The Incident

I Switched Bodies With A Jerk

Grey Text - Flashback is occuring

~*~*~*~

"I do have parents..." Daehyun replied. "But, I won't tell about them... unless you tell me about your family."

You bit the bottom of your lip and you sighed in defeat, "Ok..." You spoke. "You win."

Daehyun gave a small smirk and he nodded giving the signal that he will listen to what you have to say. You took a deep breath and you slowly start to explain everything to him. "Alot of stuff has happened in the past, and the life I have now... I honestly like how the way things are." You said as you glanced out the window with a sad look on your face.

As you slowly start to explain the things to Daehyun, plenty of flashbacks has start to come to your mind. "I'll start from the beginning, 10 years ago... that was when the beginning of my life start to change." You start to explain.

~*~*~*~

~10 years ago~

"Appa!!!!" You called out happily as he finally came home from work.

You notice the smile of your father as you rushed up to him and hugged him tightly. "Aigoo~" Your dad cooed at you. "Did you miss me so much princess?"

"Nae!" You smiled happily at him.

"10 years ago, I actually did had a parent before and it was my dad. I was so happy to see him every time he comes home from work." You explained as you remembered how happy you were with your father. "He was the only man I admire so much, and as for my unnie... she has taken care of me since birth."

"What happened to your mom?" Daehyun asked curiously.

When you heard the word "mom", your smile faded away and you held back your tears the best you can. "She died..." You slowly answered. "She died when I was at age 4 and unnie was only 10."

Daehyun made a sad look and he sighed, "I'm sorry..."

"N-No..." You suddenly stuttered. "It's ok." You lightly smiled at him. "Anyways..."

As you were hugging your father tightly, your sister, Hani was walking down the stairs and notice that you were hugging your father tightly. "Appa!" Hani happily called out as she rushed up to your father and did the same exact thing.

Your father almost fell back but, he laughed as he was happy to see you and your sister. "Did Hani take care of my princess well?" Your father asked as he was messing with Hani's hair.

Hani giggled at your father and she smiled widely, "Nae! ~~~~~~ is the best little sister ever!"

"Aww... unnie!" You smiled at her as you hugged her tightly.

Hani smiled and patted your head and she hugged you tightly pulling you more closer to her.

Just remembering about that flashback, it made you miss the fun times on how you and Hani were so close. You guys were like the best of friends and you guys would always be so happy that whenever your dad comes home, you guys usually would have a race on who would hug him first. All your life, you would always depend on Hani until 5 years later...

~5 years later~

"Park, Hani what the hell were you thinking?!" Your father suddenly yelled.

You woke up from the sound of your father yelling and you decided to see what's going on. You slowly got out of your bed and quietly open the door and tiptoe near the stairs trying to get a view of  your father and Hani arguing. "Appa, you just don't understand." Hani said as she crossed her arms at him and pouted.

"Understand what?!" Your father suddenly shouted at Hani.

You notice her eyes grew and she slowly start to become pale. You were quietly watching the 2 of them argue since you have no clue what was going on. "Appa! It's not my fault that I love him!" Hani said as she started to cry.

"You're only 15. You don't know what that boy would do!" Your father shouted at Hani.

The argue start to get more intense and you were quietly just watching them. You were gripping on to the railings of the stairs and you made a sad look. You hate seeing the both of them argue like this. The only person that you needed at the moment was your mother. Umma... You sadly called out in your mind.

"To be honest, I didn't know that this type of situation would happen." You mentioned. "My sister got pregnant at the age of 15 and my father got mad at her. I understand that she was in love with him, but honestly... even though I was 9 years old... I didn't even trust him as well."

"So what happened?" Daehyun asked curiously as he gave a caring expression to you.

"She ran out..." You answered quietly. "I haven't seen her ever since... until now. Just seeing my unnie again, its awkward. I sense a bad vibe with her."

"Well..." Daehyun mentioned. "Your unnie is just trying to prove that she's growing up."

"She had a kid at 15!" You bitterly blurted out. "Well... kind of."

"What you mean?" Daehyun asked curiously.

"When she left the house... she got into a car accident with her boyfriend." You explained. "My sister would have died, but instead her child was the one who saved her life."

"Oh..." Daehyun said in a gloomy tone. "I'm sorry..."

"Aniyo..." You said as you didn't want Daehyun to be sad as well. "It's already over, what happens in the past... it stays in the past." You fakely smiled at Daehyun.

You notice Daehyun was giving you a worried look. As you were staring at his current expression, your smile slowly faded away and you start to feel your heart aching. "So, yeah... if you think I was Ms. Perf... I'm honestly not." You sadly spoke. "I'm just an oridinary girl, who can also have life problems as well."

"What happened after the car accident?" Daehyun suddenly asked in a serious tone.

"My sister never came back to my father. She decided to move in with her boyfriend and start a new life together. She would always try to keep in contact with me, but I would always ignore her because I can't see her the same way again." You sighed sadly. "I wouldn't mind talking to her, it's just my father... he force me not to talk to Hani unnie anymore due to her huge change."

"You know you don't have to listen to him ~~~~~." Daehyun said.

"I know, but I can also feel that bad vibe around her." You mentioned. "It's better to leave things the way they are Daehyun-ah."

Daehyun lightly nodded and sighed, "Well since you told your story I guess it's time for mine."

~*~*~*~

"My life is not that much to tell honestly." Daehyun explained. "I kinda did have a normal life, I was born in Busan before I moved her in Korea. I actually did have a happy life with both of my parents and my little sister Mihi."

"Things did start out great but, things start to happen... lately both of my parents have been arguing a lot that my father decided to have a divorce with my mom. I would have stand up and say no to the both of them because they can't leave me and Mihi behind, but... no one didn't listen to me and continue what they are doing. Once the divorce was official, my father just left my mother right away and never came back without saying a word. It was kind of sad but... that was when my mother decided to move to Korea." He explained.

"Oppa!!!!!" Mihi happily called out to Daehyun.

"Mwo?" Daehyun asked as he notice his little sister rushing up to him. He happily picked her up right away and set her down on his lap. "Why are you calling me so happily? Did something good happened?" 

"Nae oppa!" Mihi smiled widely. "I have a boyfriend at school!"

As Daehyun was drinking his glass of water, he automatically spit it out and his jaw dropped at his little sister. "MWO?!" Daehyun shouted out. "Who is he?! Yah! Mihi-ah! You're too young to have a boyfriend!"

"Eh..." Mihi said as she pouted at Daehyun. "Wae oppa?!?! Well... he's not my boyfriend but I do have a crush on him!" Mihi happily smiled at her older brother.

"Aniyo!" Daehyun said as he remove Mihi from his lap and got up to get more water. "I disapprove. Mihi, you're not allow to be in a relationship."

"Oppa!" Mihi start to whine. "You're so mean to me." She pouted.

Daehyun glanced at his little sister and widely smiled at her and ruffled her hair. "Aigoo, even though you do your aegyos at me... it's not going to work dongseang-ah." He chuckled.

"Oppa!" Mihi shouted as she hate being teased by her older brother.

"Yah! What are you guys talking about?" Daehyun's mom asked as she walked in between the 2 conversation.

"Umma! Daehyun-oppa won't let me have a boyfriend!" Mihi said as she rushed up to her mom and hugged her.

"Boyfriend?!" Daehyun's mom gasped as her eyes grew. "Yah! Mihi-ah, you're too young for a relationship!"

"Umma! Not you too!" Mihi pouted.

Daehyun laughed at Mihi's personality and he glanced over at his umma. His mom was giving him a small smile and she walked up to him and ruffled his hair. "Aigoo, Daehyun what have you been teaching your sister." His mom scolded at him.

"Honestly, nothing umma." Daehyun chuckled.

"It's honestly not getting to the point on how you are living alone now." You mentioned.

"Yah!" Daehyun said as he glared at you. "I am getting to that part. Just reminiscing those memories, I honestly miss those happy times that we used to have together. It would have kept going on... but something happened to my mom."

Daehyun exchanged his cheerful expression to a depressed one. He start to grip on to the steering wheel and he slowly took a deep breath, "One time when I came home for school, I saw my mom unconscious on the floor..."

Daehyun came home from school. He opened the door and shouted, "I'm home~" As he was smiling widely, he suddenly stopped and his smile faded. 

He quickly dropped his stuff quickly rushed over to what he was seeing. "Umma!" He shouted as he ran up to her. Daehyun spotted his mom unconscious on the ground and as he rushed up to her he notice how high her temperature was. "Umma! Are you ok?!' Daehyun asked in a frighten tone.

"Daehyun-ah..." His mom slowly whispered in pain.

"Umma! It's going to be ok." Daehyun said as he was panicking. He quickly got up and rushed over to the house phone and called the ambulance.

~*~*~*~

As the ambulance finally came, Mihi just got home from school and saw the incident. "Oppa!" Mihi worriedly called out. "What happened?! Where's umma?!"

Daehyun's face was pale and he silently ignored his sister's question. "Yah! Oppa!" Mihi shouted as she was about to cry.

Daehyun quietly just stood there and grab a hold of Mihi's hand and start to hop in the ambulance where his mom was laying down on a stretcher still unconscious. As they were on the way to the hospital, Daehyun was constantly staring at his umma who was unconscious still. The paramedics are doing the best they can to help Daehyun and Mihi's mom. Mihi was clinging on to Daehyun's arm and she already had tears flowing down.

As they arrived at the hospital, Mihi was holding on to her mother's hand tightly. Daehyun was watching her crying and praying hoping that she would be ok. The doctor suddenly arrived and notice the 2 kids in the room. "Ok, so I know the problem with your umma." The doctor said as he rushed in.

"What is it?" Mihi sniffed as she notice the doctor arrived.

"Your mother does have a severe fever due to an allergic reaction. Is she allergic to anything?" The doctor asked Daehyun curiously.

"Not that I recall of?" Daehyun said in a confused tone.

"Well it could possibly be an allergic reaction. But don't worry we will try to fix it the best we can." The doctor said as he gave them a confident smile and walked away.

"And did she survived?" You sadly asked as you were about to cry from hearing this story as well."

"Ani..." Daehyun slowly nodded as a tear slowly came down. "The surgery wasn't enough for her that she died right in front of me and Mihi."

"I'm sorry..." You sadly spoke as you lightly wiped your tears. You didn't want to cry in front of him and you slowly tried to hold it in.

"Once she died, both me and Mihi didn't even know what to do." Daehyun mentioned. "So, I decided to call my grandparents from Busan and told them to pick up Mihi."

The car slowly pulled up in front of Daehyun's house and Daehyun was setting Mihi's luggage at the front of the car. His grandparents both walked out of the car and they both gave a warm smile at Daehyun. "Daehyun, long time no see. His grandma said as she slowly walked up to him and hugged him.

"Annyeonghaseayo halmeoni." Daehyun said as he gave a light smile and hugged his grandma tight.

His grandma gave Daehyun a soft look since she knew what happened to her own daughter. She has been through a lot stress lately because of that, but she now knows that she's in a better place. "Is Mihi ready to go?" Daehyun's grandpa asked as he was about to pick up Mihi's luggage.

"Molla..." Daehyun shrugged. "I'll go check."

Daehyun left both of his grandparents behind and walked back inside his house and start to call out for his little sister. "Yah! Mihi are you ready to go?" Daehyun called out.

He notice that there was no reply from Mihi... he gave a curious look and slowly walked up the stairs and go to Mihi's room. The door was a little bit open and Daehyun could see light coming out a bit. He slowly pushed the door and spotted Mihi sitting on her bed crying. "Mihi..." Daehyun called out sadly as he notice her crying.

Mihi glanced over at Daehyun revealing her puffy red eyes to him. She sniffed and wiped all her tears. "Oppa..." She sniffed.

"Aigoo..." Daehyun sighed as he slowly walked up to her and sat next to her on her bed. "You know you have to go."

"Andwae!" Mihi denied as she nodded her head sideways. "Andwaeyo! I don't wanna leave oppa behind!"

Daehyun slowly start to feel his heart slowly breaking apart because he didn't want to lose his sister either. "Dongseang-ah... no matter how much you don't want to leave me... in the end you just have to go." Daehyun sighed sadly.

"Andwae!" Mihi denied again. "Oppa! Jebal... I don't wanna go with halmeoni and halabeoji!" She sniffed. "Jebal... oppa please let me stay with you."

Daehyun bit the bottom of his lip. He was trying to hold back his tears the best he can. He really hate crying in front of his little sister, he slowly looked away from her showing her that he can't let her stay by his side. He lost both of his parents, and now he doesn't want to lose her. The best way to not lose her is to bring her back to Busan.

Mihi knew what Daehyun's answer was and she slowly got up from her bed and start to walk outside. Daehyun watched her walk away and a tear slid down his cheek. He slowly got up from Mihi's bed and head outside saying his farewell to her.

"Are you planning on seeing her again?" You asked curiously as you notice how puffy Daehyun's eyes start to get.

"Molla..." He stuttered as his voice starts to crack.

Daehyun was parked on the side since he didn't want to cause a car accident with you and him. From the topic that you guys are talking about now, it slowly made you guys closer. You stared at Daehyun as you notice how much he was trying to hold his tears. She lightly gave a smile at Daehyun, "You know... if you want to cry... you can."

Daehyun glanced over at you and notice your lightly smile. "~~~~..." Daehyun lightly gasped.

"Don't worry, it's ok to cry." You smiled at him. "Even though you can be a jerk, you're actually pretty tough to survive what you're going through."

Daehyun start to have tears and out of nowhere he listened to your words and start to cry. You notice how hard it was for him to survive through his past. You start to wrap your arms around in the car and bring him closer to you. As you pulled Daehyun closer, you lay his head on your chest hugging him tight. You couldn't believe that the topic you guys talked about changed the both of you guys so much. "Gwenchanayo Daehyun-ah... I'm here for you..." You said as you lightly gave a smile at Daehyun.

You comfort Daehyun the best you can and you start to join him in his crying session as well. After an hour of crying, both of you guys decided to go home and end the day that way. As you arrived at home, you slowly walked up to Daehyun's room and fell back from his bed staring at his ceiling. You didn't know what happened today, but from the painfulness coming from your heart, you slowly doze off to sleep waiting for a new day to start once again.