Reminiscing

Take Care of My Little Sister

A chill ran down my spine and my mouth went dry as I turned around to get a look at the face of the guy who was behind me.

 

~

 

“Well Well Well, what a nice surprise~” A hand clamped around my upper arm and pulled me back towards the other people that started to appear. Yongguk gritted his teeth as he and the others were being held back by men in all black.

 

“So this is that sad excuse of a cop's younger sister... They look nothing alike, She's much prettier in pers-” before the guy could finish his sentence Zelo lunged at the group holding me back, but unfortunately there were more of them than the six guys that were supposedly looking after me. Zelo was punched right across his face, falling backwards on the pavement.

 

“Zelo! Yah!! You guys let me go!” Thrashing myself around in hopes of being released a blindfold was placed around my eyes and I was gagged. My screams were muffled as I was picked up and carried off.

 

 

Yongguk's POV

 

Fighting my way through the guys that were trying to hold me off, I kept my eyes on the two bastards that were making off with Yoonmi.

 

“You hurt a single hair on her ing head and I swear to god I'll kill you!!!” I didn't care who was in my way, I'm not letting them get away with this, dead or alive. The street was alive and in a frenzy as everyone was punching and beating the general crap out of each other, glass bottles breaking, groans of pain, and the definite smells of coppery blood filled the air as more and more people were trying to kill each other.

 

“Hyung! The car!!” Zelo pointed to a white car that was speeding off. I looked in time to see Yoonmi with tears streaming down her face as she tried to break free, only to have her roughly pulled away. Gritting my teeth in absolute rage I pointed to the car, tears threatened to spill as rage blinded me.

 

“Himchan!” He was was ahead of me as he hopped into our parked car, pressing the gas peddle as hard as he could and began following the others. A couple of guys lunged towards me in my distraction as I managed to react in time somehow. A few hard knuckled punches landed and drew a bit of blood, a couple of stomach lurching kicks to the gut flew my way too, nothing that wasn't out of my range of getting the crap kicked outta me as I fought them off. It was only the henchmen of those s now, where they went beats me. The main thing on my mind was Himchan speeding after Yoonmi and hopefully managing to catch up...

 

“Yah! Jung Daehyun!” Daehyun was caught off guard as he was less than a second away from being stabbed with a large, bloody switch-blade. Grabbing the guy by his collar, I yanked him away and drew my fist back. Using all the anger and hatred I felt in that moment, all the shock and adrenaline rushing through my veins, I punched this guy so hard that I felt his nose break inwards as blood covered my hand completely.

 

Everyone else began or had already retreated...it's all too suspicious. Putting that aside I turned to Daehyun with a look of irritation and desperation, “You need to watch it... I ain't saving your next time.”

 

He chuckled as he caught his breath, “You act all tough but you know you'll never leave us.”

 

“That's it, this guy isn't allowed in our fridge.”

 

“What?! NO!! I'm sorry!”

 

Jongup ran up to me out of breath, “Himchan-!”

 

Before Jongup could finish his sentence there was a glimmer of light that came from the inside of a car coming our way. It was too fast for even the others to register what was going on, pushing the others to the ground behind a parked car I pulled out my gun and aimed it at the car that was now shooting as it was speeding by. Once it registered in my head that at least one of those men got hit, and they were out of range, I lowered my weapon.

 

“Hyung!” Zelo was the first person I saw coming towards me before I out.

 

Yoonmi's POV

 

Kicking and screaming did not help the least bit, eventually I was thrown into the trunk of a car like some insignificant piece of trash. Tied, blindfolded, and gagged. Hyperventilating from the shock, tears were spilling out of my eyes and eventually soaked up by the cloth that was covering them. Taking a moment to actually assess the situation a memory came back to me. Youngjae and I...

 

Wiggling my arms will all the strength I could the restraints were loosened up just slightly, slipping my tied arms around the back of my legs I thanked those cheer leading tryouts I've attended in the past. Never would I have thought that being flexible would save my life. Having my hands, even though still tied, in the front of me was a lot easier to maneuver around. Removing the gag from myself I attempted to untie my hands with my teeth. Boy were these guys in for it.

 

Remaining calm I wiped the streaks of tears that were now drying on my face. Looking around in the small area I came a cross the taillights, then it hit me. Backing up as much as the space had allowed me to do so, with all my strength, I kicked out one of the lights. First peering out through the hole I see Himchan just right behind us. Within a split second after I backed away from the opening a strong jolt sent me rolling, and eventually crashing, against the side of the trunk.

 

“Fricking Himchan!!! Don't hit us!!!” As if he was able to hear my yells.

 

Turning to the wall of the trunk I noticed something very familiar, this car was the type that had a removable barrier. Making a perfect crawl space to the front of the car from the trunk. If I remembered correctly there were about.. Two men in the car? Around that number at least. Developing my plan of escape I scanned the area around me using the little light available to me. While doing so the car kept swerving, making my job a lot more of a pain in the .

 

It hadn't occurred to me what I was going to do once I got to the front, but lucky me a bag filled with various weapons were right in the trunk with me. It had me thinking, why would they keep this bag here knowing I was in the trunk? These guys were just plain stupid, but besides that there was something very familiar with the bag itself. Putting that thought aside I grabbed a taser and letting out a couple of breaths I nodded to myself, reassuring that I was not going down with out a fight. On the count of three I kicked the wall down and rolled into the back seat.

 

Evidently the two of them looked back at me and didn't know what to think. The one in the back lunged towards me, but before he could even do anything I aimed the taser at his neck and held it there. His body shook violently as the volts of electricity spread throughout his body before falling to the floor of the car. The man in the front kept one hand on the steering wheel and the other was attempting to fight me off in the back seat. He knocked the taser right out of my hand and as a result I reached over behind his seat and started to choke him. The car was swerving and a couple of magazine stands outside were hit. Something that caught my attention was a necklace that was hanging on the rear-view mirror. It distracted me long enough for the man to have gained the opportunity elbow me in the face and send me stumbling backwards into the back seat.

 

Nose bleeding, obviously, my eyes watered up from the nerves that were just hit. That necklace hanging there, moving around as the car made quick turns, was reflecting the light as we were speeding away. A silvery chrome colored crown, my eyes must have grew double in size as I saw the initials 'YJ' on the back. Forgetting everything else I hopped into the front and proceeded to punch that man's face in. There was an obvious difference in strengths, but in my moment of rage all I could think about was wanting to kill this person.

 

“You're brother was just as weak!” He shouted while balancing out trying to fight back and drive.

 

“Don't you dare say that about him!” Tears were rolling down my face, I just thought it would have been on different terms the day I would meet with one of the people who specifically helped with the killing my brother.

 

“You'll end up just like him, why bother fighting?!” He knocked me into the passengers seat, which was covered in shards of glass. Not even minding the shards of glass I grabbed the taser that was on the floor right next to me and jumped at the guy. After he was out cold his body fell forwards on the steering wheel. His body was too bulky to have moved out of the seat, that and I didn't even know how to drive yet, so I was at a loss on what to do. Turning to grab the necklace off the mirror I didn't even get the chance to brace myself as I was pulled back and a knife was at my neck.

 

“Any last words before I send you off to see your bro-”

 

Before he even got the chance to do anything the car was rammed into from the back and the knife fell from his hand. I elbowed him in the face and he knocked out once again, but unfortunately something was pressing too hard on the gas. Only being able to grab the necklace just in time, the car flew off into the water.

 

In a panic I kept the necklace close to me, and as the car was totally emerged into the water I swam back to the trunk, a bad idea but there was something I wanted to confirm before I lost the opportunity. Despite the murky water blocking most of my vision I was able to grab the bag. Water was still rushing into the car, making it extremely difficult to move at the speed I wanted to. Lungs already burning inside, ready to burst at any given moment I found the strength to pull through.

 

The doors were already sealed shut and wouldn't budge as I tried to push them open, the pressure from being under water was too much. The only other thing I could think of was that broken window in the front. There were still edges of glass sticking out from the frame, but I had no other choice, it was either drowning down here or getting a couple of cuts escaping. The latter seemed a lot more inviting than the other.

 

Pushing the bag first out of the window I attempted to break some of the glass off before going through it didn't make much of a difference because either way as I swam out the sharp edges still scratched my sides, and to make it even worse my clothes got caught. Already nearing the time I was able to keep my breath held I tugged at my shirt as hard as I could. Already becoming light headed I gazed at the bag that was laying there. Soon enough my shirt was released and letting out my last breath of air my eyes closed and I felt my body float down onto the sand next to the bag.

 

Of course... It was his, with out a doubt these people were the same ones who must have contributed to kidnapping Youngjae, and eventually... If I weren't under water at the moment I would be crying my eyes out. It never crossed my mind that I would willingly let myself go like this... I mean at least I would be with my brother again...

 

No, It shouldn't be like this...

 

*You're not weak Yoonmi, you're my sister... I know you. *

 

Sounds like something he would say...

 

*You're not someone who would waste your life like this... *

 

Thinking about it, he would always tell me things like that whenever I was down. He believed in me more than anyone else. What would that make me if I didn't live up to those expectations. What kind of sister would that make me? Holding the bag close to me I gathered whatever strength I could and endured the swim up to the surface for air.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

Everything seemed like forever. Youngjae's death seemed years ago. Sitting on the sand of the beach, holding that same bag close, I couldn't even bring myself to cry. I didn't want to was a better explanation. He expected a lot from me, why would I cower away from those expectations and disappoint him. Looking at the necklace, it glittered just as the moonlight did upon the surface of the now calm water. It was a birthday present from me four years ago, the fact that he had been wearing it made me happy, like there was never a moment where he didn't have me in mind. Yes, the relationship we had seems out there, but he was all I had at one point not too long ago.

 

Putting on the necklace I searched through the bag and found a bunch of his things. Guns, belts, clothes, things like that. Reaching for the jacket that was in the bag, despite it being sopping wet, I placed it around me and sat there. The sand underneath me unusually warm, lifting my hand I starred hazily at it. Covered in a thick layer of red liquid.

 

“......Mi.” was all I could hear in the distance as I laid on the sand, holding everything close and not letting it go.