Chapter 13

The Phone Call

 

"Don't." Junsu blurted out when Yoochun was about to reach the door, "don't go."

 

Yoochun paused in his steps.

 

"I-I'm sorry, please," Junsu whispered, "don't leave me."

 

Yoochun sighed.

 

"Apologies don't work every single time. Besides, it's not the thing that I want to hear the most. You know it don't you?" Yoochun ran his hair through his fingers, "Funny how we're trying to bring Yunho hyung and Jaejoong hyung together when we can't even solve our own problem. The irony.."

 

"Yoochun." Junsu pleaded. "Don't-"

 

"Don't what?" Yoochun interrupted, "Don't leave you? Are you still thinking of yourself at this time?"

 

Junsu bowed his head in shame, the silence hanging heavily between them.

 

"I just don't know anymore Junsu. I asked you a question and you can't even answer me. Is it that difficult to answer that? Don't you think I deserve to have an answer? It's been more than ten years since we've known each other. For ten years, I've harbored these feelings towards you. For ten years, I've waited patiently for your answer. And now, now that I've finally demanded from you an answer you can't even give me one."

 

"If you don't love me, perhaps it wouldn't hurt that much. But I know you Junsu, I know that you love me and that's the worst part. Knowing that you love me yet held back by fear.. Do you truly have so little faith in our love?"

 

Tears fell from Junsu's eyes and hit the shattered pieces below him with a single thud.

 

"You know, Junsu, sometimes you can be really selfish."

 

Yoochun uttered before slamming the door shut, the loud bang echoing in Junsu's heart. 

 

"No," Junsu whispered to himself, "NO!"

 

Taking to his feet, he barged into Yoochun's room, swinging the door open.

 

"You haven't heard what I had to say yet, how can you leave without getting your answer?" Junsu shouted in Yoochun's face.

 

"What-" Yoochun uttered in shock before his voice was muffled by Junsu pressing his lips onto his.

 

After a long while, Junsu finally released Yoochun's lips, allowing both of them to come up for air.

 

"Junsu." Yoochun breathed, unable to believe what had just occurred.

 

"You wanted an answer, so I gave you one," Junsu spoke, gaze deliberately avoiding Yoochun's. "Aren't you happy now?"

 

"What on Earth are you thinking-"

 

"That's it!" Junsu bellowed, anger getting the better of him once again, "I wasn't thinking. When you said you wanted to leave me, when you slammed that door shut, it was like the light of my life left. It was like there was no reason to be happy anymore. It was like.."

 

"Like I was forever left alone." Junsu whispered, tears spilling out of his eyes.

 

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for making you wait. I'm sorry for giving you false hope. I'm sorry for being in denial. I'm sorry for being such a jerk, but Yoochun please don't ever leave me okay?" Junsu pleaded.

 

Yoochun sighed and wrapped his arms around Junsu, his shirt soaked with Junsu's tears.

 

"I'm sorry," Junsu murmured in Yoochun's embrace, "I'm sorry that even like this, I'm still thinking of myself. I'm sorry for everything Yoochun ah, I'm so so sorry."

 

"It's okay," Yoochun reassured, slipping back to their usual routine, "Everything's fine."

 

"No it's not." Junsu gripped the arms around him tightly before breaking out of the embrace altogether.

 

"I'm tired of being a coward," Junsu uttered, his back facing towards Yoochun, "I'm tired of making you suffer because of my actions. You are right. I should give you an answer. I should have done that ages ago. If not for my cowardice, you wouldn't have to suffer through so much."

 

"You asked just now," Junsu continued, his eyes meeting Yoochun's straight on as he turned around, "if I truly had so little faith in our love. But you should know this don't you? If I have the most faith in something, that thing would have been our love no doubt."

 

"Then why?" Yoochun questioned, "Why the hesitancy?"

 

Junsu closed his eyes, unable to bear Yoochun's pained expression.

 

"Cause as much as I have faith in our love, I don't have faith in my love for you," Junsu opened his eyes, forcing himself to look at Yoochun, "You're a good man, Yoochun, and I never did want to hurt you."

 

"Yet by trying not to hurt me you did exactly the thing you were trying to prevent." Yoochun uttered, turning his face away from Junsu's. 

 

"If that's the case then what exactly are you doing in my room now?" he questioned, making a motion for Junsu to leave.

 

"Because if I leave you now I can never get you back again." 

 

"What the hell are you going on about now? You said you have no faith in your love for me. You said you never did want to hurt me. Doesn't that mean you are already rejecting our love? And now? Now you say you want to get me back. Make up your damn mind Junsu. What the hell do you want?" Yoochun shouted in frustration, resisting the urge to simply shake an answer out of Junsu.

 

"I want you that's what I want!" Junsu yelled in reply, "I want you to be with me all the time. I want to pursue this thing between us. I want to get into a relationship with you! I want to be ing in love for once without feeling this fear that's gripping me all the time."

 

"You think I'm afraid to admit my feelings don't you? That's why I've never ever spoken about it and tried to avoid it? You're dead wrong then Park Yoochun! All this time I've never confessed it's because the person whom I was most afraid for is you! Because I'm so afraid of hurting your feelings. Because it doesn't matter to me if I'm hurt. As long as you're happy, I'll tell myself, it's worth it. It's worth the pain. All this time I was just so afraid that if I admit my feelings, the relationship between you and I will change irrevocably and the person who's going to get hurt the most is you."

 

"Can't you see? Can't you see that I care more about you than you realize? Can't you see that to me, your feelings matter more than anybody else? I don't care if both of us are in pain from my actions but if that makes you happy in the long term, I'll gladly do it."

 

Taking in a deep breath, Junsu continued.

 

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for the pain I've put you through, but can't you see what's painfully obvious to the both of us? Can't you see that you're better off without me? Can't you see that I can only bring you nothing but pain? I love you so much Yoochun ah, I never want anyone to hurt you, least of all me."

 

"Especially not me," Junsu whispered before heading for the door, his fingers clenching around the doorknob, "I'm sorry, but I really do love you, Yoochun ah."

 

Junsu twisted the doorknob, opening the door and taking a step out, tears streaming down his face.

 

"If you really love me you will not leave this room." Yoochun uttered abruptly causing Junsu to stop in his tracks.

 

"What?" Junsu said in shock as Yoochun pulled him away from the door, pushing him up against the wall instead.

 

"Who gave you the right to decide what determines my happiness?" Yoochun growled, boiling anger growing within him, "Who gave you the right to come and tell me what makes me happy? Who gave you that ing right? I am my own person. I no need anybody telling me what makes me happy and what makes me not. You would think I would know it better than anyone else what makes me happy wouldn't you?"

 

"Yoochun."

 

"No. You fool, shut up. You don't know anything. You don't know how many times I've cried over you. You don't know how many times I've restrained myself from slapping you right in the face. Who do you think you are? Barging into my life like that. Making me fall in love with you.. Who do you think you are?

 

"That's why-"

 

"No you shut up you ignorant fool." Yoochun silenced Junsu's protests. "You don't know how important you are to me. Who do you think I'm basing my focus on my life on? Who do you think is the one that makes me laugh no matter what? Who do you think is the light of my life?"

 

"Only you managed to make me eat after my father died, doesn't that already tell you that I can't live without you?" Yoochun questioned, tears escaping his eyes at the thought of his father's demise.

 

"Changmin called just now because he wanted to bring Yunho hyung and Jaejoong hyung back together. I agreed with him, do you know why? Because I've been through what Yunho hyung is going through now, and I can tell you this, the only thing that saved me from the darkness back then was you, you stupid fool!"

 

"Yoochun." Junsu whispered his name, embracing the trembling man before him, "Don't cry."

 

"You don't know how painful it was back then. You don't know how it feels like, having the darkness overwhelm you and suffocate you like that. You don't know how it feels like to be so ing lost you don't know what to do."

 

"You don't know how much it meant to me back then to have you beside me. You don't know how grateful I am to every effort you and Jaejoong hyung did to try bring me back and stop me from slipping into depression. You don't know anything, so how can you say that I'm better off without you?"

 

"I'm sorry," Junsu apologised, kissing the tears off Yoochun's face, "I didn't mean to bring up those memories."

 

"You still don't get it don't you? I love you Junsu ah, I love you so much and nothing will make me happy but you. If it means reliving those memories once more, I'll gladly do it. Junsu, with you, for you, I can do anything, can't you see that?"

 

Can't you see that you are already my life?

 

"I just need a chance for me to show you my heart," Yoochun whispered, "cause the only other way to tell you is through my prayers to God."

 

"You're the brightest by far amongst the brightest of stars even though we argue know that I'm the type that fights for the cause." Junsu continued, realizing that Yoochun was reciting the lyrics of their song.

 

"Non-stop calls buggin I don't mean to. I'm sick of all these sequals, I just want to see you." Yoochun spoke, gazing into Junsu's eyes.

 

"You're my other half." Junsu wrapped his arms around Yoochun even more tightly.

 

"We're each other's equal." Yoochun insisted, gazing at Junsu with love-filled eyes.

 

"So I ain't gon' stop until this problems solved because I need to,"  Junsu rested his forehead against Yoochun's, bringing both men a step closer.

 

"I need you." Yoochun finished, moving his lips towards Junsu's and ending their recitation with a kiss.

 

Junsu closed his eyes as the feeling of love overwhelmed him, washing away all his fears and insecurities.

 

"I love you." 

 

Yoochun smiled as their fingers were intertwined with each other's as love embraced the pair.

 

He finally got the answer he wanted.

 

Author's Note: The lyrics are from the song "I Love You" from their album In The Beginning. :D Thought it suited them really well so I used them in here. Haha. And omg, I have 92 subscribers on this fic now? @.@ This is so insane! Thanks for all the support man! O.O *shocked* Anyway, for those of you who wanted an update, here's finally one. Aren't you all glad? HAHA :P