Chapter 23

The Phone Call

 

Yunho stared into Jaejoong's eyes as they parted, their lips connected with nothing more than a single strand of saliva. Words were unnecessary as the pair exited the car silently, scrambling over each other with hands intertwined tightly, neither wanting to let the other party go.


It was a whole full minute before the silence was broken and the reality started to seep in. The fear was gone immediately and the joy settled in. Yunho smiled. He could not help it. He was here now. He was holding Jaejoong's hands in his. He had reconciled with Jaejoong. Jaejoong was now his. They were together as one. They were YunJae.


At this instant, the sound of abrupt peals of laughter broke his concentration and Yunho turned and stared at Jaejoong in bemusement. Perhaps Jaejoong caught onto the fact at the same time as he did, or perhaps his lover was just being the weird self he always was. He did not know that for sure but somehow, his gut instinct told him that they both were thinking of the same thing. They were both thinking that they were finally back in each other's arms again.


"You know, this feels like we're dating all over again, doesn't it?" Yunho smiled as he swung his arm along with Jaejoong's, dancing to an invisible rhythm only known to the pair, "Feels like it's our first love."


Jaejoong laughed in response, tugging Yunho closer to him by the arm around his waist.


"First love?" he mocked, "We're all way too old to be eligible for first love, Yunnie ah. You do realise that right?"


He shook his head, unable to believe that his boyfriend could be so hopelessly romantic and foolish at the same time. Yunho pouted.


"What's wrong with having a young heart?" he protested, "This way we're old in age but young in appearance!"


Jaejoong laughed again, silencing all retorts that Yunho had. Sulking, Yunho turned away from him, his eyes kept on the path ahead of him, discouraging any conversations from Jaejoong's end. Jaejoong sighed.


"Fine. This can be our new anniversary then. This shall be the new beginning of JaeHo!"


A frown on Yunho's face showed his displeasure at Jaejoong's idea and the pair remained in silence as they reached the lift lobby, hands still interlocked with each other's. Finally, Yunho spoke.


"Why Jaeho?" he objected, "Shouldn't it be YunJae? Everyone knows I top you, not the other way around."


"Yes," Jaejoong nodded his head in agreement, "But I'm the one calling the shots in the our relationship, not you. Since I'm more dominant over you, it's Jaeho and not the other way round."


"But I top in !" Yunho insisted, "I'm the seme and-"


"And I'm the uke," Jaejoong interrupted, exasperation written all over his face, "but is the defining factor in a relationship? Does it matter who's uke and seme in ?"


Yunho blushed, his face flushed with shame. The logic of Jaejoong's reasoning was indisputable and Yunho found himself at a loss of words. Guilty for making such a big fuss out of nothing, Yunho remained silent as the lift descended from the 5th storey to the 1st, his embarrassment sealing his lips tight.


The door clicked and the lift sounded before the doors opened, revealing the empty space within. Quietly, Jaejoong and Yunho walked in, their hands connected as they stood side by side, the lift doors slowly closing as Jaejoong pressed the 13th storey button, the floor at which he lived on.


With neither saying a word to break the silence, Yunho could only stare at the floorboards beneath as his thoughts ran amok, every possible bad situation coming to mind. Tapping his other free hand against the pocket of his jeans, Yunho let out a puff of air breathlessly as he mentally counted the number of storeys they had left before they both could exit the lift they were in and leave the awkward silence behind.


9 more storeys to go. Yunho sighed. How could he be so foolish! They had just gotten back together and he just had to ruin such a happy moment because of his stupid useless pride. Yunho cried. Did it truly mattered if their couple names was YunJae or JaeHo? Did it matter at all? Was not the most important thing of it all the reunion of  two halves Yunho and Jaejoong? How could he be so dumb?


Sighing for the second time of the day, Yunho mentally counted the number of floor tiles left beneath his feet as he tried to ignore the visualization of the previous heated moments in the car running through his mind. Finally after succumbing to the temptation, Yunho sneaked a peek at Jaejoong, wanting to gauge his reaction or anger levels.


He was in for a surprise. Jaejoong was not even mad at him. In fact, Jaejoong was just stoning there and staring into air, his face a complete blank except for the slight tug at the end of his lips. Smiling at Jaejoong, Yunho placed a kiss on his cheeks, startling Jaejoong out of his reverie and turning Jaejoong's attention to his lover before him.


"Say," Yunho chuckled as he watched Jaejoong's cheeks turned red at being caught daydreaming, "What are you thinking of again?"


Jaejoong blushed harder. Swatting Yunho's hands away, Jaejoong broke off the connection between them, leaving a huge distance between them as he scooted over to the other side of the lift, lowering his head to the ground.


"N-nothing," Jaejoong spluttered a reply, a hint of panic detected in his voice.


Yunho laughed, his chuckles echoing in the elevator they were in.


"Why so shy boo?" Yunho teased, "You were thinking of me weren't you?"


"No I wasn't!" Jaejoong protested indignantly, "Why would I think of you when you're right beside me?"


"Cause I'm hot and you're weird?" Yunho replied, earning him a smack from Jaejoong as he hit him on the back following Yunho's comment. 

 
"Are you always this thick skinned?" Jaejoong uttered, staring at Yunho disbelievingly.

 
"So says the violent one.." Yunho retorted, earning a few more smacks from Jaejoong himself. Laughing, Jaejoong replied, his face wearing a smug grin.

 
"Have you forgotten about One Touch, Yunnie?" he said, "The harder I hit you, the more I love you dear."
 

Yunho's laughter echoed Jaejoong's, "Of course I remember One Touch. You and uri maknae Changmin wouldn't stop.."
 

Yunho's voice died out abruptly, his face soon turning to one of masked horror.


"Changmin..." he whispered in fear as he whipped out his phone, flipping the phone screen open. 12 missed calls with intervals of barely a minute apart. Oh no. He was dead. He was so so dead.


"Yunnie?" Jaejoong questioned, worry barely concealed in his voice, "What's wrong?"


Yunho shook his head.


"Changmin."


He uttered before informing Jaejoong about his will and instructing him on what was to be done with his possessions after his death.

 

Author's Note: Thanks to fairytael for looking through this for me. ^^ Now, this isn't the last chapter okay? There'll be around 2-3 more chapters before this story ends so thanks for sticking with me all this while. :DD I'M REALLY SORRY FOR THE LONG UPDATE OK? :( I have a whole load of tests and exams piled together so my time for writing fics are cut short by a lot. :( GOMEI!! T^T I promise I will end this fic before September! :) Thanks for your patience and understanding. :D Love you readers! :D