victoria's uplift

Infinitum

 chapter six 

 victoria's uplift

 

________________________________________

 

Victoria walked by the cheerleaders as they start their cheer. She watched in interest as they all did their flips and turns. They happened to pull of their skirts a bit too high because the jocks that were watchingg started to choke and widen their eyes.

 

"You look like you want to join them." Sulli piped up at Victoria. She jumped in surprise. Luna raised her eyebrows.

"You should go for it!" Luna pushed Victoria forward towards the cheerleaders.

 

Victoria had the urge to join the cheerleaders, but at the same time, she wanted to stay with her best friends. She hesitated a bit before slowly shuffling her feet towards the group of cheerleaders.

 

"I think she'll get in. How about you?" Krystal nudged Amber. Amber laughed. Victoria smiled modestly.

"Of course, she's our Victoria. She has to make it." Amber crossed her fingers. 

 

She had hesitated in the morning when the bell had rang, but now was her chance. Victoria walked to the group of cheerleaders, who were auditioning the potentials.

 

She sat down on the grass and started to stretch to prepare herself. As she was stretching she observed the people doing their cheers and smirked. She would easily pass the audition without even cheering. Surely, they should see her stretches. Her flexibility was incredible, but people were focusing on the auditioners. 

 

Once Victoria walked up to the leader, she tapped her on the shoulder. The leader turned around and looked at  her. Victoria put out her hand, expecting a handshake.

 

"Victoria," she shook Victoria's hand slightly, "we'll be great friends."  She smirked and walked up to the sterio to put her track in. She know she was being a bit too cocky, but she has to act cool to get in.

 

The leader put on a random track.  It seemed to Victoria like a mix of different varieties of songs, but it didn't matter. Once the song started, she danced more than cheer to the beat. Not missing a beat, she showed off her flexibility to the extent where the cheerleaders' mouths dropped to the floor. The song ended and Victoria walked back to her friends.

 

"Omo! That was amazing Vic!" Luna jumped and hugged Victoria. They, obviously had been cheering for her. She smiled wide and looked back at the cheerleaders. The leader was discussing everyone's tryout with the other cheerleaders. They made their marks, and slowly walked over to her. 

 

"Here they come!" Sulli squealed and squeezed Krystal's hand. Krystal flinched and gave her a look.

 

Victoria straightened up and tried to act confident. The leader, followed by the whole cheerleading team, smiled at her. She held out a red skirt and a red cropped shirt.

 

"You're on the team." She said as Victoria held onto the uniform. Victoria couldn't hide her excitement as they walked away. She jumped up and down and hugged Amber. Amber gave a small smile and her face dropped immediately.

 

"What's wrong? Are you feeling down?" Victoria asked Amber, with her arms still around her. Amber looked over at Krystal who was still shifting uncomfortably. Krystal returned a don't-tell-her-or-you're-dead look. Amber gave a small nod and smiled.

 

"I'm fine. Just a little tired from tryouts." Amber gave an obvious fake yawn and chuckled.

"What did you try out for?" Sulli's eyes widen as she spoke. Amber shifted a bit.

"Basketball..." she mumbled. Luna coughed and looked away from Amber, which wasn't hard since she was standing on the side. Why on earth would Amber try out for basketball?

 

"I hope you make it." Victoria grinned and hugged Amber even tighter. They were sure nothing in the world could bring her down at the moment.

 

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» I'm so slow when it comes to updating! I'll try updating faster from now on!