Rain Sound (빗소리)

Take Care of My Little Sister

The television set was , the white noise was now a clear picture of the news. It was around 3 am in the morning, two hours ago, when Yoonmi got the most devastating call of her young life. More devastating than when she found out her parents had passed away, at least then she had her brother to look after her, the story was different this time. Yoonmi curled up into a ball on the sofa that was in her brother's study and started to cry once again. Her once bright brown eyes now filled with nothing but salty tears. As they poured down her face she reached over with shaky hands and grabbed a picture frame that sat on the corner of the coffee table. Rubbing the glass that concealed the picture beneath with the pad of her thumb, Yoonmi held it close to her body as if the memory encased was about to be lost forever.

[Yoonmi's POV]

"Yeoboseyo?" I picked up the house phone frantically. This call was it right?! They found my brother right?!

"Yoonmi~ah..." It was one of my brother's friends at work, I recognized his voice.

"Did you find Youngjae?! How is my brother?!" I had to refrain myself from asking too much. He's been missing for a few days now and I was beyond scared as to what might have happened to him within those days.

"...We found him..." There was a pause.

...No...

"I'm sorry Yoonmi~ah..." Was his reply to my silence.

The conversation kept replaying over and over in my head like a record, a bad record. I didn't want to hear it nor did I want to believe it, but the reality was that my brother was dead. Murdered... and he wasn't coming home. All those days he would come home and not tell me about his latest case all made sense now.

"oppaaaa....." I managed to say in between my sniffles and hiccups, "You babo!"

I sat up and looked at the picture in my hands. Youngjae was smiling a smile that I could no longer see in person. Growing angry my arm had a mind of its own. I threw the picture frame at the nearest wall; shattering the glass into bits and pieces.

"...You idiot... How could you leave me like this..?!" I hugged my knees and buried my face in them trying to muffle my screams, "I HATE YOU FOR LEAVING ME!

I didn't hate him...

"YOU DID THIS ON PURPOSE!!!"

It wasn't his fault either...

"...I miss you..."

I truly did.

"I wont get to see your face again..." nonsense was spilling out of my mouth like vomit.

"Who's going to tell me I did a good job on my tests? Who's going to be there to celebrate with me when something good happens..?"

Looking down at the floor something clicked in my head and I turned to face the desk calendar not too far away. This weekend was the death anniversary of our parents. Mixed emotions are the absolute worst. Standing up I walk over to the opposite wall to pick up the broken pieces of glass. All the while my face was becoming stained. It didn't matter that my fingers where being scratched and cut from picking up the glass, that was the least of my problems. On my hands and knees I make my way to the actual picture. Breaking down once more I drop the shards in my cut hands and fall to the floor not knowing what to do now that the most important person in my life was gone. 

He was shot.

"Stop it..."

He lost too much blood for us to have helped him.

"...Shut up..."

At least he's in a better place now.

"STOP IT!!!" I tried to block out the voices by covering my ears.

There was no end and the voice was controlling the better part of my mind. I can't erase the things I had heard nor can I erase the past. I fell asleep crying and knowing that my brother would no longer be here to tell me that everything's alright and that I have nothing to worry about. What's even sadder is the fact that the last words he had even said to me where to hide. If I was brave enough to actually go downstairs and help my brother maybe all of this would have never happened...

Outside it started to pour. The sound of rain filled the house.

[Yongguk's POV]

A murder isn't something that anyone can just completely ignore especially if it has to deal with your best man. Everyone was a mess, the guys made sure that I was the first person to be checked up on every hour. Seeing Youngjae shot like that left a scar in my head that can never heal. His face... filled with pain. He knew that that was it, game over.

"Hyung... Are you alright?" Zelo poked his head through the door to my room.

"...Barely hanging on there..." and I wasn't lying. My mind is not stable at all right now.

Zelo walked in and sat on my bed as I was laying down thinking. The boy was quiet, but I knew he had questions. We all did.

"Hyung...!!!" Zelo yelled out as Himchan and I just barely made it out of the subway without getting caught.

Everyone was huddled in a dark alley way scared of what just happened.

"Di-did they seriously...?" Daehyun bit his fist that covered his mouth as he held back the burning tears.

"Those bastards!" Jongup flipped over a trash can and garbage flew everywhere.

Zelo's expression was the most depressing. He didn't hold back anything. Either he wasn't afraid of showing emotion or he was really overwhelmed. He curled up into a ball while tears ran down his cheeks. I felt bad for the boy once again, I didn't want him to go through something like this at his age. It messes up your brain to see a live murder happen before your own eyes.

Looking over to Zelo I pat his back. In return he gave me a confused look.

"I should be asking if you're alright. Are you?"

"I don't know..." was his response.

"I'm really sorry... About everything..." I took in a deep breath before finishing, "You shouldn't have had to go through all this."

Zelo didn't know what to say so I turned to my side and grabbed a book that was on the floor next to my bed. The book wasn't what I wanted, it was the picture inside. As the polaroid photo slipped out from the pages I threw the book off to the side. This photo was from our second year in high school, that day was the last time I was able to publicly hang out with Youngjae. Once he told the rest of us that he wanted to become a police officer we knew he indirectly was telling us that he could no longer be in the gang. I accepted it because he wanted to do something with his life and he had his little sister.

Yoonmi from what I remember was a stubborn little girl. Spoiled too, if I had a candy that she liked she would throw a fit until I shared with her. In the picture she was only in her first year of middle school. Remembering all of this made me get all sentimental again. Setting the picture down I rub my eyes knowing that tears were slowly making their way to the surface.

"Hyung..."

"Yeah Zelo?"

"...Never mind..." Zelo got up and walked towards the door. I stopped him right before he could leave.

"Tomorrow we're going to a funeral, dress nice."

Zelo nodded with a frown on his face before he closed the door.

It was a restless night of tossing and turning. The hours got to me and I felt tired beyond belief, but I couldn't seem to sleep. One thing that surprised me was when I got up to step outside I heard Zelo in his room crying in his sleep. Furrowing my brows I let out a sigh and was about to start crying myself -no- I was past that now.

A part of me wanted to submit to that overwhelming sadness and the other part wanted to tear that Zico guy to shreds. It was his guy who not only killed my best friend, but took away Yoonmi's only brother. She has no one to turn to now that Youngjae is gone. I can't even begin to imagine what she has to go through right now; all the questions built up that need answers. 

Promise me that you'll take care of my sister if I'm gone.  

Those words sunk in more than ever

"..." I bit my lip knowing that I had no other choice. I'll keep my to my words, but... Shouldn't she be fine on her own?

As I walked back to my room there was a police siren that started to blare. Cringing at the loud noise I shudder. Something felt really off. Knowing my luck so far it would be best to pay attention to these feelings.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

okkiii~~ So here is chapter 6!! I can't believe that I made it this far ahaha (sorry it's so short tho...)

Thank you to my new and old subscribers~~ I honestly couldn't write this without you motivating me ^^

So what do you all think will happen in the next chapter??? mwahahaha better prepare those ovaries of yours kekeke