The Past Comes Back

I Switched Bodies With A Jerk

The next day after the date, you woke up in your own bed feeling exhausted from last night. You slowly stretched and let out a yawn and as you slowly got up from your bed you start to look around wondering what day it was today. You looked over and notice the stuffed giant panda that Daehyun have gave you last night and you have forgotten all about it. You tilt your head curiously as you start to wonder, What the heck is this giant panda doing in my room?

You examine the panda for a long time until you finally start to remember. Just thinking about Daehyun it made your pulse rise. You never felt this way before, but last night it slowly made you realize that you actually may have fallen for Daehyun, you just feel confused at the moment. Etteokke?! You thought to yourself in panic. Was it really all just a dream?! Last night felt so real though... aish! What's wrong with me?!

You ruffled your hair and it suddenly became messy since you didn't know what was up with yourself today. You flopped down your bed having a pillow stuffed in your face since you feel like you're going crazy. Your phone suddenly rang and you gently reached your arm for the phone and answer it by putting it on speaker. "Hello..." You groaned.

"What is up with you in the morning?" The familar voice asked over the phone.

You quickly sat up on your bed as soon as you recognize that voice. You grabbed your phone and you start to read the contact name revealing that it was Daehyun. "Ah, Daehyun... why did you call?" You quickly got back into your senses.

"Jeez, you ok? You have been acting kind of weird." Daehyun said as he notice the tone of your voice changing.

"Me? I'm totally fine~!" You awkwardly chuckled over the phone. Stupid... stupid... You thought in your head since you didn't want to screw things up.

"Well, alright then..." Daehyun awkwardly said. "I just wanted to see how you're doing...and stuff."

"Oh..." You said. "Well things are just fine."

"That's good." Daehyun nodded.

"Yeah..." You said. You didn't know what else to say since you were feeling the awkward ness with Daehyun.

"I'll see you later ok!" Daehyun grinned happily over the phone as he hung up.

You set your phone down and you quickly started blushing and spazzing on the inside. You squealed and hide your face as you felt the fuzzy heat coming up to your face and your heart beating fast nonstop. Aish! What the heck is wrong with me?!?! You thought to yourself in a worried tone.

You quickly got up from your bed and decided to take your time getting ready. You have a feeling you're going to hang out with Daehyun later on in the day so you want to have the time to look nice for him, but at the same time you just remember that you have a day shift today so you want to keep the clothes comfy as well.

As you finish choosing your clothes, you start to walk out of your house and locked your door and start to walk over to the cafe. "Morning ~~~~~." One of the workers said as they spotted your arrival.

"Morning." You bowed at them as you start to walk over to the employee's locker room and put your things from there. You walked out while you were tying your hair up into a ponytail and you start to work throughout the day. You were serving customers and the employees were shocked on how hard you were working and how you were acting today. "Yah, do you think anything is going on with ~~~~~?" A person asked as he was watching you work hard and you were in a happy mood today.

"Possibly?" One of them shrugged as they didn't mind seeing you like this.

As you were talking to the customers and making them laugh the door suddenly open and you quickly bowed your head and welcome them with a smile. You suddenly froze as the person who stood right in front of you was your older sister. "Annyeonghasaeyo..." You said in a slow tone. You haven't really seen her for awhile and the last time you saw her was when she was working with Daehyun.

"~~~~~~..." Hani said as she was shocked to see you working.

"Please find a table to sit." You said as you walked away and start to head over to the kitchen as you start to finish up the other orders.

Hani gave a sad look and sighed, "Is everything alright?" A deeper voice asked Hani as he wrapped his arms around her.

"Y-Yeah..." Hani stuttered. "Can't we just eat somewhere else besides here?"

"Why not? This cafe is like the perfect place for a date. Every single couple suggest this place from how it looks." The guy said as he pecked Hani on the cheek."Come on, let's go find a table to sit in." He lightly held on to Hani's hand and walked her over to the table.

~*~*~*~

You walked out of the kitchen bringing out the orders for other customers and while you were caught up on the orders, you finally walked over to Hani's table and decided to take her order. "What can I get you guys?" You asked as you already got a notepad out and a pen.

"Just give me an americano and I would have one of those mango cakes over there." The guy said as he looked over and his eyes suddenly widen at your appearance. "~~~~~?"

"Hi..." You blinked, "Its been awhile since we last saw each other JunHee."

"N-Nae..." JunHee stuttered at your appearance.

"What about you Hani?" You asked as you change over your contact to her.

"I'll just have honey tea and some macaroons. Don't worry about the flavor just give me at least 3 of them." Hani said.

"Alright..." You wrote down the order and walked away leaving the 2 couple some time to talk.

JunHee nodded and he glanced over at Hani. "Yah! You never told me that your sister works here." JunHee said as he tilt his head at her.

"I didn't even know for myself honestly." Hani muttered. "Why should I even care? I left her behind and she's not even going to forgive me for it."

"Well, cause you're her older sister." JunHee said. "What is wrong with you? You always told me you wanted to fix your mistakes and here you are again doing this to your little sister."

Hani sighed and rolled her eyes, "It just surprising...honestly. Everytime I see her its like a once in a lifetime opportunity, but in the end, I just keep screwing things up like a stupid person would do."

"You can have time to fix your mistakes you know that. Its never too late." JunHee said. "Besides, she doesn't even know what actually happaned. You never told her about the incident did you?"

Hani sat there shocked speechless, she didn't know what to say and she gave a sad look. "How could I possibly tell her if she hates me at the moment?" She mumbled to herself.

~*~*~*~

You arrived back with the food that they order on your tray and set them down. As you set them down, you were about to walk away once again but, JunHee called you over, "~~~~~ wait!"

You stopped and turned over back at him with a smile on your face, "Is there anything else you need?"

"Actually...why don't you come sit with us?" JunHee insisted. "You really need to have some bonding time with your sister and I."

Your smiled faded and it turned into a ticked off look. You didn't mind sitting with them, but you had a feeling that they would want to talk about the situation so it just made you more unsure than before. "Really?" You muttered. "Do I really have to?"

"And I asked myself the same question." Hani said as she rolled her eyes at the thought and glared at JunHee.

"Aish, I really hate seeing you girls like this. Come on please sit with us." JunHee pouted at you as he pointed at the empty chair that was made for you.

You stood there with your arms crossed thinking about if you should listen to him or not. You turned over to Hani and you notice that she was annoyed and you could tell. You rolled your eyes and sluggishly just sat down on the chair joining the 2 couple. Hani was sitting silent as you decided to join the conversation and she was just silently eating her macaroons and drinking her tea.

"So, how have you been lately? How's your dad?" JunHee asked as he was trying not to make it awkward with you.

"My father is doing fine, and he still hates you like always." You said as you didn't want JunHee to know about your family life even though something happened.

"Do you still talk to him?" Hani suddenly asked since she wanted to know if her dad was doing ok.

"Lately, he has been very busy with work." You sighed. "He hasn't really been keeping contact with me lately due to his job so I wouldn't really know."

"Oh..." Hani said as she gave a sad look since she didn't know that you have been living alone and handling yourself alone the whole time.

"But, everything is ok. Its nice handling stuff on my own and dad checks on me often." You awkwardly chuckled. "What about you guys? How's my niece or nephew? You know I haven't really asked you guys about the gender since... reasons."

The conversation soon fell to a silence as Hani quickly got up from her chair and stomped away leaving you and JunHee behind. You tilt your head as you notice Hani's reaction as she walked out and you looked over at JunHee. "Did I say something wrong?" You suddenly asked as you start to become worried.

JunHee sat there silently and sighed, "It just that... it was a bad time to mention about the kid."

"What do you mean?" You asked curiously, "Did something happened?"

"Yeah..." JunHee said. "You see, your sister was really excited to have the kid, but on the day of the incident...that was the day your sister also had a miscarriage."

Your eyes grew as you heard the word "miscarriage," you didn't know how that happened but, you were surprise to hear the news. "What do you mean?" You asked as you wanted to know what happened.

"Well, after the incident of her arguing with your father and she stormed out of the house, she was driving over to my place but on the way there... a drunk driver crashed into her car and she had to go to the hospital for it. The first person she called was me so I was the first one to rush over to the hospital to see her, I did tell her to contact you and your father to come over as well but she denied it." JunHee explained. "You see, if it wasn't for the child... your sister would have been dead."

You didn't know what to say, you were shocked to see this kind of news happening. All those rough times were you mistreated your sister, you didn't know what to say. "I'm sorry..." You said as you felt your heart ache.

"You shouldn't be saying sorry to me ~~~~~, I think the best thing to do is to say sorry to your sister. This situation was between you and her. You guys used to bond so well until now, everything is slowly falling apart." JunHee said as he got up and walked away leaving you sitting on the table sulking.

~*~*~*~

Hani walked out of the cafe with tears in her eyes. She was sniffling and wiping her tears as she was standing out front at your cafe. "Gwenchana?" A voice suddenly called out to Hani.

Hani looked over with her puffy red eyes and it reveal a confuse Daehyun who arrived at the cafe just to visit you. "Oh, Daehyun-ah." She sniffed. "Are you here to visit ~~~~~?"

"Well yeah..." Daehyun said in a confused tone. "Is everything ok? Did something happened between you and ~~~~~?"

"Ani, it just something that my fiance talked about today." Hani sniffed. "You see, things start to go downhill for me once ~~~~~ started hating me. I kept many secrets from her and I know how upset she can be of me leaving her behind."

"Mind telling me what happened? ~~~~~ told me her side of the story, the last time she saw you was when you stormed out of the house and you were never heard from again." Daehyun mentioned as he remember whatyou told him a long time ago.

"Alright..." Hani nodded. "It was right after I left the house."

~*~*~*~

Hani stormed out of the house with her things in her hand and walked over to her car. She quickly took out her phone and start to dial JunHee's number. "Hello?" JunHee said over the phone.

"I'm coming over to your place JunHee-ah. My dad kicked me out of the house." Hani said as she started the car.

"Are you serious already?! I was about to go talk to him about this incident happening." JunHee said as he got up from his bed. "You want me to come over there and pick you up instead?"

"Ani, its fine... I'm already on my way." Hani said as she was already driving while the phone was on speaker.

As she was driving, there was a car that was tailgating behind and she was starting to get worried. "Alright... whatever you say... just be sure you're safe." JunHee said as he hung up the call.

Hani was driving and notice the car was speeding up, Hani gripped on the steering wheel and as soon as she saw the stop light, she stopped before entering the intersection. She sighed as she was ok driving safely and she was already halfway there to JunHee's house until the car from behind came screeching from behind and crashed into Hani's car making her pushed forward in the middle of the intersection.

Her car start to go crazy and she couldn't control it, she hit her head on the steering wheel and some of the window of her car shattered. As Hani was laying in her car seat, people got out and some of them called the police right away. "Omo! Are they alright?!" The lady asked in a worried tone.

"Somebody call an ambluance!" A man shouted as he looked over at the people.

Hani had her forehead dripping with blood and she couldn't move. She felt weak as she can see the blurry flashing lights coming in on the accident. She didn't remember anything after that until she slowly start to drift off into sleep. "Mianhae.... everyone...." Hani whispered as she knows that this might be the end for her.

~*~*~*~

Hani suddenly woke up as she saw bright white lights and she was moving fast. "The patient is losing blood fast!" One of the nurses said.

"Hani... Hani!" JunHee said as he sighed in relief. "Don't worry, you're going to be ok."

"JunHee..." Hani groaned as she felt his hand intertwining with her's.

"Its ok, you're going to be ok." JunHee said as his voice was cracking and his eyes was starting to get watery. "Once you go into the operation room I'm going to call your father and ~~~~~, they have to know that you're ok."

"Ani..." Hani quickly rejected. "Please... I don't want them to see them in my life."

"But Hani, its your father, you have to do something." JunHee said with a worried tone. "They have to know that you're ok."

"Andwae!" Hani said as she was almost at the point of shouting but, she can't. "Just let them be... it's like what you said... I'll be ok." She lightly smiled at JunHee.

JunHee stopped as Hani went into the operation room and he was panting since he ran all the way to the hospital just to see if Hani was ok. "Please... please be ok..." He whispered to himself.

A few hours later, JunHee was sitting at the waiting room. He was slouching on the chair hoping everything would be ok. It has been 3 hours already and he was already starting to get worried about Hani. The doctor suddenly walked out and right away JunHee popped up from his seat. "Doctor! Please tell me that she's ok!" JunHee said as he was gripping on to the doctor's arm.

"Relax... she's fine. Who are you?" The doctor asked as he was curious about JunHee.

"My name is JunHee, I..I'm her boyfriend." JunHee said as he lightly bowed at the doctor.

"Ah, are there any other family members for Hani?" The doctor asked curiously.

JunHee just stand there and he sighed, "Ani, today her father kicked her out and I was persuading her to let her father and her sister come, but she didn't want to from the pain she's going through."

"Its alright. I'm glad that Hani has someone that's there for her." The doctor said. "Hani is just going to be just fine, so you can relax for now."

"That's great!" JunHee said as he sighed in relief.

"But, there's a problem." The doctor said as he made JunHee pause for a moment. "It's about the unborn baby."

"What do you mean?" JunHee asked as he had a feeling its going to be bad news.

"You see, Hani wouldn't have survive if it wasn't for the child in her stomach. I'm sorry to say this but, Hani has a miscarriage." The doctor said as he gave a sad look. "The car accident was pretty bad and the only way to save Hani was to take out the kid. The baby inside her was dying anyway and there was no other way to save it. I'm so sorry..."

JunHee was shocked to hear the news. He dropped down to the ground on his knees couldn't believe at what he was hearing. All those days were him and Hani prepare for the child, what they were going to name it, and how they were going to start off asa family... it was all shattered. "It can't be..." JunHee said as he didn't want to believe it's true.

"You can actually see the paitent right now." The doctor said as he walked away leaving JunHee behind.

JunHee got up and he felt his heart ache as he didn't know what to do. He was clenching on his chest to where his heart was and he wanted to cry, but at the same time he didn't want to. He walked up to Hani's room and gently opened the door, he peeked over the room and notice that Hani was awake and she was giving a sad look. She looked over as she heard the door opened and she notice JunHee's face sticking out. "JunHee..." Hani said as she sighed in relief just to see him.

"You're ok." JunHee said as he lightly smiled at her.

"Yeah, the doctor said I'm going to be ok." Hani smiled.

JunHee walked in the room and closed the door behind him and walked up to Hani and sat on the chair that was beside her. "How are you feeling?" He asked curiously.

"Pretty good." Hani nodded. "Is everything ok?"

"Y-Yeah..." JunHee stuttered for a moment. "It just what the doctor told me."

"What he said?" Hani tilt her head.

"Well," JunHee said as he took a deep breath, "he said that you're goingto be ok... but our child didn't survive..."

Hani's eyes grew as she heard the news and she quickly shook her head. "No... no it can't be true..." Hani gasped. "JunHee, please tell me you are not lying to me!"

"Mianhae, it's the truth." JunHee muttered. "I'm sorry, I knew I should have picked you up instead because then none of this wouldn't have happened."

"Ani, it can't be true. I should have died instead of the child." Hani said as she was already pouring her tears out.

"Yah!" JunHee suddenly shouted. "Don't say that! You don't deserve to die and neither does the child. I'm just glad you're ok."

"But, the kid..." Hani sniffed. "We were so prepare to have it, now it's all gone."

"It doesn't matter Hani." JunHee said. "Child or not, you're the most important person to me instead of our child." He lightly wiped Hani's tears.

"Oppa..." Hani cried as she pulled JunHee in for a hug and start to cry in his arms.

JunHee was shock to hear the news as well and all he did was just hug Hani tighter and her hair. "It's ok... I'm never going to leave you... and that's going to be a promise..."

~*~*~*~

Daehyun gave a sad look as he heard about the whole story that Hani have told him. "I'm so sorry..." Daehyun said.

"Ani," Hani said as she smiled at Daehyun. "Its not your fault, I just wasn't careful."

"But, you lost something that was important to you and your fiance." Daehyun mentioned. "Not to mention, you also lost ~~~~~ and your father as well."

"I know..." Hani said, "You see after the miscarriage, things has been tough for me. I actually was at the point of giving up, but I didn't. JunHee stood by my side and support me nonstop and that thought me not to give up on life."

"I understand..." Daehyun sighed. "You know, if it wasn't for ~~~~~ I would have never forgive my sister. A long time ago, I left my sister behind because I didn't want her to suffer with me after losing both of our parents. I made her live with my grandparents because I thought I wasn't suitable on taking care of my sister."

"Then what happened?" Hani asked.

"She came back one day and she actually had a talk with ~~~~~. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be this close to my sister. I apologize for making those mistakes to her and I know she was suffereing, but I guess that's the way of life. You and ~~~~~ can forgive each other and its never too late for that." Daehyun said as he grinned at Hani.

Hani smiled and nodded, "I know... thank you Daehyun..."

The door opened and JunHee was walking out and notice Hani and Daehyun talking to each other at the front. "Hani, is everything ok?" JunHee asked curiously.

"N-Nae!" Hani nodded as she was surprise by JunHee's arrival. "Daehyun-ah, this is my fiance JunHee. JunHee, this is Daehyun. He's ~~~~~'s friend."

"Nice to meet you." JunHee said as he stick his hand out for a handshake.

"You too." Daehyun nodded as he shook JunHee's hand.

"So are you ready to go?" JunHee asked as he looked over at Hani.

"Sure." Hani nodded. "Daehyun helped me out today so we can go."

"Alright..." JunHee nodded. "I'll see you around Daehyun it's nice meeting you." He casually put his arm around Hani and start to walk away. He suddenly stopped and looked back at Daehyun. "Oh! Before I forget, take care of ~~~~ ok!" He grinned as he walked away with Hani leaving Daehyun confused.

~*~*~*~

Daehyun walked inside and notice that you were sitting at a table with a depressed look on your face. Daehyun sighed and he slowly walked up to you and wrapped his arms around you from behind. "If you wanted to cry, why didn't you?" Daehyun asked as he gave a worried look to you.

You were shocked to feel Daehyun's warm hug and you were holding to his hand. Your eyes start to become watery and you quickly got up and hugged Daehyun hiding your face. Daehyun was shock to see your reaction but, he can hear you sniffling and he sighed. He pulled you in for a hug and start rubbing your back comforting you the best he can. "Its ok..." Daehyun said. "You just didn't know..."