Like Brother, Like Sister

Take Care of My Little Sister

 

Yongguk was speeding way beyond belief and he was really lucky that there were not as many cars out tonight like there usually is or else he would have a big problem. My heart was beating out of control and I was scared more of the reason as to why Yongguk was acting like this than the likelihood of us getting into a serious accident.

 

Zelo didn't even attempt to ask what was happening and to me it seemed like he already had a hunch. Yongguk glanced in his rear view mirror then gave Zelo a nod. Was I missing something? Apparently I was because Zelo looked out the back window and his eyes grew twice in size.

 

“Noona! Unbuckle your seat belt!”

 

“Mwo?!” Before I could even put my hands on the buckle itself Zelo had unstrapped me and pulled me to the floor of the car. Just then there was a loud boom and glass shattered everywhere.

 

I let out a scream and covered my head from being hit by the glass that was falling. Zelo was doing his best to cover the both of us. Yongguk cursed under his breath and pressed down, with full force, on the gas. He had his head ducked down as well as he was driving and kept an eye out for the car that was behind us. Even if I couldn't see where we were going I could tell that the oncoming traffic was trying their best to move out of harm's way. Cars were honking and Yongguk kept driving over curbs making Zelo and I hit the seats that we were sandwiched between.

 

“Ouch!” Zelo hissed as he lifted his hand from the ground.

 

“Y-yongguk~oppa! Zelo got hurt!” I was about to sit up but Zelo stopped me from doing so.

 

“It's fine, stay down or you'll get hurt noona.” He sat up and peaked out the window, and with an enraged expression he rolled down the window, “You guys are messing with the wrong people!”

 

Yongguk turned his head to Zelo and cursed at him for even provoking the guys that were in the car speeding next to us. Zelo reached into his back pocket and pulled out a revolver. My eyes were glued on the gun that just popped out of nowhere. He was aiming at the guys when he realized that there were no bullets.

 

“Dammit! Hyung I need-” He didn't even get to finish his sentence because they shot at us and Yongguk had to swerve away sending Zelo backwards onto the seat.

 

Before he could reload his gun with the bullets that were stashed under the seat I got up and pushed the boy to the side; pulling out my own BB gun from earlier. One look at the car next to us and I already new the face of the person driving. The same person from earlier, the blonde raspy voiced man. These people...

 

“YAH! Yoo Yoonmi what are you doing?!” Yongguk was switching on and off between driving and keeping a look on us in the back.

 

“Are they with the person who killed my brother?!” I could already feel my blood boiling on the inside.

 

“GET DOWN!” He yelled at me but I didn't budge.

 

“Noona! Stop it's not-!” Zelo grabbed my arm but I pushed him off me and aimed for the car.

One man was aiming at us as well, but I made the first shot. It only took three quick shots; One through their window, One at his hand, and one at their front tire. The glass from the first shot gave a two second time frame where they were open, a distraction. The second had made the man drop his gun out the window and into the streets. The last shot just saved our . Their car was now swerving and we were able to make a getaway.

 

There was a sigh of relief that came from everyone and just as I sat back in the glass covered seat Zelo grabbed a hold of my shoulders and turned me towards him. He just looked straight into my eyes, I was about to scold him for touching me again but I stopped myself because he looked scared.

 

“Noona! What were you thinking?!” He started to scold me as if I had done something wrong, and on that note I furrowed my brows ready to get angry with this boy.

 

“What are you talking about?! I had to do something! You were too slow!”

 

“You could have gotten seriously hurt!”

 

“Are you saying that just because I'm a girl?! Your saying that because of that I can't fight back?!”

 

“No that's not it but-!”

 

“What is it then?! Hu?!”

 

“BOTH OF YOU JUST SHUT UP!” Yongguk boomed making us both flinch.

 

In the past I have seen Yongguk angry and yell at many people, but not once have I heard him sound this angry. I sat back and slouched in the seat as I looked into the cracked rear view mirror, even though the reflection was distorted I could still see that Yongguk was seething. His grip on the steering wheel made his knuckles turn white. To the side of me Zelo had his arms crossed and wouldn't even look at me, Instead he kicked the glass that was on the floor of the car.

 

Once again I was back at their house and Zelo got out before the car even stopped, slamming the door behind him. What was his problem? Geez I didn't do anything wrong by helping them back there. I don't see what the big deal is. After the car was stopped Yongguk just sat there not saying a word. Taken that he wasn't going to open his mouth anytime soon I got out of the car. Right after me he got out, but I didn't turn to him. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me back.

 

“Hey! What gives?!” I yell as I stumbled back towards him. Still he said nothing to me and I was getting more and more irritated that people were grabbing me and yelling at me over nothing, “Let go of my wrist it hurts!”

 

“What the hell was that back there...” He finally spoke up but was barely audible and was looking at the ground. After a minute without receiving a response he looked at me and gave me a piercing glare, “Do you even know what could have happened if he didn't miss!? Are you trying to get yourself killed?!”

 

He released his grip on my wrist and I stood there feeling like a child who just got in trouble with their parents. I haven't felt like that In a really long time... I'd rather not remember the times when I had parents... or rather, a guardian figure...

“I was only trying to help...” it wasn't until I saw that Yongguk's eyes were glistening from holding back tears that I started to feel apologetic. I didn't even want to look at him now that guilt was setting in to the point where I wanted to cry.

 

Yongguk pulled me close and wrapped his arms around me; I was now trapped in a tight hug that completely confused me. He just stood there for a minute without even muttering a word and I swear that his embrace got tighter and tighter. Shifting my arms a little I attempted to loosen the hold, but that didn't do anything.

 

“...You're squishing m-”

 

“I promised him...” He caught me off guard for the second time, “ I promised Youngjae that I wouldn't let anything happen to you...”

 

I heard his voice crack and that was also a first for me. I was taken aback even as he continued talking.

 

“Don't ever do anything like that again. You're the only person other than your brother that I have, if you're gone... I-”

 

Just then Zelo's voice could be heard from the inside of the garage, “HYUNG! JONGUP AND HIMCHAN NEED HELP!!”

 

Yongguk quickly looked up and ran into the building leaving me there outside. I stood there for a minute before slowly walking to the door that was left open. Peeking through I grew curious as to what was going on. From where I was standing not much was visible so I took a step into the place only to find two guys on the couch in pain and bleeding. Another guy looked hurt himself, but not as badly as the others.

 

Zelo was running around with different first aid supplies and from the looks of it simple band-aids and a wash of alcohol was not going to get the job done. I looked around outside and it didn't seem too late to run to a store. Doing just that I took off and found that the nearest place where I would be able to get proper first aid supplies was two and a half blocks away.

 

Yongguk's POV

 

“AAHH! That hurts man!”

 

“Well what else do you want me to do?!” I looked over at Jongup who was clutching his bleeding torso, “You two idiots!”

 

Daehyun looked over at our two injured friends and hung his head in shame. He kept muttering something to himself that was barely audible. Zelo was in a panic and was freaking out about the blood that was getting all over the place. It's not like we could take them to the hospital, we'd end up in jail if they asked too many questions and we didn't answer them.

 

“Zelo... Where is Yoonmi..?” I got up and looked around.

 

“...umm.... what?”

 

“Where is she?! What the hell is she thinki-”

 

“Calm down!” She ran through the door and over to the couch where Jongup and Himchan were being taken care of to the best of our ability, “Who's injury is worse?”

 

She glanced over both guys and before I even answered her she knelt down by Jongup and began taking care of him.

 

“Hey don't just stand there! Pour this on his shoulder and clean him up!” She tossed me the bottle of alcohol as well as a box of tissues. Jongup had a gash that was on his lower abdomen, and Himchan had got stabbed in the shoulder.

 

It took a while and obviously Himchan and Jongup made everything difficult by whining about the sting from the alcohol. Eventually they both were cleaned up and their wounds were bandaged up well enough that the pain had partially subsided. Sweat was rolling down their face from holding the cries of pain back.

 

Zelo gave the two medicine that made them fall asleep, ending whatever pain they felt only for the moment. Yoonmi was looking at her blood covered hands and you could tell that she was nauseated from the thick liquid. Everyone was exhausted and as the leader of this gang I felt like I couldn't even do a single thing to help these guys.

 

Daehyun was sitting on the stairs, leaning against the steel bars, “Youngjae's sister?”

 

I nodded and joined him on the stairs.

 

“They were at the house when we got there. Himchan wanted to see if Youngjae had anything on Block Buster at the house, but apparently they were there before us. A couple of wannabe guys and one main member... B-Bomb... You remember him?”

 

The memory flashed in my mind again... The one who shot Youngjae.

 

“Well right now I think it would be best if we just figure out exactly how many members are on their side. We can't do anything right now if Jongup and Himchan are injured. Block Buster is my second priority right now...” I looked at Yoonmi as she wiped her hands on her already stained uniform.

 

Daehyun stretched his arms and watched as Zelo was trying to talk to her, but she kept walking away from him. When he would attempt to grab her hand she raised a fist. I had to smile at how much she reminded me of her brother, they both always had to put up a fight. Daehyun must have noticed that as well because he let out chuckle.

 

“Like brother, like sister.”