The First Time

And The Manly Girl Falls In Love

The sight that we see in school.

Jung Shin was serious and upright when he taught the difficult Math equations which high school students should know. In another classroom, Min Hyuk was giving a test about torque, and his students were busy calculating and solving the problem. Jong Hyun made Korean literature interesting by making one lesson into a song so that his students can remember. He was sitting on his table while plucking the guitar. Shin Hye, in the other room, was discussing more about English.

They were very busy that they did not realize today was going to be a different day.

After classes, Shin Hye informed Min Hyuk that she will be cooking for today. Min Hyuk was astonished, but agreed to her plan, nevertheless.

"It will be fair, right?"

"Ne," Shin Hye said. "I feel sad for nae chingu that he is always acting as Jung Shin's mother."

There was no more hint of anger in her voice when it came to Jung Shin.

"Erm, I'm not going to eat dinner tonight at home," Jong Hyun said.

"Eodi ga?" Shin Hye asked him. "You promised we will be brawling and fighting again."

"Sheesh, have you never heard of the word 'break?'" he taunted her. "I'll be watching movies today."

"I'll not eat dinner at home too," Jung Shin said. "My five-month old Marguerite Vodka pants need to be replaced."

"How vain!" Shin Hye remarked.

"Geureom, I will eat dinner with you today," Min Hyuk said.

Jong Hyun regretted saying he'd be watching the movies, but he already had spoken the words. Min Hyuk smiled to himself, thinking that he will have Shin Hye with him when they eat. Only Jung Shin was smiling for only some reason he knew.

"Jeo, let's all split up," Jung Shin told them.

****

Min Hyuk and Shin Hye exited the school, but the Science teacher said he will do the groceries.

"Geurae, I can manage," Shin Hye said to him.

****

By the time Shin Hye reached the house, she noticed it was open, and a pair of shoes was at the doorway. She knew that Jong Hyun had locked the door before all of them left for school, so there was no way that a thief could have entered. She was not scared of fighting, but she was scared that her money will be looted, so she rushed inside to find any signs of life.

The next thing she noticed was some sounds coming from the kitchen, like someone was sauteing garlic and onions. The smell tasted nice, and it came to Shin Hye's thought that probably, Jung Shin's appa had come home, with his eomma going for some family shopping.

"Jung Shin will not be lonely anymore," she thought.

She ran all the way to the kitchen, and saw a tall guy with long straight hair up to the shoulder. She thought it was Jung Shin, but she knew Jung Shin would still be at her noona's shop. The person looked slim like Jong Hyun, but a little bit shorter than Min Hyuk.

"Jeogiyo," Shin Hye called out to gain attention.

The other person turned around as he was holding a frying laddle. His fringe covered his right eye, and only his left can be seen. When he saw her, he pushed his fringes away so he could see her clearly, and thus, Shin Hye was able to see the other person's face really well. He had a really serious face, and his eyes were sharp and cold. And not a trace of smile lit up his flawless face.

"Wow..." Shin Hye thought, her heart pumping more blood than necessary.

He was so handsome that she felt her cheeks flushing.

"Ne?" the other person asked.

Even his face was as handsome as his husky voice. Then, he greeted her politely, and it was when Shin Hye knew that this stranger was actually Jung Yong Hwa. Shin Hye was too stunned to answer because he was so handsome.

"Gwaenchanheuseyo?" Yong Hwa asked.

"Ah...ne," Shin Hye snapped out of it before introducing herself once again.

Yong Hwa's brows knitted to see a stunned tomboy. He did not know what to make of her, but he thought he still have important things to do.

"I'm cooking so the boys will all eat when they come home," Yong Hwa said coldly.

Shin Hye thought that Min Hyuk was exactly right when he said that his hyung's unapproachable. And it was when she explained who will be eating at home tonight.

"Geurae? Set the table, and we will wait for Min Hyuk," Yong Hwa said to her coldly.

Shin Hye did as told, but she could not get enough of looking at the handsome guy who was cooking dinner for them. It was the first time she had ever felt this way, feeling this way for a guy.

"Mwoya....? Did I just harbor a crush on him? Or is it because he has a long hair and looks like a girl?" she thought.

Yong Hwa plated the vegetables after cooking them, and placed it on the table. He happened to chance on Shin Hye staring at him, so he snapped his fingers once.

"Ya, I am not a girl," Yong Hwa said.

Shin Hye snapped out of dreamland and apologized. The cold prince rolled his eyeballs and marched into the living room by himself. There was no way he'd be stuffed in the kitchen with a tomboy. As for Shin Hye, she knew he walked as a straight guy would, but she could not help falling in love with him.

"Eotteohke?" she thought helplessly.

 

~~~~