A New Start

Take Care of My Little Sister

 

"If you two don't mind... Can you tell me what in the actual hell is going on?!"

-------

It felt like I was back at square one again. I was in the car with these two guys, at least this time I knew who they were so that was not a problem. I looked down at my hands that were folded together on my lap and waited for their response. Zelo made a pout face and looked over at Yongguk who was concentrating on finding a place far enough from the school to stop.

 

“That is for hyung to tell, not me...” Zelo looked at me as if he was apologizing for not being able to tell me what I wanted.

 

My phone in my blazer pocket was ringing and the two looked at me waiting for me to answer. I bowed as to apologize for the loud music playing then pulled out the phone to see who was calling. JR... I took the battery out of my phone then put it back in my pocket.

 

“You're not going to answer..?” Zelo asked, “We wont eavesdrop.”

 

“I don't really think that talking to my boyfriend right now would help anything. If anything he's gonna start wondering where I am.”

 

I know that being in a relationship means that you have to trust each other, but I don't want to complicate JR's life with this anymore than I am right now. This was stressing me out to the point that I felt like crying again. I understand nothing right now and waiting to be told what's going on was something that I hated. I kept taking deep breaths as my mind wandered off into space.

 

“You'll be okay noona.” I felt a hand on my face and a thumb wipe away a tear that was starting to form at the corner of my eye, “We are here for you, don't worry okay?”

 

The drive seemed to take forever and I must have dozed off because the car was not moving and I was laying down on the seat with a gray sweater over me. I sat there for a minute before getting up and rubbing the back of my head, at least my headache was gone. Rubbing my eyes I looked out the windows of the car and saw that we were at the Han river. Other than the two outside either sitting on the hood of the car or throwing pebbles into the water there was no one else around. I fixed my uniform and held the jacket in my hands as I got out of the car.

 

“Hyung I threw it further this time! Beat that- oh, noona!” Zelo ran back over towards the car and I saw that Yongguk turned his head slightly to me.

 

“How long was I asleep?” I asked as I held out the sweater towards Zelo.

 

“About half an hour? That's hyung's by the way.”

 

“Oh... Here you go. Thank you.” I held the article of clothing towards Yongguk and he just told me to hold onto it because the breeze was making it chilly.

 

Zelo took a seat on the ground and played with the pebbles in his hands. Yongguk patted the area next to him and asked me if I wanted to sit down. I shook my head and told him that I was fine where I was and leaned against the side of the car looking out at the river.

 

“Story time right?” Yongguk scratched the back of his head and yawned as he looked around, “Well, there's no easy way to tell this story so sorry in advance. For starters you know I was close to your brother as you are to him. You guys were like family to me. About a month and a half ago he called me and the guys to see if we wanted to hang out like back in the day. Up till then I haven't seen much of him, I didn't want my current position to get in the way of his work, being in a gang and all. That's the reason as to why I left you guys so suddenly. Sorry bout that. Anyway, we were all hanging out and obviously knowing Youngjae there was a deeper reason as to why he called me so suddenly.”

 

Yongguk furrowed his brows as he said my brother's name, I felt the same pain. What was surprising to me was the fact that he also gave me an answer as to what happened to him and why he disappeared. He lives this kind of life? I had no idea...

 

Yongguk's POV

 

I took a deep breath and wondered if I was doing the right thing by telling her everything. She deserves to know what happened, I know that, but at the same time I don't want to be the one who looks like the bad guy. I've been gone for a long time, I don't know whether or not she'll see me as the same person from her childhood or not because of how I live now.

 

“He was jumpy and something was really eating at him. The case he was working on was about a new gang that just happened to form overnight. These guys are new to me as well. Youngjae must have known that they meant business, people were dying. The thing about us gang members is that we want respect. We want to be feared, that's how we get our name and territory. These guys though... They obviously know who they are messing with if they targeted Youngjae. That day they broke into your house they kidnapped him, that much you have to know.”

 

Yoonmi looked at me with a surprised expression, along the lines of 'That was you I saw?' she didn't say a word, but I could tell that she felt a little relieved.

 

“I remember...” She lowered her gaze and looked off to the side away from my direction.

 

Zelo's face was expressionless and he quit playing with the pebbles in his hands. Both waiting for me to continue with the story.

 

“We wanted to find these guys just as badly as the cops. We didn't think that they would come to us first. I'll admit they have balls to even mess with us in the first place. They had your brother out for ransom. When we arrived with what they wanted Youngjae was still kickin' it. Tossed around a bit, but in one piece nonetheless. I didn't think that the tables would turn so fast on us.”

 

Remembering that day made me more and more angry, I wanted them dead, “My only guess now is that Block Buster wants to ruin us, and by doing that they chose you as their next target... I already ed up by showing my connections with you and your brother. Sick bastards...”

 

I clenched my fists as tight as I could before I went off on a rampage. I swore my knuckles turned white. I could already feel my eyes watering up too.

 

Yoonmi didn't say a word, I didn't expect her to. All she did was walk over to the river bank and stand there. I rested my arms on my knees and looked at the sun that was starting to set. Zelo stood up and cleaned off the dirt that was on his pants.

 

“Hyung... Was telling her all that the right thing? She seems really upset.”

 

I took those words into mind. I didn't know if what I did was right or wrong. I didn't want to lie, but I also didn't want to make things harder for her. I was just as confused as Zelo was.

 

“Honestly... I don't really know... If anything... I'm going to really regret it if she stops talking to me because of this.”

 

All of this was partially my fault, If I stayed away from Youngjae completely maybe he wouldn't have been killed. She was probably thinking that as well. All those years I spent being a childhood friend were about to be flushed down the toilet because of this. Zelo got back into the car and sat in the passenger's seat. It was about time I brought her back to her house, so I got up and made my way to her. Where she stands on the situation was going to be revealed soon enough.

 

Standing right next to her I peered out across the top of the water. It was still and everything around us was quiet. I kicked a pebble into the water and that action seemed to snap her out of her trance.

 

“Y-yongguk..! I didn't see you there.” She took a look at me then turned back to the water.

 

“I was gonna ask how your holding up. You alright kiddo?”

 

She let out a faint scoff, “Still calling me a kid? You punk.”

 

“Oh really? I'm the punk?” I nudged her shoulder with my elbow and she let out a soft chuckle.

 

“I really don't know what to think about all of this... For one I'm still sad about what happened to my brother. I'm also mad at you...” she looked at me with a frown and I felt a pang in my heart. I readied myself for the worst, “I'm mad that you just left without saying anything to me. Sure I understand that it was for the better, but here I was thinking that all these years you just didn't care anymore about my brother and I.”

 

This time I was the one who was surprised, “...You're not going to question why I chose to live like this or anything...?”

 

She put her hands inside her blazer pockets and rocked back and forth on her feet, “It's not any of my business to be asking about your personal life, so I'm not judging your decisions. One thing though... I think we are on the same page when it comes to those guys...”

 

“Block Buster?”

 

“I want them dead... I'll make it my personal mission to make sure they get what they deserve...” Hearing Yoonmi say something like this was new to me and frankly I understand how she feels, but doing anything rash wont help at all. It'll just put her in even more danger than what she's in now.

 

“Yah, revenge is not the answer.” I flicked her forehead

 

“You can call it revenge, I'll call it justice.” She hit me with my sweater and I just laughed at the fact she was so similar to her brother. Her temper has not changed one bit. While she was still looking at me with furrowed brows I took the sweater from her hands and wrapped it around her.

“If you plan on getting even, don't get sick before doing so.”

 

“When will you stop treating me like a baby. I'm not that little kid you used to hang out with anymore. Geez I'm grown up now.”

 

“Yeah, Yeah shut up and lets go.”

 

I felt a huge burden lift off of my shoulders as the both of us made our way to the car. It gave me piece of mind now that I know Yoonmi is alright with my lifestyle and it makes it that much more easier to keep my promise with Youngjae, but I also know that even if he hadn't asked for me to do so then I would have made it a priority to protect her anyway.

 

Now I'll be able to make up for the years that I missed out on with her. It was too late to do so with Youngjae, but at least I had Yoonmi and if a single one of those guys lay a hand on her then they have hell to pay.

 

“Okay lets take you home and call it a day.” I say as I got in the car, Yoonmi got in the back seat.

 

“He fell asleep?” She leaned up to the passenger's seat and stared at Zelo who had his arms crossed and eyes closed.

 

“Seems so. This punk thinks he can do whatever he wants.” I pushed his head with my index finger and he simply leaned to the window, “He's a cute kid though.”

 

I started the car and dove off. Yoonmi took out her cell and put her battery back in. She winced as she saw the screen. I was gonna guess that she had many missed calls from her boyfriend. She really had grown then if she has a boyfriend now. I'll also take it that Youngjae wasn't exactly a fan of him, he didn't like anyone near his sister. That's half the reason as to why she acts so spoiled, Youngjae treated her like a princess.

 

“Oppa~ I'm sorry... Yes I'm fine... Aish! Oppa calm down... Okay, okay!” She crossed her arms and let out a huff of air as her call ended. I just laughed at her.

 

“He's really mad at me for not answering his calls.”

 

“You already explained to him that you weren't in the position to talk at the moment so he should understand.” I pointed out, but clearly that didn't ease her mind.

 

“He's really difficult sometimes...”

 

“He better be treating you right! If not then I'll-”

 

“You sound just like Youngjae oppa, geez I can take care of myself, and JR is a nice guy! Don't think badly of him!”

 

I gave up and just appreciated the fact that nothing, except appearance, changed over the years. It was quiet the rest of the ride and Zelo was still asleep. I took it that Yoonmi found it entertaining to play with Zelo's hair.

 

“I was gonna ask...” she began, “What's his story?”

 

I looked over at the sleeping boy and then her, people seem to be really curious about him now a days. I was going to at least tell Yoonmi, but my phone rang.

 

“Dae? What's up?”

 

“Y-yongguk! Where are you at ri- Himchan! For the love of god Jongup help him!- Yongguk where are you right now?!” Daehyun was out of breath and he seemed panicked

 

“I'm about to arrive at Yoonmi's place. What's going on?” I looked around the block as I turned to her street.

 

“DON'T! Just go back to th- JONGU-” The line cut off and I stared at the phone before I dropped it and made a sharp U-turn.

“W-what the heck!?” Yoonmi was holding onto the seat belt that was around her and Zelo woke up from the impact with the door of the car.

 

I was now speeding back to the garage and Zelo was wide awake, “W-What's going on?!”

 

I was now sweating with worry as I stepped on the gas. Yoonmi was in the back confused and holding on to the seat belt for dear life. Zelo unbuckled himself and hopped in the back with her.

 

“Something's not right... God...” I slammed my fists on the steering wheel, “ you Block Buster... you...”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whew~~ Got a new chappie up and I'm happy! :) How was it this time? I can't believe that I'm already at 11 chapters! Thank you all for reading my story ahaha

 

OH! And how's the new story cover guys?! I'm still working on my photoshop skills so that I can make an even more appealing story cover. This should do for now right?

 

You all thank you for the comments! They really motivate me to write for you all!^^

 

qanitah_elf your comments really make me smile ahahaha I'm glad you like this story

 

Omg!!! The Daehyun feels are really strong today I don't know why ;~;

 

He's so cute!!!! Anyone know some good fanfics with him? hmm? hmmm??