Chapter 14

The Phone Call

 

"So you two love birds finally got together huh? Can we finally solve the problem of YunJae now?" Changmin remarked from the open doorway, startling the kissing pair.

 

"Changmin?" 

 

Yoochun stared at the man before him in surprise. What was he doing here? In Jaejoong hyung's house no less? How did he even get into the house?

 

Changmin sighed at the frozen expression of shock on Yoochun's face.

 

"I got in through the front door and didn't break my way in so don't look so surprised Yoochun hyung," Changmin commented exasperatedly, "Honestly, one would think that you'll be happy to finally see me after many-"

 

Changmin's sentence got cut off midway just as Junsu recovered from Changmin's sudden appearance and dashed forward, hugging Changmin tight.

 

"Ouch hyung," Changmin mumbled as he struggled to get out of Junsu's embrace, "you're strangling me. I can't breathe here."

 

"Shut up," Junsu retorted, before he broke the embrace off abruptly and punched Changmin hard on the shoulder instead.

 

"What took you so long?" 

 

Changmin laughed. Yoochun's face still wore an expression of disbelief while Junsu was currently glaring daggers at him. He had thought that after many years of separation their personalities would have changed due to the turmoil of events that they had experienced. Yet, they had proven him wrong once again. Despite the torrents of time, they had not changed in the least. Yoochun was still slow to react and Junsu was still ridiculously impulsive and petty.

 

"For once I really don't mind being wrong." Changmin mumbled to himself as he observed Junsu's red flushed face which indicated a rant was about to begin, "Some things really don't change huh?"

 

"Yes some things really don't change! Like you Shim Changmin!" Junsu's voice zoomed back to focus as Changmin watched the veins on Junsu's forehead bulged, "You really don't know how to call before coming do you? A message, a call, hell, even two words, "I'm coming" would have been nice. Yet, you just randomly appear on our doorstep and expect us to welcome you with open arms. What the hell are you thinking Shim Changmin!"

 

"I'm thinking that if you don't shut up now the veins on your forehead will probably explode." Changmin answered honestly, smirking as Junsu's eyes widened and his face flushed even deeper, turning into a bright shade of red that reminded Changmin of tomatoes.

 

"Yah!" Junsu screamed, charging at Changmin like a bull towards a red flag. Without hardly any effort, Changmin side stepped Junsu's punches, swatting Junsu off as though he was some insignificant fly buzzing around him.

 

"You.." Junsu panted as he gave up trying to hit Changmin, "when did you get so strong?"

 

Instantly, the smile on Changmin's face vanished and his face stiffened, memories of carrying a drunken Yunho from bars and pubs flashing in his mind.

 

"When being strong was the only option left." Changmin said, breaking the tense silence that was between them as Changmin drowned in the past memories three years ago.

 

"Anyway," he continued, "get Yoochun hyung to stop being a statue will you? I'm not the only one who came here today."

 

"What do you mean?" Junsu frowned as Changmin's face turned to one of grim determination.

 

"I mean, get Yoochun hyung back to reality, Junsu hyung. There are finally gonna be some answers to those questions you've been wanting to ask all this while. Are you going to let this opportunity pass or are you going to get your out of here?"

 

"Wh-"

 

Junsu's voice died on his lips as he saw another figure appeared behind Changmin; a woman he had not seen in such a long time. Those familiar gray strands of hair, those few wrinkles that marked her pale skin, the smile that she always seem to wore when she saw the five of them together.. The unmistakable sign that she was proud of their achievements...

 

"Eomonim," Junsu uttered in disbelief before quickly bowing in greeting as he recognized the woman before him. It was the same woman who had given birth to the only leader in his heart: Jung Yunho

 

Fortunately, the sudden presence of Yunho's mother seemed to knock Yoochun out of his trance and he too bowed deeply as Yunho's mother continued to stare at them, eyes never leaving the two of them.

 

"You two have become skinnier," she finally proclaimed after a while, staring distastefully at their lean figures, "Come. I've prepared snacks for you outside. Let's shift to the living room."

 

Yoochun looked at Junsu, his face puzzled, as Yunho mother's left the room, trusting them to follow her.

 

"What's going on here?" Yoochun mouthed to Junsu who merely shrugged his shoulders in reply.

 

"I don't know." Junsu mouthed back, eyebrows frowning as the sound of footsteps of Yunho's mother faded into the living room.

 

"Then follow her and you'll know." Changmin remarked, unable to believe that his hyungs would hesitate in following Yunho's mother. 

 

"But-"

 

"She called me," Changmin interrupted Junsu's rambling, "She told me that she had something important to say to all of us. That it would explain the reason why Yunho hyung did what he did back then. I don't know about you but I think it's time for answers don't you?"

 

"But I thought you knew? Didn't Yunho tell you anything?" Yoochun questioned, eliciting a slight chuckle from Changmin.

 

"Since when does Yunho tells anyone except Jaejoong hyung anything, Yoochun hyung?" Changmin spoke in return, "Since when?"

 

Yoochun sensed the bitterness in Changmin's voice as Changmin's eyes darkened, the pain barely veiled in his eyes.

 

"I wish he'll tell me sometimes," Changmin whispered softly as Yoochun laid his hand on Changmin's shoulder in comfort, "I wish he'll tell me so that he don't have to shoulder all those burdens alone."

 

Yoochun and Junsu nodded in reply.

 

"Jaejoong hyung is like that too." Junsu spoke, "Always keeping quiet about the things that hurt him the most.. Sometimes, I really feel like punching him in the face till he spills everything on what's bothering him."

 

Changmin chuckled.

 

"That's why they're so suited together huh?" he commented, "Anyway, Junsu hyung and Yoochun hyung, you shouldn't keep Eomonim waiting. Go to the living room first. I'll join you guys later."

 

"What? Where are you going?" Junsu blurted out in anxiety. They just met and barely spent time with one another again, how could Changmin leave so soon? He had not even met Jaejoong yet!


"Idiot." Changmin scolded as he caught a hint of panic in Junsu's eyes, "I'm just going to go drag another dumb idiot hyung out. I'm not leaving for anywhere." Changmin said as he walked out of Yoochun's room, leaving a dumbfounded Junsu and a contemplating Yoochun behind.

 

"Oh and by the way," Changmin's head popped by the hall way abruptly, causing Junsu and Yoochun to jump in fright.

 

"Congratulations." Changmin uttered, sincerity written all over his face. "You two are great together."

 

Junsu and Yoochun smiled in return.

 

It'll be more than 'great' when we're five together again.

 

Author's Note: YAY! An update! :D Wooohoooo~ ^^