Prince Charming

And The Manly Girl Falls In Love

Nothing escaped Min Hyuk's eyes.

He saw Shin Hye fidgeting though she was sitting across Yong Hwa. What's up with that? He realized that he found another rival in his hyung though Yong Hwa's heart was with Kahi. Just when he thought it was just Jong Hyun...

And his eyes were diverted to the otaku, who was smirking while his ice cream. Jung Shin definitely knew something, and if there was any way that the sly guy was planning, Min Hyuk was sure he was going to beat Jung Shin to it.

He finally realized Jung Shin was being manipulative. 

But for what? What can Jung Shin gain from it?

Ah...

Kahi-noona. Jung Shin likes Kahi-noona too. He was pushing Yong Hwa to Shin Hye so he can have Kahi for himself.

"Shin Hye-ya, can you accompany me to Goo-ssaem's house?" Hyukkie asked out of the blue.

The other four looked at Min Hyuk.

"Wae? It's your turn to wash the dishes," Jung Shin protested. "I cooked for you."

"You offered to cook," Min Hyuk retorted at Jung Shin. "And I did not offer to wash the dishes."

"I'll do it," Jong Hyun sighed dryly.

"Geuraeseo, are you coming along?" Hyukkie asked.

"Ne," was Shin Hye's laconic answer. Though she had been a tomboy, she should have some manly instincts. What is Hyukkie up to?

"Shin Hye has lots of things to do, huh?" Jung Shin said. He realized Min Hyuk saw through his schemes.

"Shin Hye has never been to Goo-ssaem's house," Hyukkie said.

"I'll go," she finally said. "So stop fighting, you two."

"Sigh," went Yong Hwa. Why are his housemates acting like brats?

****

Hyukkie and Shin Hye went to Goo-ssaem's house so that the newbie can visit the almost-retired teacher. Min Hyuk taught Shin Hye the massages that Goo-ssaem wanted for her back and hands. The two of them listened to the wisdom of the old, and later, Goo-ssaem shared about her experiences on young love.

"When my current husband was still courting me, my abeoji drove him away with a broom," Goo-ssaem laughed. "Abeoji did not like nae Wang Joon Seok because he was such a dorky guy. Ahahahaha."

The person in question came in with a tray of something cold to drink. Shin Hye stood up to assist the old man, who thanked the young lady for being kind and helpful. Hyukkie watched the elderly showering affection for each other that he smiled. How he missed his bumonim!

****

As the two of them walked home, Min Hyuk was silent along the way, so Shin Hye broke the silence.

"Mwo saenggakhago isseo (What are you thinking)?" she asked.

Hyukkie showered her with his princely smile and then looked ahead.

"They remind me of Noah and Allie in Nicholas Sparks' 'The Notebook,'" he shared.

Shin Hye had never heard of Nicholas Sparks nor of the novel, but Hyukkie shared the plot nonetheless. Looking at the elderly still loving each other made him want to cry.

"They are just so sweet," Min Hyuk said. "If I find a girl, I want her to grow old with me. I want her to love me, and I want to love her. I want to shower her with my hugs and kisses even if my hair will be filled with gray hair, or even if I get bald and fat."

"You are too passionate and idealistic, Hyukkie," Shin Hye said. "The young couple nowadays get divorced."

"That is sad," Min Hyuk said. "If that is the reality, I'd rather be a dreamer like Noah."

Shin Hye saw how serious Min Hyuk was.

"Wow, you're really serious, geureohchi?" she told him.

"If I find a girl, I want her to be forever," he confessed his thoughts.

As they walked home, several dogs came running, and Shin Hye almost lost her footing. Instead of pulling her by the shirt, Min Hyuk pulled her wrist and pulled her closer to himself, bringing her into a hug.

And Shin Hye felt and heard Min Hyuk's fast and erratic heartbeat. She felt her heart beat the same way.

What is this?

Why was Min Hyuk acting this way? Why was he feeling this way?

The two of them separated from the hug, and she looked into his eyes. There was something in them that she could not explain.

"O, joesonghamnida, joesonghamnida," the owner of the dog apologized as she tried to handle the leash of her dogs.

"Ne," the two replied.

As the girl left, Shin Hye said to Min Hyuk, "Gaja."

"Mianhae," Min Hyuk said.

"Geokjeongma," she told him. "Accidents happen."

They did not realize that they were near the gate. And they did not realize that up the balcony, Yong Hwa was watching.

****

In his room, Min Hyuk was holding his hand, able to feel the softness of Shin Hye's wrist. If she was a tomboy, how come she had really silky skin? It made him smile, hoping that she will look at him already.

****

Shin Hye knocked on Yong Hwa's door.

"Hyung?" she called out. "Hyung?"

"Hyung is asleep," a voice sounded from the back.

She turned around to see it was Jong Hyun.

"How did the errand go?" he asked her with a smile.

It irked her that his smile was unusual. It was not the same evil smile he smiled at her every time they went bickering or brawling. 

"Aish, don't speak to me like I'm your girlfriend," she told him.

"Well, you are my girlfriend," Jong Hyun shot back playfully. 

"Aniya~~," she replied. "And why is Hyung asleep already?"

"Molla," the white-skinned teacher replied. "Jung Shin gave him some manga to read, and probably, Hyung fell asleep."

Hearing Jung Shin's name made her irked. She could not forget how he kissed her cheek.

"Erm, the night is a bit warm, is it not?" Jong Hyun said. "How odd."

"Shall we go brawling again?" she asked him.

This time, Jong Hyun went serious.

"Actually, I found one of the men whose boss shot you," Jong Hyun said soberly. "It's payback time."

Shin Hye and Jong Hyun knocked fists before going away. It was time to kick some and show those guys who's who.

And oh, they better be careful.

As they went down the stairs, they did not know that Yong Hwa went out of his room and looked at them go out of the door.

 

 

~~~~

What is Yong Hwa thinking? And will Jong Hyun be able to figure out that Shin Hye liked Yong Hwa?

 

~~~~

Up next, *dun dun dun* guys, the next chappy is JongHye chappy...about revenge. So, please stay tuned for the YongShin love that will follow after the encounter.

 

~~~~