Love Triangle Part 1

And The Manly Girl Falls In Love

"Sheesh, is that all the style that Noona can muster?" Shin Hye frowned as she exited the boutique. She had to run far away, really, or else, Jung Shin will harass her again.

"Ya!" a voice called out.

Shin Hye did not look up the fence where she passed by to even acknowledge the presence of her all-time favorite nemesis....sarcasm intended.

"You're still calling me that way, and you even boast of being a teacher?" Shin Hye said to Jong Hyun as she passed him by.

Jong Hyun got down the fence where he was perching, and he grabbed her by the shoulder before punching her hard. Shin Hye stumbled from among the trash bins as he rubbed his arm against his lips.

"Revenge is sweet, eh?" Jong Hyun taunted her. "Get a taste of your own medicine, Sweetheart. That's for punching me in front of all the teachers back there."

Shin Hye gingerly got up and spitted out some blood. She looked at him with a smirk on her face.

"Awww... that sounds so sweet of you, calling me 'Sweetheart,'" she taunted him back. "Thank you very much!"

"I'm not finished with you, tsh," Jong Hyun hissed.

Shin Hye stood up and wiped her bloody lips with her thumb and looked at him angrily. She, then, let fly out her right fist and beat him up just as they always had.

"OY!" some mature voice called out.

The two looked up to see some gangster-looking ajusshis whose leader the two had assaulted some years back.

"So, both of you are teachers already?" the leader of the henchmen sneered. "From what school, I wonder?"

"None of your business," Shin Hye snarled.

"Tsh, you think we will be afraid of a tomboy like you?" the leader replied.

"At least I can fight," Shin Hye bragged.

The leader retrieved a revolver from his gun holster and pointed the damn thing at them. The two teachers, though very bully at heart, feared the sight of a gun. What do you expect them to do?

Of course, nothing else but to run.

The gang chased the two around to gain their revenge, and the two hopped to the fence like they were having some parkour. Really, nothing gets in the way of these two but for some fences. The two young teachers scoffed at the slowness of the ahjusshis, but the leader knew better: he fired his gun, which bullet hit Shin Hye by the arm. Shin Hye landed on the cemented road, much to the delight of the gang.

"Shin Hye-ya!" Jong Hyun screamed.

The gang members crowded the two, but Jong Hyun, in his anger, punched them easily, Boss included. He knew better than them, huh. After the last gang member fell to the ground, he carried Shin Hye off the ground, and ran as fast as he could to a safe place away from them.

Shin Hye cradled her bloody arm, while Jong Hyun removed his shirt off. Underneath was his white wife-beater, which accentuated his muscular arms, lean frame, and toned chest. For any girl, Jong Hyun will surely look hot, but not for Shin Hye. What tomboy will fall for a hot guy like Jong Hyun? He ripped off the shirt and plastered the torn pieces on Shin Hye's wound before wrapping around. His bangs covered one eye, and his sweat dripped down his temple. His puffing was getting audible in his exhaustion and panic. And his burning eyes looked at his wounded nemesis pensively.

"Ya... stop looking at me like I'm dead," Shin Hye drawled bluntly like she was not wounded at all.

"Ya, don't let this kind of thing happen to you again, arasseo?" Jong Hyun requested her with a very angry tone. "No one else has the right to do this to you. It's only me who has the right to punch or kick you, arasseo? No one but me!"

Shin Hye snortled.

"Don't sound as if you are worried," she mockingly told him. "It doesn't suit you at all."

"Tsh," Jong Hyun smiled as he continued bandaging Shin Hye's arms. He did not want to admit that he was worried.

After the first aid, he carried Shin Hye in bridal style, the way he did to her some minutes ago. Shin Hye protested because she did not want to be carried that way.

"Eodi ga?" Shin Hye asked.

"Byeongwon," Jong Hyun replied.

For Shin Hye, the hospital was not a good place to go because she knew her noona Min Young will freak out and ask. She knew that her Jay-hyung will be worried sick again. She also knew that her parents will punish her to the utmost and send her to "How To Be A Girl 101" camp.

"Shirheo!" she protested. "I hate hospitals."

"The hospital is where you should be, arasseo?" Jong Hyun insisted.

He carried her, but she punched him on the face. He held his grip despite being hit and carried her away. As he walked all the way to the bus stop, a jet black Lamborghini stopped in front of him. Jong Hyun stopped in curiosity at the shiny car when the glass window on the door of the passenger seat side opened.

It was Min Hyuk.

"Wae geurae?" Min Hyuk asked, worried. When he saw that it was Shin Hye on Jong Hyun's arms, his worry grew even more. "WAE GEURAE?"

Jong Hyun was unable to speak as the lovesick teacher got out of his car and insisted him to get in.

"All in the name of love, huh?" Jong Hyun .

"You are insensitive, Hyung," Min Hyuk said angrily, still maintaining his polite demeanor.

Min Hyuk stepped forward and snatched Shin Hye away from the rough teacher, and he instructed Jong Hyun to drive to the hospital.

"Ppalli!" Min Hyuk said, on the verge of tears.

"Tsk, as if she would die," Jong Hyun said.

"Stop quarreling, you two," Shin Hye drawled. "I'm no Cinderella."

Jong Hyun opened the door of the back seat before getting in the driver's seat. Min Hyuk entered and cradled Shin Hye lovingly, pressing the bloody makeshift bandage. The rough Korean literature teacher drove off to the nearest hospital.

****

The doctor cleansed and sewed stitches along the wounds, and Shin Hye bore it like a real man. Min Hyuk watched intently, making the doctor amused.

"Your friend sure is tough," the doctor said. "Your girlfriend?"

Min Hyuk blushed. He liked Shin Hye a lot, but he could not tell his feelings.

"A...anio," he told the doctor. "She's a fellow teacher in school."

"Hmmm... that's something," the doctor said, avoiding saying much. What he meant to say was, it was weird that a teacher should be shot with a gun.

After the wounds were taken cared of, the doctor prescribed pain medications and antibiotics, and he wanted Shin Hye to be admitted at the hospital for observation. But Shin Hye felt she was a bit all right, and she insisted on getting healed at home.

"Well, how about if I suggest that you stay here for a night, and be discharged tomorrow?" the doctor asked.

Shin Hye did not negotiate anymore because she knew that the doctor was only doing his duty. After being confined at the emergency room for some time, Shin Hye was transported to the ward. The doctor excused himself and went away, leaving Min Hyuk and Jong Hyun by Shin Hye's side.

Min Hyuk sat down on the chair next to the bed.

"Shall we call Park-seonsaengnim's Eomeonim and Abeonim?" Min Hyuk asked.

"They're in London," Jong Hyun suplied for him. "It's just her noona and her hyung at home."

"Ah, geuraeyo?" the polite teacher asked the rough teacher. Then, back at Shin Hye, "Let me call them for..."

"Don't treat me like a girl, Kang-ssaem," Shin Hye told him. "And stop being formal to me outside the school. It's irritating."

"Ya, leave him like that," Jong Hyun retorted at Shin Hye.

Shin Hye handed her phone to Min Hyuk, who called her hyung at her request. He assured Jay that Shin Hye was really all right, but Jay said he will be hopping in the hospital.

"Jae Beom-ssi, maybe Jae Bom-ssi's noona should come here instead," Min Hyuk said. "It's almost the end of visiting hours, and female patients should be guarded by female family members."

Shin Hye hated that part. She wanted Jay-hyung. And that is also why she hated hospitals. After dropping the call, the polite teacher handed the phone to her.

"Gomawoyo," Shin Hye said.

"Animnida," Min Hyuk said.

Min Hyuk leaned forward and kissed Shin Hye on her head, much to her surprise... and to Jong Hyun's surprise.

It finally dawned upon him that he did not like what Min Hyuk had just done, and he felt he knew what the feeling was.

Jong Hyun felt jealous.

****

Jung Shin, meanwhile, was strutting inside his room with a new shirt from Marguerite Vodka. He loved how handsome he looked in front of the mirror, and he flipped his hair like a girl from a shampoo commercial.

"I love how you are so handsome, and I love that your hair is nourished well," he said to his image on the mirror. "Unlike Jong Hyun-hyung's hair, which looks so dry! Ugh! Can't he, like, get a good trim?"

His phone rang, and he checked the caller on the screen.

"Ah... my love rival to Kahi-noona," Jung Shin remarked with a sly smile. Then, he answered the phone. "Yeoboseyo? Yong Hwa-hyung!"

From the other side of the world, eight hours backward, a grand piano can be seen near the window. It was noon, and there was much activity from outside the building where Yong Hwa was staying. And in this room, only Yong Hwa's voice could be heard, not even the sight of a man facing out the window.

"Jung Shin-ah..." a husky voice called out the perky teacher's name.

"So, Hyung, when are you coming back?" Jung Shin asked excitedly.

Silence. Then some laconic replies.

"Oh...arasseo... well, take care, Hyung," Jung Shin said. "I can't wait to see you. And hey, I have someone I can introduce to you."

Silence.

"Ne? Ah, geurae, guerae. I am sure. You will like her a lot," Jung Shin shared while examining his image on the mirror. "Well, talk to you later. Annyeong...."

After the call, he smirked ily as he flipped through the images in his phone. He came across his new favorite, the picture of the tomboy Shin Hye in her pink mini dress.

"I am sure both of you will fall for each other, ne?"

 

~~~~

Yeoreobun, I told you to wait for Yong Hwa's appearance, right?

And so, I had given you a glimpse of his voice.

No, no visual appearance yet, and maybe, you may hate me already.

Here is what I am trying to do.

If you have noticed in some gender-bender dramas with a female protagonist surrounded by males, you mostly will see the first and second guys fighting for the girl's attention. If there is a third guy, it's either, he will be semi-clueless (like Jeremy in "You're Beautiful), just a neutral one not romantically linked to the female protagonist (like Goo Yong Ha in "Sungkyunkwan Scandal), or is linked to another girl (like So Yi Jung in "Boys Over Flowers," with Song Woo Bin as the fourth, of course). And in here, I made some conflict between the first and the third guys, with Jung Shin as the second, of course.

And as you have noticed, Min Hyuk, the third, fell in love with Shin Hye, who became the love interest of Jong Hyun at the later part. And if you have also noticed in most dramas, the girl will fall in love with the first guy, even if the second guy had been doing all the things for her.

It might take around a chappy or two to heighten the conflict between Min Hyuk and Jong Hyun before I introduce Yong Hwa. And I will make Shin Hye even more curious about Yong Hwa to even notice the other two. And since this is a YongShin fic, it would be unique for the girl to fall for the fourth guy, geureohcho? ^_^

 

~~~~