So Why?

And The Manly Girl Falls In Love

Jong Hyun was sitting by the front porch, waiting for Yong Hwa and Shin Hye to come home. He was upset and worried when he saw the empty house, and he checked that no one had ever cooked food. When he checked Shin Hye's room, it was empty. Jung Shin came home after his dinner date with Min Young, and Min Hyuk just came home an hour after the y otaku did.

"Wae geurae?" Jung Shin drawled out merrily.

"Hyung and Sweetheart are not yet here," Jong Hyun said in a worried tone.

Jung Shin laughed like he had never did.

"So, you think something happened between the real guy and the real tomboy?" Jung Shin asked as he flung his fingers. "They just went to out to eat dinner."

"But why so late?" Jong Hyun asked in exasperation.

Jung Shin pursed his lips, squinted his eyes, and got near his hyung, who backed for fear of being kissed again.

"Jealous?" Jung Shin teased.

He laughed when Jong Hyun blushed.

"Ani!!!!" the Korean literature teacher denied defensively.

"So, do not be too jealous," Jung Shin assured him. "The two are probably... Oh! There they are!"

The otaku excitedly exited the door to open the gate for his hyung, who was carrying Shin Hye on his back. Jong Hyun was sick with worry when he saw the two, and especially Shin Hye, all sweaty.

"Did the two of you get in a fight?" Jong Hyun asked.

"Why would I ever do that?" Yong Hwa calmly asked. "We were just playing basketball."

"Aye, aye!" Jung Shin exclaimed. "So that explains. But nae Jagiya playing ball.... in her leather skinnies?"

It made Jong Hyun upset again. Shin Hye was dressing up...er, wearing upgraded clothes because of a date.

"Can we pass?" Yong Hwa asked them. "She's kinda heavy, you know."

The two let him, and they looked at Yong Hwa going inside the house. The two ducklings followed and watched him get inside the tomboy's room.

"Hyung-jagiya," Jung Shin turned to Jong Hyun. "Just forget about her."

Jong Hyun shot an icy glare at Jung Shin.

"And who says I am in love with Shin Hye?" he asked. "She's my mortal enemy, remember?"

"Tsh... you deny to me, but your actions speak the truth," Jung Shin said before walking away to his room. "Good nigh~~~~t."

Jong Hyun climbed up the stairs and went near Shin Hye's room. He could not be at ease that his nemesis was getting closer with the untouchable hyung.

"Sweetheart...wae?"

****

Shin Hye noticed that Yong Hwa put her on bed.

"Hyung..."

"Eung?"

"You did not answer my question."

"About what?"

"Why did you deprive me of breakfast this morning?"

Yong Hwa shook his head.

"So, you still remembered it? How petty of you to remember such a small thing."

"It's not small, Hyung," Shin Hye explained. "I almost died inside the classroom."

"Shin Hye-ya, you do not die of starvation for only a few hours."

Shin Hye got up. "Geunde, wae?"

And Yong Hwa had to honestly tell her about her being a monster on bed, depriving him of sleep the night before. How come she snores like a dinosaur and moves like an earthquake? Because of that, Shin Hye cringed. All her bad habits had been exposed to her crush.

"So, that's it?" she asked him.

"Now you know," he said.

Shin Hye bit her lips as she contemplated on things that transpired that night. Yong Hwa had shared that his parents were in London, but she had not told him her parents were in London too. By any chance, did their parents meet?

"You better change," Yong Hwa told her before getting out of bed. 

Her thoughts broken, Shin Hye got out of bed, and waited for Yong Hwa to go out.

"Good night, nae dongsaengi."

Just a dongsaeng.

"G..good night, Hyung..."

And Yong Hwa exited.

****

Jong Hyun had gone inside his room, and it was Min Hyuk staying outside Shin Hye's room. He was in his room, playing the flute when he heard Jung Shin telling Jong Hyun to forget Shin Hye. When he sneaked out, he saw his other hyung staying out. But Jong Hyun lingered for a bit before getting inside his room. And now, Hyukkie had his chance and got up the stairs.

"Hyukkie, wae?" Yong Hwa asked innocently.

"Ah...jeo~~~ Hyung, nae Chingu gwaenchanha?"

"Eung," Yong Hwa affirmed. "Get to bed now, Hyukkie. Goo-ssaem will have a lot to suffer tomorrow, and she needs a healthy you to be there."

Min Hyuk looked at his hyung getting inside the room, and he looked at Shin Hye's door in pain. He had a lot to lose in the fight. Shin Hye and Jong Hyun were close, and Shin Hye opened up to Yong Hwa.

"Don't give up, Hyukkie," he thought. "I will court Shin Hye properly."

****

Yong Hwa was about to change into his night clothes when he decided to have a warm night bath. As he got out of the room, he still saw Min Hyuk standing by outside Shin Hye's room. Hyukkie did not notice the hyung, but just stood there with his thoughts. Yong Hwa, nevertheless, got inside the bathroom next to his bedroom.

As he settled in the bathtub for the cool bath, he suddenly remembered Min Hyuk telling him a few months ago that Shin Hye's parents were in London. He did not tell her tonight that he knew.

"Did my bumonim and hers meet, perhaps?" he thought.

It might be fun to meet the parents of his dongsaengi. If given the chance to go back to Vienna, he can go on a vacation in London and search for Shin Hye's parents.

"I want to know them too. I already knew the parents of my other house mates. Might as well know hers," he thought.

As he was scrubbing himself to get rid of all the dust, Shin Hye, meanwhile, was hugging her pillow, dreaming of Yong Hwa.

"His strong arms... he carried me all the way here..." she gushed.

And she put her hand to her chest and found her heart beating wildly.

"Eotteohke? It felt the same way I felt for Yoo Bi before..." she thought. "It must be... love?"

As she was contemplating on love, Yong Hwa was also in deep thought.

"What is love?"

 

 

~~~~