a chuckle, “Babe calm down, he wasn't the one who undressed you.”

 

Staring at him in disbelief I didn't even know how to react. He broke into a series of more laughter and that irritated me. Grabbing a pillow in my hand and holding it above my head I got ready to hit him. Even before I did so he grabbed my hand that was holding the pillow and pinned it to the head board.

 

“Come on relax, I made sure to leave all the essentials on. But I did like what I sa-” Just then Daehyun was smacked on the back of his head with a rolled up newspaper by Himchan.

 

“You ert, get out of here.” Himchan kicked him away and sat a glass of water down next to my food along with some medicine, “We had a female friend come over and change you, don't worry.”

 

“Well that's a relief...”

 

“You know you like me! Just admit it!” Daehyun sat at the edge of the bed and smiled that cheeky smile of his.

 

Already frustrated to the max with these people I faced the clock, wondering about the time and why in the world Yongguk wasn't here. Of all people in the world, these two were the ones I was stuck with, not even Zelo was here. All of the building curiosity was stopping my body from caring about everything else, my mind was clouded with the happenings of last night. Being thrown around and tied up, gagged even. To think that my brother had gone through a similar series of events had my stomach making all sorts of twists and turns. Or maybe I really did need the food sitting on that night stand.

 

The other two must have processed the silence that had apparently blanketed the room and had tried to break the ice with an awkward cough. There was still no reaction from my end, I wanted answers, but that was really difficult to obtain if I couldn't form the right questions to begin with. My train of thought – more like roller coaster – was interrupted when Himchan had got up and straightened his shirt,

 

“ He's back at the garage...” There was a pause in his words and frankly that was what worried me. He seemed to drag the pause on longer than it probably should have been, “He was shot last night.”

 

It was probably for my own sake that he hesitated, but no matter the way the news was shared to my end, in the end the same gut-retching feeling formed inside me. The lump in my throat was barely scraping the ice when it came to describing how I felt. For a moment my body didn't know how to process breathing correctly, the nerves in my body were dead – I couldn't feel a thing.

 

“He's fine, but still trying to recover.”

 

“Yah! You almost gave me a heart attack!”

 

Delivering a punch to Himchan's shoulder a certain relief washed over me and my body was released of it's tension, somewhat at least. That idiot, what was he doing in order to get himself shot?! Does he not know there are people that need him?! Mentally cursing myself for being so useless I tried to stand up, but was forced otherwise right away.

 

“You'll only hurt yourself even more Yoonmi!” Himchan had pushed me back onto the mountain of pillows I was previously on.

 

“I'm perfectly fine, just a couple scrapes and bruises! Take me t-”

 

“Do you think that he would want you out and about with those wounds?! They're deeper than you think...” What was unexpected about these two was fact that they were being like this towards me, it would have been a lot more understandable if the concern was coming from Yongguk, but it wasn't. The feeling was foreign at the moment.

 

“... Why would you two care in the first place? I'm not trying to be rude or anything... it's just weird...” It had seemed like they too had also wondered the same thing. Exchanging glances with one another a shrug was all they could come up with.

 

“Well, we're a family now, we protect our family.” Daehyun stole a strawberry that was on my plate of food and popped it into his mouth. I didn't even bother with him, that food stealer, “Even Herchan over here has finally warmed up to you kekeke.”

 

“Oh shut up fat nose.” Himchan, with a raised lip, smacked his friend with the same rolled up newspaper.

 

These two are ridiculous... In the hilarious family type of way. The comfort was actually nice even if it was kinda weird for the both of them to be like this. Daehyun's cell was ringing and he got up and left the room to take the call. Himchan made sure I was comfortable again and told me he that if I didn't eat he was going to scold me later, then he left to join the other.

 

Not minding them as they left I started eating what was on the tray, which wasn't much in the first place. I knew who to blame. There was a thud that came from the other side of the room where the window was at that made me jump.

 

“Zelo w- what happened to you?!” my eyes widened at the sight of his appearance, prominent scratches here and there, blood running from his busted lip, and disheveled clothes. He was even out of breath.

 

“N- No time for that...” He rushed to me and helped me onto his back. I had to admit Himchan and Daehyun were right, the wounds on my side were really painful the more I moved. Wincing as Zelo securely put me on his back I held on tight.

 

“What in the world is going o-” The sounds of guns firing filled the air and almost immediately afterwords Zelo started climbing out the window. Daehyun was the first one to run back into the room, but saw that Zelo had already got here. The younger boy nodded in his direction and then climbed out the window, safely landing on the ground.

 

“Is it Block B?!” gripping my arms tighter around him trying to not let my fear show.

 

“They came to the garage first, when they saw you weren't there they left. Hyung Is safe don't worry too much.” He was making sure to duck and hide as we made our way through the backyard. I kicked and thrashed around as a pair of arms wrapped around me and picked me up off of Zelo's shoulders.

 

“Well well well, what do we have here~?”

 

Zelo's POV

 

I had to admit as soon as I saw that familiar, excessively furry, jacket with no shirt underneath, I was terrified. Both for Yoonmi and myself. She was thrashing around and screaming, only then did my body decide that I needed to do something. I've never felt fear like this before... At least in a long time. She elbowed him in the face and that seemed to have broken his hold on her. Grabbing her hand I stood in front of her and rose my gun at the guy.

 

“ You harm her and I'll blast your brains out!”

 

“Zelo!” she was looking at me as if she couldn't believe what I was doing. First time I suppose I was acting like this towards someone right in front of her.

 

“You let her go Jaehy-” My body froze up at the very sound of his name leaving my mouth. It's been so long...

 

He seemed confused just as I was, narrowing his eyes as he tried to register my face. Strange thing it is, the victims' remember their abuser a lot better than the latter remembering the people they've terrorized. After a moment it seemed to click in his mind and he released his hold on Yoonmi. Once she was at my side a his lips formed into a crooked smile.

 

“Well then, here's a face I haven't seen in a while...” Jaehyo opened his his arms in a way that was clearly mocking me, “You know you're suppose to respect your hyungs, where's the love little bro?”

 

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                    

Hello Hello everyone!!! yes, I am able to update more "frequently" ahaha and I'm happy because I love this fanfic so much!!! And It's getting really exciting! 

For those that do not recall, In past chapters I kept mentioning things about Zelo remembering his past, or others asking what his background story was. Well~~ I guess it's all going to make sense in the next chappie!!!