She's Off Limits... Already!

And The Manly Girl Falls In Love

Jung Shin was sitting by the doorway when Jong Hyun passed by. The tough teacher went out with in his wife-beater, jogging pants, and training shoes. For a sunny Saturday morning, it was a good day to jog. He looked at the other teacher looking at him with a silly grin on his face.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Jong Hyun sullenly asked him. 

But Jung Shin only smiled.

"Ya! Stop looking at me like that! And stop being gay!" Jong Hyun screamed.

"Hyung, if I were gay, I would have kissed all the boys here a long time ago," Jung Shin explained with his sunny smile. "Stop accusing me of being one. I might really turn up gay."

"Tsh, just stop being so flamboyant," the hyung said.

"Hyung, you cannot change me from being like this!" Jung Shin said as he stood up and twirled. "This is me! This is who I am!"

Jong Hyun just shook his head.

"By the way, Hyung, do you have any appointment this afternoon?" Jung Shin asked.

Jong Hyun immediately shook his head. He knew he'd just be killing time looking for hot chicks in Gangnam, or listening to the indie bands at Hongdae.

"Great!" Jung Shin exclaimed. "This afternoon, I will model for Min Young-noona's fashion show."

"Tsh. Since when did you become a model?" Jong Hyun bluntly asked. "If the principal will know about this, he will kick you out."

"Oh, but I am the reason why Gyojangnim became calm after your fight with Shin Hye, remember?" Jung Shin asked. "He'd not kick me out."

"Tsh."

"Watch my show, Hyung... Oh, how about accompanying me to Marguerite Vodka this lunch time?"

"Arasseo," Jong Hyun said dryly before jogging away.

As Jong Hyun went away for some exercise, Jung Shin began to imagine how the show will be. He should be thanking Yoon Ji for ditching the show for a date, and for giving him the opportunity to walk the ramp.

****

And Min Young's brow went up as she saw Jong Hyun walking in the boutique with her model.

"And why did you bring him here?" she asked Jung Shin.

"Wae, Noona? Is it so wrong to bring a friend along?" the sly guy asked.

"Annyeonghaseyo?" came Jong Hyun's timid greeting. It was so unlike him.

Min Young looked at Jong Hyun from head to toe. She still resented him because it was Jong Hyun who gave those bruises to Shin Hye upon coming home almost every afternoon. Now, Jong Hyun seemed like a guilty little child scratching his head. Her thoughts were cut short when Jae Beom and Yoon Ji came in.

"Ya!" Jae Beom shouted at Jong Hyun.

"Ah...annyeonghaseyo, Hyung?" Jong Hyun.

Yoon Ji looked at Jung Shin and asked him if he was her reliever, and Jung Shin curtsied like a woman from the Victorian era.

"Wow! He's a darling!" Yoon Ji squealed as she pinched Jung Shin's cheek.

"Ya!" came Jae Beom's jealous remark.

"Oppa, I am glad this girly man exists!" Yoon Ji said. "If it were not for him, our date will not be fulfilled!"

"Just get out of here, or I will fire you for real!" Min Young threatened.

"Geunde, Eonni, we are friends, so let me out this time, jebal?" Yoon Ji begged.

"I should thank Yoon Ji-ssi for giving me this chance to be a model," Jung Shin told her.

"Ne...." came Yoon Ji's reply.

Her swift eyes eyed the tall Jong Hyun, and looked at him from head to foot.

"He's a looker, don't you think, Eonni? Oppa?" she asked them.

"Christine," Jae Beom said to Yoon Ji using her American name. "Do you remember who Jong Hyun is to Shin Hye?"

"Yeah, her before-school, during-school, after-school, and all-time nemesis," Yoon Ji remarked.

Jong Hyun fumed and blushed at her comment, but Yoon Ji's comment was truly amusing to Jung Shin, who burst into laughter. He earned the angry glares from Jae Beom and Min Young.

"But he definitely has the looks... save for the hair," Yoon Ji told them as she twirled her finger while pointing at the rough teacher.

"You should give Goo-ssaem's advice a go already, Hyung," Jung Shin smirked, much to the annoyance of his hyung.

"Arasseo, you go get a haircut, ppalli!" Jae Beom said.

"Jamkkanman, I remember a classmate of mine who was looking for a male model," Min Young said. "He is in dire need of one, and we cannot waste time just letting him wait!"

Everbody watched as the fashion designer grabbed her phone and calling someone. After a minute of two, she hung up, and she told Jae Beom to drive Jong Hyun to the boutique of her classmate.

"But our date..." Jae Beom protested.

"Your date will not run away!" Min Young interjected. "Ppalli ga!"

Yoon Ji pulled Jong Hyun and Jae Beom together, and they exited. This made Jung Shin's day again because it was as if the universe conspired with him to get his hyung away from the tomboy.

*****

Jung Shin and Jong Hyun met backstage, while their fashion designers were talking. The two of them were being made up, and Jung Shin was amazed how his hyung could look so good with short hair. Imagine Min Hyuk's short hair.

"Waaa hyung, you're handsome!" Jung Shin commented. "I think that you might be my rival to Kahi-noona already."

"I don't like Park-ssaem," Jong Hyun said before correcting himself. "Erm... Park Kahi-seonsaengnim."

"Teehee, I thought you do not like Shin Hye," Jung Shin .

"Mwo?"

"Heeeheeee~~~~."

Jong Hyun fumed in his seat as the makeup artist did her thing, and Jung Shin grimaced in pain at the harsh treatment that the hair stylist was giving his locks. How can the woman's hands be so harsh in braiding Jung Shin's hair?

****

And finally, the show started. It was nothing new to Jung Shin and Jong Hyun that girls should be howling and dying for them because they had all that share way back then, and even in school. It just felt different on the catwalk, however. It was because, this time, they were models.

"Oooh! I can get paid while being oggled by girls!" Jung Shin thought as he waved at the girls.

Jong Hyun smiled and winked at some female judges before walking away. He had finally found a good outlet to release some energy instead of beating up Shin Hye and going after all the gang members who shot her.

But...if only she had seen him walk.

*****

Meanwhile, Min Hyuk was preparing dinner when Shin Hye hugged him without notice. Min Hyuk was startled, but he smiled as Shin Hye tightened her hug.

"Chingu, what will you cook for today?" Shin Hye asked.

"If you want to help, I will tell you, but if you are here only to eat, then better wait," came Hyukkie's swift reply.

"Sheesh, you must be omniscient," Shin Hye remarked. "You really know I only came to eat."

Hyukkie smiled his princely smile and tapped her arms.

"Eomma will be cooking, arasseo?" Hyukkie told her. "Just wait for dinner. I will call you and Hyung."

Shin Hye released her grip and sat on the table next to him. Instead of going away, Shin Hye helped cooking dinner...of course, to impress someone. As they were preparing, they talked a lot of things, but most specifically about Goo-ssaem.

"I think it will be faster if there are a lot of hands," came a husky voice.

The two looked behind to see Yong Hwa coming in.

"Jong Hyun and Jung Shin are not eating here, so let's just cook what can suffice," Yong Hwa told them strictly and coldly while washing his hands and before sitting across Min Hyuk.

And he got some veggies and started peeling them silently. Silence filled the room, and the other two looked at each other before looking at Yong Hwa. It was  normal for Hyukkie that his hyung was this silent, but it made Shin Hye curious. What was in his mind? What was he thinking?

As if sensing something, Yong Hwa glanced at Shin Hye, who was staring at him.

"Do you know it is impolite to stare?" he bluntly told her.

"Ah...mianhae..." came her awkward reply.

She bit her lips in embarrassment. She had her share of this kind of awkward situations when around some girls, but never with guys. Everything felt so different when she was around Yong Hwa. Like he possessed an aura that made her want to go crazy, made her want to reach out and get to know him.

"Why is he so different?" she asked.

"Hyukkie," boomed Yong Hwa's voice, breaking the silence, and making the two startled.

"Ne? Hyung?"

"Go buy some fruits at the grocery," the hyung ordered. "I can't stand seeing no fruits at home."

"Ne... I forgot to buy some," Hyukke said as he stood up.

The princely guy left the kitchen...and left the two by themselves.

"So, how long have you been teaching?" Yong Hwa suddenly asked Shin Hye.

"Ne?" she asked as she dropped her knife.

Yong Hwa looked at her bluntly.

"Don't get startled when I ask you," he told her coldly. "I am not a carnivore."

Shin Hye errupted into laughter because of Yong Hwa's weird sense of humor.

"Well, if you're not a carnivore, you must be an herbivore," she joked.

"Another good way to say it is, I am a vegetarian," he told her.

"Jinjja?" was her amazed reply, and she earned another blunt look from him. "Mwo?"

"I'm not really a vegetarian. I was just saying I'm not a carnivore. So don't drop the knife or get startled when I talk to you," he assured her.

Shin Hye sighed because the cold prince gave her an assurance that he was not harmful at all.

"Ne...ne..." she whispered. "Uhm, to answer your question, this is my first time teaching... and I recently got my license to teach."

"Well, you have lots of mountains to climb," he told her dryly.

The cold prince silently chopped the veggies, while Shin Hye cut up the meat. But being with an untouchable made her giddy. Like, she was going to do all she can to discover more about him.

"Is this what love can make someone do?" she asked in happiness as she bit her lips.

Yong Hwa glanced at her and saw her bangs covering her hair.

"Ya, I don't want strands to cover my food," he told her.

Shin Hye saw that he had tied his hair into a ponytail. Maybe Yong Hwa is a perfectionist or something. But one thing was for sure. He got up, went to her, bent, and swept her bangs away. Shin Hye's eyes widened at the gesture, and her cheeks errupted to all shades of red. Yong Hwa grabbed something from  his pocket and placed it to her hair. Then, he sat down to continue his job.

Shin Hye reached out to the thing on her hair and realized it was a pin.

"I pin Min Hyuk's hair everytime I see him cooking," Yong Hwa told her, emphasizing again his pet peeve for hair on food. Then, he glanced back at her. "I like seeing you that way."

Despite saying it without a smile, Shin Hye's heart exploded just hearing him say it.

"I can see your eyes," was his candid confession before returning to chopping the veggies.

A lot of thoughts came rushing towards Shin Hye's brain that she found it hard to cut the meat.

"Omo...." she thought, unable to believe her luck.

 

~~~~