Min Hyuk Bares His Heart And Soul

And The Manly Girl Falls In Love

Because all of them were Christians, they went to church after breakfast.

Jong Hyun and Jung Shin went together, Hyukkie and Shin Hye, and Yong Hwa with no one with him. 

****

"Are you going to eat lunch here?" Yong Hwa asked Jong Hyun over the phone.

"Ani, Hyung," Jong Hyun said. "Min Young-noona and Jo Kwon-ssi had invited us to another photo shoot this afternoon."

"What's up with Jung Shin?" Yong Hwa asked. "He did not answer his phone."

Jong Hyun looked at Jung Shin, who was spaced out.

"Nah, he's busy flirting with the girls here," he lied.

"Geurae?"

"Ne. Do you need anything else?"

"Eopseo. Geureom, enjoy the photoshoot."

After hanging up, Jong Hyun asked Jung Shin if he was still not willing to talk to Yong Hwa. And that was when Jung Shin shared what he saw last night. It finally got Jong Hyun worried that Shin Hye might also have seen Kahi and YH kissing the night before.

Jung Shin did remember his kiss with Shin Hye. He had kissed lots of girls before without guilt. He did not love her, of course, but it was fun teaching her how to kiss. As Shin Hye was combative, Jung Shin was amazed at how fast she learned in deep kissing. He was just sorry that he did kiss her but he did not love her. It was unfair, and it was enough to make him feel guilt.

"Jung Shin?"

But he did not reply to Jong Hyun anymore.

****

"Chingu, do you want to go with me to a real racetrack?" Min Hyuk asked Shin Hye.

"You race?" she asked.

Min Hyuk nodded. Now, he had something that he can brag about. And good thing, he had informed Yong Hwa that he and Shin Hye will be eating out. That means no love rival.

"I will not own a Lamborghini if I can't drive," Hyukkie said.

"Let's go, let's go!" she excitedly said.

"Let's eat first," Hyukkie said.

So, the two of them went to a Japanese restaurant and splurged on sashimi and sushi. After lunch, they went to a race track, the same one you saw in 2NE1's video "Go Away."

"Wow, daebak," Shin Hye said in amazement.

"I know, right?" Hyukkie said. "See that black car? That's mine. I race here with some friends, but I never got to do that lately."

"Whoa, hwansangjeogida...." she said again.

The two of them went inside, and Shin Hye sat on the bleachers. Hyukkie prepared himself and went out to the track with his complete suit. Shin Hye was amazed that this gentlemanly teacher was actually a fierce racer. Hyukkie was wearing all black, just like his race car and his Lamborghini. Hyukkie seems to have a for black, Shin Hye thought.

A competitor of Hyukkie's gave him a high-five. He was wearing an orange suit with dark green and black stripes, and he owned a dark green race car with white stripes. Other racers began to get ready, and Hyukkie and his friend got in their cars as well.

Finally, the race began. Shin Hye's heart began to beat wildly because the careful Hyukkie was a careless guy in the racetrack. He was a fast driver, always on the point of colliding with his competitors if he had too. Nevertheless, Hyukkie reached the goal first.

"WHOOHOOO!!!" Shin Hye screamed wildly.

Finally, she got down the bleachers and went to Min Hyuk, who removed his helmet.

"That was awesome, Dude," she told him as she pat him on his back.

"Gomawo," came Hyukkie's gentlemanly reply.

"Ya, doesn't suit you, Man," the Orange Man, who's actually half-American, said to Hyukkie. "You're too soft, but in the race track, you're a rockstar!"

Min Hyuk blushed and scratched his head.

"Aish, this is still me, Alfred," Hyukkie said to the Orange Man.

Hyukkie introduced Alfred and Shin Hye to each other, and Alfred instantly took a liking for the tomboy.

"Min Hyuk should teach you to race, Man," Alfred said to Shin Hye. "Oh, gotta go. My girlfriend is in need of serious lovin'. Ciao!"

Min Hyuk and Shin Hye cringed at the other guy's remark. After that, Hyukkie asked if Shin Hye wanted to try racing too.

"Aish, I am only good with my fists," she said to him. "I am even lame on bump cars, and Jong Hyun always beat me to it."

"Geokjeongma, I can teach you," Hyukkie offered.

"No, thanks, really," she said. "Let's just enjoy bump cars."

Hyukkie nodded before giving her a high-five.

****

It was not like a usual date, but Hyukkie, who had been treating Shin Hye as a girl, seriously enjoyed this one. They rode on bump cars, carousel, and played basketball in the theme park. They ate ice cream and all sweets it was not impossible for their pancreas to shout at them to slow down on sweets.

And for dinner, the two of them ate pasta and pizza in a chic Italian restaurant.

By the time they were about to get home, Shin Hye requested to just park by the River Han first.

"Wae?"

Shin Hye suddenly burst into tears, telling Hyukkie about her broken heart. Shin Hye knew that not all men cry in front of their friends, but to her, she just wanted to break down the dam and let all the tears out. She also admitted to kissing Jung Shin, but that was because she just wanted to know how to kiss. It broke Min Hyuk's heart that she had admitted to the kiss and to loving Yong Hwa, but he let out a masochistic smile, nonetheless.

"I will not wonder if Jung Shin teaches you how to kiss," he told her. "He's a flirt, after all."

Shin Hye could not stop her tears. Finally, Min Hyuk wrapped her around his embrace.

"If you still don't believe me when I say that I look at you as a girl, then don't believe, but I really do," Min Hyuk said.

Shin Hye was not on the mood to protest, and she did not protest as Hyukkie got her hand and placed it on his chest. 

Dugeun, dugeun, went Hyukkie's heart. And it was at a faster rate.

"Min Hyuk..." Shin Hye finally replied, waking up from her stupor.

And tears suddenly dropped from Min Hyuk's eyes.

"I do not know how I can compete from Jong Hyun-hyung and Yong Hwa-hyung, but I am always here for you, catching when you fall. If they could not treat you as you deserve, I will treat you as how I treat Goo-ssaem," he said. "Can you not understand?"

Shin Hye was shocked that Hyukkie's voice went a notch up. She also saw the tears, but she felt sorry she could not love him back.

"I will wait for you, Shin Hye-ya," he begged. "Just allow me to love you... and I hope you'll love me too."

"Mi... mianhae..." Shin Hye said. "But.. but my heart belongs to Yong Hwa-hyung..."

"Do you love someone who doesn't love you? Why can't you love me who loves you?"

"We're just the same, Hyukkie," she said. "We love someone who doesn't love us."

"And if this might change my mind, I guess I'll have to get out of my gentlemanly ways," Hyukkie said.

He leaned forward and gave Shin Hye a gentle kiss on her lips, but she did not kiss him back. It was evident to Min Hyuk that she did not have the heart for him, but he was willing to do what it takes to get her. That is, to do it the gentlemanly way.

After the kiss, Shin Hye did not look back at him.

"Can.. can we go home now?" she begged.

Hyukkie nodded and started his Lamborghini to life. For Shin Hye, it was getting awkward already. Yong Hwa, her first kiss, had broken her heart, and she was not willing to see him just yet. She and Jung Shin had kissed for fun (and a little bit of revenge), and now, it was Min Hyuk kissing her after an honest confession.

The only person she thought she could trust by now was no other than her eternal nemesis, Jong Hyun.

 

~~~~