Met Your Match

Take Care of My Little Sister

The piercing sound of firearms being shot was ringing throughout the building, the place itself smelled of rubber and things of the like. Dominated by men, mostly officers, there was only a handful of women that were standing alongside the men shooting. Frankly I found it somewhat discouraging, it's the 21st century and men are still expected to be the stronger ones. Thank god for the women that are here proving gender stereotypes wrong.

 

While I was looking around at the equipment, trying to get a feel of how I should go about kicking Himchan's , Yongguk had apparently reserved a room just for the six of us. Must be nice having all these connections, makes everything a lot more easier. The guys had their own personal equipment here, their miniature duffel bags had their initials and color. Yongguk took the liberty of renting out a bag for me. It really was too bad I couldn't have a bag of my own at the moment, that was one thing I was jealous of.

 

“This will do right? I know your brother must have spoiled you.” Yongguk handed the bag to me and I simply shrugged.

 

“I really wish I had some of my brother's stuff, but oh well, doesn't change the fact that I can still beat pansy boy over there.”

 

Yongguk laughed at my comment and patted my head lightly, “He's in for a surprise, don't hurt his pride too much.”

 

“No promises there buddy.” Lightly Nudging Yongguk's side I walked into the room that was rented out, just for us, for the afternoon. There were six individual booths all separated by a divider, each having a counter to set our equipment out on. Everyone claimed a spot of their own and it was no coincidence that Himchan and I were put right by each other. The glares we shared were as cold as ever, so cold Hell would probably freeze over. Daehyun made some witty remark while looking at me and Jongup seemed to find it funny. Thankfully Yongguk was on my other side or else I would have shown Daehyun a thing or two about respect.

 

Everyone was unloading their firearms, actually following the rules and making sure to unload their guns and checking everything before getting down to business. Looking through my bag and looking at the various guns that were in there I had spend a good three minutes trying to figure out which one to use. From the corner of my eye I saw Himchan look over and scoff as he put on his safety glasses. Looking at the guys who had already set up their targets and were now loading their guns I went with the firearm that they weren't using, never liked going along with the crowd, I do what I want. Everyone was using a semi-automatic, your typical firearm. I went with the revolver, something a little more classy of course.

 

“You're just wasting your time here little girl, go back home and play 'tea party' with your dolls.” Himchan commented as he aimed at his target across the room. It was a good shot he hit just a few inches away from the center.

 

“Himchan, the show-off as always.” Daehyun chuckled

 

Without notice I faced my target and raised the gun taking aim. Naturally you're not suppose to stand there and hesitate with a shot if this was a real life situation. Putting this recreational activity to a real life situation I shot within a few seconds of taking aim; hitting the target dead on. The room grew quiet and the guys removed their safety glasses looking between me and then my target. Himchan seemed to be surprised, but knowing him and his prideful self he wasn't going to back down.

 

“Daeeeeeeyum...” Daehyun nodded approvingly.

 

“Wow~ Noona is the best!” Zelo had decided to be my own personal cheerleader apparently, not that I didn't mind, it was cute.

 

“You left Himchan hyung speechless.” Jongup joked and received a punch in the arm by the subject of his joke.

 

Smirking at the guy in question I turned back to my target and continued to fire. Himchan followed soon after and started firing at his own target. It was like that for a while, the two of us shooting and shooting until we ran out of bullets for the first round. As our targets were moving towards us so we could change to fresh boards everyone crowded around just to see who had made the better shots. Both our target boards had good shots, but mine were far more closer to the center of the board.

 

“And what were you saying earlier? Something about a tea party?” Putting a finger to my ear in a gesture meant to show I couldn't hear, “You don't know me so don't go around thinking I'm just some little girl when I can clearly beat your .”

 

“You just got lucky! I'm only warming up you kid! Don't you know anything?!” Clearly he was flustered and it was hilarious the way he was trying to make an excuse.

 

While the guys were just getting some practice time in Himchan and I were still going at it in our own mini competition, it was going to take a while to make him admit that he was indeed wrong about his views towards me. I didn't care if I was hurting his manly pride, no one messes with me and gets away with it. The more time we spent there at the range the more I could see that I was getting under this guy's skin. Himchan would throw mini tempter tantrums and was even convinced at one point that I was cheating.

 

“Are you not listening to yourself? You sound like a spoiled princess.” The more irritated he was the more I felt satisfied. A smile tugged at the corner of Yongguk's lips as he glanced over from time to time.

 

The afternoon spent at the shooting range was actually really fun and I was able to relieve a lot of stress that was inside. It was refreshing to step out of the strangely scented building, and all the more refreshing to feel the cool evening breeze as the sun was slowly making its way down into the sky. Stretching my arms I peered over at Himchan. His arms crossed and tucked close to his chest like a stubborn child.

 

“Man Himchan you got your kicked back there! What happened to you?!” Daehyun slung an arm around the said guy's shoulder. All he got as a response was a push.

 

“Calm down sheesh man...” Daehyun raised a lip and fixed himself, “So Yongguk what are we doing now? Gonna head back h-”

 

Before Daehyun could even finish his sentence Himchan pointed a finger at me, “This is not over you kid!”

 

There wasn't much of a response from me, I shrugged it off and put his hand down, “Calm down Herchan, don't you know that it's impolite to point?”

 

Zelo broke down laughing at what I said, and so did everyone else. I honestly wasn't trying to be that funny, but I guess it came off that way. Either way it was amusing to see this guy who was doing what he could just to restore his lost pride. The guys were trying to calm down the diva of the five of them, but he was persistent.

 

“Hey hey hey~ Relax” Daehyun put a hand on Himchan's shoulder, “You wanna know who's the most superior out of you two? Follow me, I know how to settle this.”

 

Daehyun motioned for us to follow him and even Yongguk was looking at him weirdly, but followed anyway. Zelo followed Yongguk like a puppy and Jongup playfully pushed Himchan along .In other words I had no other choice but to follow.

 

.

.

.

.

 

“How did I see this coming...?”

 

“Really...?

 

“JUNG DAEHYUN! DO I LOOK LIKE I WANT FOOD RIGHT NOW?!”`

 

No one was surprised that the brunette haired boy brought us to a place to eat, it was like him anyway... That cheesecake brain. All he thinks about is food 24/7.

 

“What?! I'm telling you they serve the most spiciest ramen here not just anyone can handle it! You need strength to even take a bite.” Daehyun attempted to defend himself as everyone looked at him with an annoyed look. Yongguk looked slightly embarrassed with his friend,

 

“We're already here... Might as well eat something.”

 

“Woo~ Food!” Jongup chirped and sat down waiting for someone to come take our orders. There was no helping it, because of Daehyun I was now sitting across from Himchan waiting for our order of ramen to arrive.

 

“I swear Daehyun... If you poison me and I die I'm going to haunt you.” I hissed at the guy but only received a smile in return.

 

“SO... that means we can be together forever~”

 

“EW NO!! Get out of here you sleaze ball!”

 

Thankfully I wasn't the one who had to hit the guy, Zelo did that for me. With an irritated sigh I plopped my head down on the tabletop. I didn't have much time to ease my mind because the food was brought to our table. My eyes must have grew double of what they originally were because the two bowls of ramen that were sat in front of Himchan and I were huge. Not only that, but they were still bubbling from the hot plates that they were on. Looking back and forth between Daehyun and the bowl of food I wanted to kill him then and there. Across from me, Himchan had the same expression plastered upon his face.

 

Both of us just stared at the bowls of red soup in front of us, not even attempting to try it, “You first.” I looked up at Himchan who shook his head no as well.

 

“No you try it...”

 

Bickering on and on for five minutes it turned out we both took a bite at the same time. At first the noodles were fine and actually tasted good, but after a few more seconds of letting it sit in my mouth, that's when everything went downhill. Both of us sat there, not saying a word. My mouth was too numb to even speak.

 

“Is it not spicy?” Yongguk looked at the two of us and doubted the bowl of bright red food in front of us.

 

Zelo took his chopsticks and grabbed some of the noodles from my bowl, soon after he spat it out into a napkin, “MY MOUTH IS ON FIRE!”

 

“I told you guys~” Daehyun snickered as he enjoyed his plate of food.

 

“Can I try?” Yongguk leaned close to me and took a bite from my bowl, “It's not that ba-.....”

 

Himchan and I had by now swallowed our noodles and were now downing our drinks as we watched Yongguk who looked like he wanted to die.

 

“So how is it?” Himchan choked out. Yongguk was slowly chewing the noodles and looking at us in pain,

 

“It feels like a nuclear bomb went off in my mouth...” Himchan and I were dying from both laughter and the heat of the food. Poor Zelo was scarfing down some ice cream he bought from across the street.

 

.

.

.

 

The six of us left the place laughing at Yongguk and Jongup was even reenacting the whole thing. Daehyun got a couple of punches from Himchan and Yongguk.

 

“So did my treatment help you two at all?” Daehyun chuckled knowing very well he helped in no way.

 

“Do you wanna die?!” Himchan marched right up to Daehyun and pretended to strangle him, making us all laugh again.

 

Walking backwards on the side walk, I wasn't able to see what was behind me and evidently I lost my footing from a raised crack in the sidewalk.

 

“Hey now be careful walking out at night...” A pair of arms had saved me from the fall but there was something about that voice that I didn't like, “Never know what kind of people are out here...”

 

A chill ran down my spine and my mouth went dry as I turned around to get a look at the face of the guy who was behind me.  

 

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

OMO~ I haven't updated in AGES!!! I feel really bad for leaving all you hangin for some months now! Well school is my excuse ahahaha just got through my first semester of college whoopie~~ Since it is winter vacation I plan to update lots!! So please keep in checking on this story! Don't leave mehhhh ahahah //virtually hugs you all//