The Mother In Goo-ssaem

And The Manly Girl Falls In Love

Thanks for all your comments, nae chingudeul...

I know this is a YongShin fic, but I am also quite happy that some of you find Shin Hye and Jong Hyun cute in here... But I also like that some of you like Prince Min Hyuk. Do not worry. Shin Hye and Yong Hwa will end up together, and I will give some proper timing wherein Jong Hyun and Min Hyuk will get over Shin Hye.

Thanks so much for the love, to all my chingus. ^_^

*****

The next day felt like there was a concert featuring Korea's hottest band.

Min Hyuk parked his Lamborghini in the parking lot, and the five of them exited the car, Shin Hye and Yong Hwa included. When they started to walk down the lot, all eyes were fixed to them.

Jung Shin, with his straight long hair, fashionable uniform, his lean frame, and flamboyant demeanor.

Jong Hyun, with his shaggy long hair, prim coat-and-tie look, rough attitude, and his tall, lean, and muscular body.

Min Hyuk, with his cute eye smile, his professional-looking (like a lawyer) attire, his short hair with his side-swept fringes, and his princely smile.

Shin Hye, with her neat executive look, her angelic face, tough persona, and short hair with fringes.

And Yong Hwa, with his straight long hair with side-swept bangs, simple yet attractive coat-and-tie ensemble, a professional bearing, and a cold face.

All the students and the young female teachers crooned at them. This is one school which the quote, "Do not judge a book by its cover" exists. Yeah, the students are aspiring politicians and chaebol-wannabes, but they are just young people who also develop crushes and want to go to concerts.

The moment the five of them entered the faculty room, all eyes were with them save for Kahi, who was busy working on her plan for the day. This gave a slight frown on Jung Shin's usually sunny face.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Park-ssaem?" Yong Hwa greeted Kahi coldly.

Kahi looked at him and smiled her sweetest. Kahi only took notice of Yong Hwa, though she was also respectful to others, most especially to the motherly Goo-ssaem. And Jung Shin jealously looked at Yong Hwa smiling a bit at his noona crush.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Goo-seonsaengnim?" Min Hyuk greeted the elderly teacher.

"Oh, annyeonghaseyo, Kang-seonsaengnim?" Goo-ssaem greeted back.

Even Shin Hye and Jong Hyun greeted the elderly teacher and the rest. They finally settled to their other seats, and Shin Hye looked at Yong Hwa taking his place beside Goo-ssaem. She went into a series of starry eyes when she noticed her next-door-neighbor.

"Mwo?" she asked Jung Shin in contempt.

"Well, you see, you are quite obvious," he whispered. "Niga Yong Hwa-hyung-eul johahae?"

He smirked all the more when he noticed Shin Hye's cheeks exploding into all shades of red.

"Animnida!" Shin Hye exclaimed formally, earning her a laugh from Jung Shin. Then, whispering, "I don't like him."

"Jinjja?" Jung Shin asked with a slight chuckle.

Really, the gay teacher will do anything just to take Yong Hwa away from Kahi. It just contented him for a bit that Shin Hye was looking at Yong Hwa, and for Jung Shin, it was all that matters as of the moment.

*****

Before lunch, all the teachers gathered in the faculty room to get ready for their break. Min Hyuk, the kindhearted sweetheart, walked from his table to Goo-ssaem's table when he noticed that the elderly teacher was grimacing in pain. Must be gout attacks again.

"Gwaenchanheuseyo?" he asked her with worry etched on his gentle face.

The elderly teacher smiled and nodded.

"There is no need for you to be so worried about me, Kang-seonsaengnim," she responded fondly to the young teacher. After shifting her weight on her chair, she spoke once again. "Why don't you accompany me to lunch?"

"Ne?" was Min Hyuk's startled response, but he responded, then, positively. "Ne! Ne!"

"Bring your friends along. And I want to get to know Park Shin Hye-seonsaengnim too," Goo-ssaem told the young teacher.

Min Hyuk nodded and approached the other teachers. Jung Shin smiled because he knew that Goo-ssaem was one who was often fond of bringing out teachers for a treat. Yong Hwa just nodded without giving any comment, and neither did Shin Hye. Jong Hyun nodded like he was a bit disturbed because, like a young son, he was often scolded by Goo-ssaem for not cutting his hair off.

As if Yong Hwa's and Jung Shin's hair are not long...

****

It was a quaint and cozy restaurant that Goo-ssaem could afford, and because she could not squat so well these days, she settled to a proper table-and-chair setup. The table could accomodate eight people, but only the six of them came. The other teachers ate wherever they pleased.

On one side, Goo-ssaem was sandwiched between Jong Hyun and Min Hyuk, and Shin Hye was sandwiched between Jung Shin and Yong Hwa. You could almost guess who planned it that way.

"I am glad to have gathered all of you," the elderly teacher said.

The two guys between the elderly had opposite reactions. Jong Hyun fidgeted because he thought that the elderly teacher would scold him in front of the others. When he was rough and tough on the streets, he cowered under Goo-ssaem. Min Hyuk wanted to lean on the elderly teacher because he missed his eomma. For the other side, neither Yong Hwa nor Shin Hye gave any reaction, but Jung Shin was super excited as to what meal would be served to them.

The elderly teacher began telling the young teachers about the good life she had spent in her youth and in her days in school, and Min Hyuk could almost memorize her life story because she told him often. 

"I am telling this because I will be retiring at the end of this school year," she told them. "I want to see promising teachers who can carry on the legacy of teaching students become what they aspire to be."

To Jong Hyun, she told him about cutting off his hair, but he smiled shyly...much to Shin Hye's surprise. Her best nemesis never showed her this kind of submission. If only Jong Hyun could submit himself to her and get beaten everyday, she'd be oh so glad to win every punching tournament.

"You and Park-seonsaengnim have been together for years," the elderly teacher said. "You had not changed her into a proper woman?"

And she chuckled. Shin Hye frowned because she hated it when people take offense of her ual preference.

"Oh, Chingu is blushing!" Jung Shin pointed out naughtily.

"Animnida!" Jong Hyun hissed at him, much to Jung Shin and Goo-ssaem's amusement.

Shin Hye turned to her nemesis and saw him blushing indeed, but she realized she should have just beaten Jong Hyun so that nobody could tell it to her that he could change her.

"Kang-seonsaengnim, you are a good child, and any parent would have been proud of you," Goo-ssaem said. "I would like to ask for one request."

Min Hyuk's chest tightened. What could it be?

"Is it all right if you visit me when you can?" the elderly teacher asked.

"Ne! I will visit you all the time, starting now...and...and even when you retire!" Hyukkie said happily.

Goo-ssaem faced the other three teachers.

"Lee-ssaem, Jung-ssaem, can you donate your hair to Park-ssaem?" the elderly said before chuckling.

"Oh, but Ssaem, I super duper love my hair! It's my crowning glory! And girls love me for this!" Jung Shin explained in exaggerated tones.

Yong Hwa tucked some strays of hair behind his ears and commented calmly, "I like my hair this way."

Shin Hye could not speak because felt like it was tickled with something that made her giddy. She just liked hearing Yong Hwa speak, and she was getting giddy that she sat next to him.

And lo! Yong Hwa's hand accidentally swept against hers, and she sat with popped eyes and a stiff expression.

"Gwaenchanhayo?" the elderly asked her.

Yong Hwa looked at Shin Hye and rolled his eyeballs. Jong Hyun certainly lied when he said that the tomboy was a tough one. How come she was sitting like a rock?

"Ahh...n-n-n-ne...." Shin Hye replied.

"Or how about Jung-ssaem could make Park-ssaem into a proper lady?" the elderly teacher asked with amusement.

"NE?????" came Shin Hye as she became pale as paper.

"Why are you exaggerating?" Yong Hwa murmured to her.

It made Jong Hyun and Min Hyuk, the first and the third guy, remarkedly jealous, but it made Jung Shin's day. Finally, their food came, and Goo-ssaem smiled as each teacher had the rice bowl on his or her side.

"Jal meokgetseumnida," they all said together.

Goo-ssaem grabbed her chopsticks and the bowl of bulgogi. She got some and placed pieces of meat on each of the young teacher's rice bowl, starting from Min Hyuk, circling around, and ending with Jung Shin. All the younger teachers looked at her with teary eyes because they missed their parents doing that act of love for them. Min Hyuk dug through his rice and meat, and ate with his spoon as his tears fell from his face. Jong Hyun bowed and covered his eyes with his fringes so that nobody could see the tears raining down his cheeks. Yong Hwa, the stiff one, clandestinely wiped his nose so as to give everyone the impression that he was not crying. Only Shin Hye and Jung Shin sobbed at the dinner table, showing how raw their emotions can be. And it was the first time that Goo-ssaem saw them (save for Min Hyuk) cry. Jung Shin was touched because it had been years since his eomma had done this for him, and Shin Hye missed her parents and her siblings, most especially Jae Beom. Goo-ssaem smiled as tears fell down her eyes as well. She just loved these kids even though they were hard-headed. They were teachers, but they were also kids, she thought.

"Uljima, uljima," she told them as she comforted them.

Soon, the loneliness lifted off, and Goo-ssaem continued talking about her life. Jung Shin smiled again to himself.

"Well, well, I promised to be a goooooood boy, and I finally have a chance to get Min Hyuk out from destroying my beautiful plans, kekekekek," he thought.

Shin Hye bit her chopsticks as she half-listened to the elderly teacher because she was getting stuck in place again.

For Yong Hwa's hand and hers had touched under the table, side by side.

 

~~~~

Next chappy will be more of Jung Shin's manipulation to get Jong Hyun away from the scene... and the next chappies to come will be more and more YongShin fluffiness. ♥♥♥♥

 

~~~~