Chapter 28

The Phone Call

The funeral was over and now they were all back in the house.

 

“What are you dreaming of?” Jaejoong asked as he approached the silent figure leaning by the window. Yunho immediately wrapped his arms around him and pulled Jaejoong closer.

 

“We need to thank Alexander Bell,” the leader mumbled into his shoulder, “Without him, I wouldn’t have you.”

 

Jaejoong smiled, “Pabo yah, you would have found a way in the end. I believe in Jung Yunho, U-Know?”

 

I believe in Jung Yunho.

 

Yunho looked up at Jaejoong in disbelief. Even now, he believes in me. Even now, his faith in me is not shaken.

 

Thank you for existing Jaejoongie. Thank you.

 

They were just about to draw near into a kiss when a voice interrupted their romantic moment.

 

“Oh look what do we have here? A lovely couple not respecting the sanctity of a room again!”

 

Changmin uttered as he strolled into the room, rolling his eyes at the affectionate YunJae couple. While he was joyous at their reunion, he could not stand the public display of affection they always seemed to give each other.

 

I guess it’s back to being a -blocker for me, huh? Can’t say I didn’t miss it though.

 

Changmin smirked. With the years in between, he had already devised new measures and methods to prevent the lovebirds from being too lovey-dovey. Now it was time to mark Tensai Changmin’s return! He bet he could rope Kyuhyun into helping him too. Kyuhyun was always willing to help him mess with the hyungs. Like how he messed you up with the kiss? At the thought of Kyuhyun’s kiss, Changmin’s face turned an alarming shade of red. Gosh, they have literally transformed Dong Bang Shin Ki to Gay Bang Shin Ki, the gay harem he swore never to be part of. He still remembered what Jaejoong said about it a few years ago.

 

“Watch it,” Jaejoong smirked as he blew a kiss at Changmin’s disgust, “Everyone in Dong Bang Shin Ki turns gay eventually. My beloved maknae you’ll be no exception.”

 

“Gay?”Yoochun exclaimed, “Who’s the one getting lucky tonight?” Scooting closer towards Changmin, he then pulled Changmin towards him and planted a kiss on his cheek, “I’m amenable to a partnership.”

 

Needless to say, Changmin immediately kicked Yoochun hyung off and gave him a firm “one touch” to his shoulder.

 

“Yah Changmin ah, what are you thinking about?” Yoochun questioned. Changmin stared in blatant horror as he witnessed that greasy man slinging his arms around his shoulder once again. Junsu followed suit, cuddling Changmin while making suggestive eyebrows at him. Gosh. Do his hyungs ever grow up?

 

“How is it that you’re as greasy as ever like an old man, hyung?” Changmin shoved their arms off and immediately retorted, “And Junsu hyung looks and behave like a child. Does that mean that YooSu is engaged in a ic relationship then?”

 

“Yah!” Junsu’s war cry was so loud it rattled the walls, "Does this pack of muscles seem like a child's to you?" Just like that, a pillow fight began. Grabbing the nearest cushion, Junsu threw it and began smacking Changmin’s head with it.

 

“I’ll show you what one touch means,” Junsu proclaimed.

 

“You can’t steal a term from me,” Changmin screeched as he attempted to throw another pillow at Junsu who was hiding behind Yoochun. “It’s copyrighted.”

Trapped in the middle, Yoochun, unfortunately, received the brunt of the damage, as cloths spilt open and feathers from within rained upon the trio like rain in a downpour.

 

“Jaejoongie,” Yunho whispered in Jaejoong’s ears, “Don’t you think we should stop the fight instead of recording it down?”

 

“Shh…” Jaejoong replied, “This is the best part.” His grin hidden behind the lens of the camera. This was worth blackmail material for a lifetime. He finally had the upper hand against the maknae.

 

Smiling softly at Jaejoong’s glee, Yunho closed his eyes in contentment. This was the family he wanted. There was nowhere else he had rather be. The happiness of being able to be a part of this was more than enough for him. These moments of happiness were all he needed. I’ve missed this. He thought, ignoring the tears that welled in his closed eyes. I've missed this so much.

 

“Wait!” Yoochun’s screech suddenly broke the fight.

 

“I just realised!” He uttered as he pointed a finger at Changmin, “You actually called Junsu hyung!”

 

There was silence from all parties for five seconds before Changmin dropped the mutilated cushion in his hands and laid back on the couch behind him.

 

“Of course! I don’t want to get preached by Yunho hyung again on how I should be respecting my elder hyungs. Have you forgotten about it already? Hyung’s lectures last longer than an eternity.”

 

At that statement, they all chuckled in merriment. Many things have changed with time, but some things still remain the same – namely, Yunho’s ability to bore every member with his well-meaning lectures.

 

“Oh yeah hyung! Have you told them yet?” Changmin’s exclamation broke the laughter apart.

 

“Tell us what?” JYJ immediately asked in synchronisation.

 

Yunho laughed as he opened his eyes, “You see, our contracts are expiring in SM entertainment soon so that means that we’ll be free to choose another company of our own. After discussing with Changmin, I’ve approached CJES and…”

 

“No way! We’re going to be Dong Bang Shin Ki again?” Junsu exclaimed, jumping out of the sofa in excitement, “Chunnie ah! We’re coming back as 5 again!”

 

Junsu’s excitement was palpable. Watching Junsu run to Yunho and hug him tightly as Yoochun and Jaejoong struggled to contain their tears within, Changmin felt that something was finally set right in the universe. Dong Bang Shin Ki was finally five stars shining as one constellation as it should have been from the start. They were back!

 

“Changmin, what are you standing there for? It’s time for our group hug,” Junsu screamed.

 

Laughing, Changmin walked forward, pushed all of them into the ground and laid on them all.

 

We really did it, he thought, we did it again.

 

“Oh but there’s going to be a slight problem though,” Yunho continued feebly, stuck beneath the bodies of Junsu and Jaejoong, “Since SM entertainment technically owns the name Dong Bang Shin Ki, we can’t use it as the name of our band under CJES.”

 

Changmin smirked.

 

“Oh don’t worry about it,” Changmin laughed as he carefully arranged his limbs into a meditation position on the squirming bodies of his hyungs, “I’ve got the perfect name.”

 

Watch out Cassiopeia! Tensai Changmin is back, and he is here to grant your wishes.

~*~

“It is to our greatest excitement to be hosting this legendary KPOP band,” Kyuhyun uttered as he took the stage as the emcee, “You may know them from their refusal to fade from the music scene. The oldies who never give up! Let us welcome the five men who changed history with their walking sticks: Yunho hyung, Changmin, Jaejoong hyung, Junsu hyung and Yoochun hyung!”

 

Immediately the crowd erupted into an applause. Many were carrying red light sticks which illuminated the grins on their faces as they clapped with much vigour. Finally, it was the moment they had been waiting for. Not a single fan could have imagined this coming to life but after five years of waiting, it was finally true. They were back! They were never going to be split again. Their faith has seen prayers come to life.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, JYJ imnida~”

 

“Annyeonghaeseyo, Yunho Changmin imnida~”

 

The five echoed simultaneously to the delight of their fans. There were really five shadows on the stage. It wasn’t a dream.

 

“Sorry for keeping you waiting! We appreciated your patience and understanding throughout this period,” Yunho continued after the screams have died down and fans gazed at them in wonderment, “As you know Changmin and I have left SM entertainment and joined JYJ in CJES. Today, we’re going to announce our new group name to you. Please continue to support us. Thank you.”

 

Nodding to Jaejoong, Yunho passed the mic to him.

 

“JYJ is really honoured to take on Yunho and Changmin. Although we’re not sure if they’ll add onto the value of the group with their lack of performances lately.” Jaejoong joked, ignoring Yunho’s frown at him.

 

“So, this is us telling you, we’re back for good this time," Yunho snatched the mic back at Jaejoong's teasing, "Thank you for always keeping the faith, and as you know, two halves always make a whole.”

Yunho uttered as he grabbed Jaejoong’s hands next to his as the stage lights began to dim. The spotlights swirled around before illuminating the five figures who were holding one another’s hands, as they remain bowed to their audience.

 

Together, counting the silent beats of five in their hearts, the quintuplets grinned as they lifted their heads in unison and bowed once more.

 

“Annyeonghaesayo, Gay Bang Shin Ki imnida~”

 

Changmin laughed at the resounding silence that followed.

 

Tensai Changmin: 1

Cassiopeia: 0

 

The End.

 

Author's Note: I was hesitating if I should complete this series as truth be told, I haven't been writing fanfiction for years. Yet, every time I would log into Asianfanfics, subscribers would still be coming in because of this fanfiction, The Phone Call. I figured an ending is better than none so I've written this out even though it really does not satisfy my standard of a fanfiction. So please forgive any inconsistencies in writing styles. I apologise for it.

I also want to thank all of you who have supported this fanfic thus far. Thank you to everyone who commented and everyone who didn't. I love DBSK still, all of them. I still believe in them, be it supporting their separate activities or trusting that their friendships were genuine. But one of the greater things I have since being a Cassie is meeting fellow Cassies like you, so thank you for the support always.

I may not be writing fanfictions anymore, but my love for DBSK is still secured within the constellation of five stars. I love you all. Thank you and thank you. Feel free to follow me on Twitter @amejunk if you want to connect. I would definitely follow you back.

Also, 28 March marks a new upcoming album. HELL YEAH! :)))

<3