Chapter 21

The Phone Call

 

Jaejoong walked into the restaurant, his footsteps echoing down the hallway. His eyes shifted left and right as he entered the room he was ushered in, his footsteps stilled in the presence of the man he wanted to meet for years. 

 

For years, he had imagined their reunion and wondered how it would be like. Still, nothing prepared him for the sight of his lover that was sitting before him. His head was bandaged and the long slender fingers that used to feel him were tapping anxiously on the table surface. Like him, Yunho was staring back at him, eyes filled with hurt, pain and confusion.

 

Wait. Confusion?

 

Jaejoong raised his eyebrows as he tried to suppress the rage that was threatening to overwhelm him. How dare he be confused? He was not the one who literally had the whole world stripped away from him. For years, he had believed that Yunho had left him because he had stopped loving him and now with the recent testimonies he was given, it was revealed that Yunho never did stop loving him. How was he supposed to react now? How was he supposed to feel?

 

The tears began streaming down his face before he could stop them and Jaejoong shied away, turning his back towards Yunho. He would not give him the satisfaction of seeing his tears. He knew as well as Yunho did that it would be seen as a sign of submission and Jaejoong was not intending to lose this battle of dominance.

 

He could feel Yunho sigh behind him before he got up and shut the door, leaving them both alone in the same space. Saying nothing, Yunho sat back down, staring at Jaejoong's back. Puzzled, Jaejoong turned, meeting Yunho's gaze. What was Yunho up to? Normally, Yunho would be embracing him and wiping away his tears by now. Yet, all he did was to shut the door, as though he was embarrassed by Jaejoong's tears.

 

"Don't over think. I merely wanted to give us some privacy."

 

Yunho's statement broke Jaejoong's muse of thoughts and Jaejoong glared back at him, angry at himself that he was so easily read by Yunho till now. Grabbing the kettle of tea that was in front of him, Jaejoong poured a cup of hot tea for himself, chugging it down his throat. Then, he slammed the cup on the table and met Yunho's eyes defiantly.

 

"So what the hell do you want?"

 

Yunho pursed his lips in disapproval. He had never liked the expletives that came out of Jaejoong's mouth. Taking the kettle, he too poured a cup of tea for himself as the brown liquid swirled in his cup, the steam from the hot tea masking his face.

 

"Why are you even here?" he asked.

 

Jaejoong smirked. A question answered with another question, a tactic typical of Jung Yunho. It was an old trick down the book, used especially for deflecting nosy reporters and journalists. Did he really think he could be that easily fooled? Jaejoong smiled. Yunho's intelligence must be seriously lacking if that was the case.

 

"If you're not going to answer my question then I don't see the point in this meeting do you? Goodbye."

 

Jaejoong got to his feet and walked to the door. He was about to open it when a pair of hands clasped over his and the figure embraced him from behind, stopping him in his tracks.

 

"Damn it Jae. I'm sorry okay? Just don't leave."

 

His whispers sent chills down Jaejoong's spine and Jaejoong could detect the sense of despair hidden in Yunho's words. Jaejoong breathed, his nostrils inhaling the scent of Yunho's cologne. He knew what smell it was instantly. It was his favorite cologne, not Yunho's. He had spotted the cologne when they were on vacation on their trip to Paris with the rest of their members. He had fell in love with it then and forced Yunho to wear that brand since. He never knew that Yunho followed his orders till the very end.

 

"Why?" Jaejoong questioned, his voice trembling in the tight space between them, "Why the break up?"

 

Silence enveloped the pair and Jaejoong was left staring at the door before him, waiting for Yunho to reply. Seconds passed and time ticked by. Finally, Jaejoong decided he had enough. Struggling out of Yunho's embrace, Jaejoong tried to reach the door knob before him, attempting to twist it open.

 

The hands around him tightened, leaving his hands an inch away from the doorknob's grasp. Jaejoong shouted in frustration. Biting Yunho, Jaejoong kicked and flailed his arms around as he frantically tried to reach the object before him, his tears streaming down his face rapidly. Still, Yunho's grip never relented and Jaejoong was left to stare at his only means of escape in despair as he soon realised that struggling was futile. Glaring at the hands that embraced him, Jaejoong cursed his height once more. If he was slightly taller, he would have been able to reach the doorknob and get out of this place. Now, he was left sandwiched between Yunho and the door, his only means of escape blocked.

 

"Just what do you want?" Jaejoong asked, his back slumped against Yunho's, "You arranged this meeting yet you're answering none of my questions. Then what do you expect of this?"

 

Jaejoong's voice died at the end and his tears became apparent once again. Like a broken tap, they came rolling down his eyes as Yunho spun him around, his tearful eyes finally meeting his apologetic ones.

 

"What do you want from me?" Jaejoong continued, "You tell me you want to break up with me three years ago then proceed to ignore every call and text I sent you. Now, three years later, when I'm finally ready to move on with my life, your mother comes and tell me that you love me all along. Just how the hell am I supposed to react to all this?"

 

"Am I supposed to reply that I love you too and we both will be like princes in fairy tales who have a happily ever after ending? Is that what you're expecting Jung Yunho? If that's what you're thinking then I'm telling you you can desert that fantasy right now. There's a reason why fairy tales remain in books and never turn into reality. That's because they never come ing true!"

 

Jaejoong slammed his fists into Yunho's chest in anger, his face contorted into an expression of fury.

 

"You tell me you love me. Yet you broke up with me. You tell me you'll never leave me. Yet you left me to fend for myself in the lawsuit. All that you've told me had been nothing but lies, how am I supposed to trust you from now on? How am I supposed to know if whatever word you say from now on can be trusted. And this letter.."

 

Jaejoong broke the embrace and took the letter out, throwing it into Yunho's face.

 

"What's the meaning of this? Are you telling me to hold onto you? Are you really that arrogant? Who do you think you are? Do you really think I will love you for the rest of my life? There are so many people out there who actually want me you know? I don't need you at all! Not one single bit!"

 

Jaejoong shouted before he stormed out of the room, leaving Yunho alone in the room. Pushing the restaurant doors open, he strode to his car, opening the side door and slamming it behind him. Damn that Yunho for getting him riled up! All he wanted was answers, yet he could not even give that to him. What did he take him for? A desperate man who would not let go of him no matter what? Yunho was dead wrong then. If he did not know how to treasure and appreciate his love, then he was done. He was ing done. Jung Yunho could leave his life as far as he was concerned. He did not deserve a man like him. Starting his engine, Jaejoong locked his gears in place, preparing to drive away from the place would not mean a thing to him from now on. It was time for some soju and alcohol to do the rest of the talking. He was going to get wasted the moment he reached home and forget everything that had to do with Jung Yunho. He was going to move on.

 

At least, that was the plan that Jaejoong had in mind until he was forced to slam his brakes when said person stopped directly in front of his car with his hands wide open. Opening the door, Jaejoong was about to scold Yunho and possibly kill him when he realized the crowd that was slowly beginning to form around them. Dragging Yunho into the car, Jaejoong slammed the side doors behind him and sped away once again, deserting the crowd of fan girls behind him.

 

"Are you out of your mind?" Jaejoong gritted his teeth as he kept his eyes on the road. "What possessed you to stand right in the way of a moving car? Even if you have a suicidal wish, don't stand right in the way of my moving car! Are you trying to get me sued? Haven't you done enough damage to me?"

 

Yunho winced. He did not know what he was doing either. He just knew he had to stop Jaejoong from leaving and so he had reacted. Following his instincts, he threw himself in the way of Jaejoong's car and blocked the only road he could leave in. He never thought of the possibility that Jaejoong's car would not brake on time. There was simply no time for such thoughts.

 

Jaejoong sighed in frustration at the silence he was receiving. Slamming his steering wheel for the second time of the day, he turned to Yunho, his eyes boring into Yunho's dole brown ones.

 

"You have all the time from the journey to my house to explain what the you're doing and what the hell you want from me. But be warned, this is your last chance Jung. Screw it and we're over."

 

Yunho gulped at the sight of Jaejoong's anger, his hands trembling as he let loose the breath he held subconsciously.

 

Jaejoong had raised the stakes high and the game had now begun. It was either he made it or break it and somehow Yunho knew he only had one option available in front of him. He had to make it. The alternative was too horrible to even be imagined. Staring out of the car's windscreen, Yunho sighed. 

 

It was indeed a rough road ahead.

 

Author's Note: Now, you didn't think Jaejoong would let him off easily, did you? Jae's called Jae for a reason HAHA! It's all up to Yun now to win Jaejoong's heart back. He better inch up or risk losing Jaejoong forever haha. This story just gets more and more interesting to write. :) Now even I'm excited! ^^ And thanks to galadura for suggesting Taxi to me and thanks to bluerose_24 for the song suggestions. :) It worked somehow. :) Thank you. Now it's 4.21am here and I need to go to bed before my father starts nagging at me again. Bye guys! Enjoy reading~