The Music Class

And The Manly Girl Falls In Love

Chingudeul, thank you so much for reading my not-update, har har. 

Anyway, there were lots of comments here, and I am glad. Some wanted an alternate ending for Jong Hyun (which I will put first before the Dooley... because the Dooley matters the most!) So the Dooley ending will be the last... As a saying goes, save the best for last.

Anyhoo, thanks for pointing it out, @laz_15. Yeah, JH and PSH did not have any spark in real life. But because of my imagination, I will create a spark for them. ^_^ Also, I will take @EmotionalStar's suggestion of a soul mate. Yeah, what if (in this fic), JH's soulmate could be Shin Hye? And what if, in real life, JH's soul mate could be any of my readers? Or what if, Jong Hyun could conclude that I am his soul mate after all??? Right? ^_^

And yezzzz, Yong Hwa will experience lots of jealousy here, kinda getting karma for making Shin Hye low with her "dongsaengi" title, and for Jong Hyun to get a bit of revenge too, hehehe. As for Kahi, who will she end up with? And I promise you, Hyukkie and Jung Shin will be happy too. And oh, will Hyukkie get a kiss from the otaku?

And whatever happened to Jae Beom and Yoon Ji?

****

****

Jong Hyun and Shin Hye were discussing some professional matters inside the faculty room when there were claps from outside the classroom. All the teachers looked out the window, and saw Yong Hwa holding his Music class by the field. He had a sound system put up so that he could sing with his mike on.

"Oy, what does he think he's doing?" the principal asked.

"Gyojangnim, just relax," the otaku drawled happily as he did some gwiyomi hand signals. "Jung-ssaem is just making class interesting."

"Interesting?"

So, all of the teachers flocked out of the faculty room to go near the garden. It seemed like Yong Hwa was holding a concert instead of a class.

****

Yong Hwa held his guitar while a student manipulated the mike. Then, he strummed some tunes and played some European classics. The Italian love songs he learned in Vienna, he taught it to his class. He was teaching about the love songs that the Italians had grown to love over the years.

"Can you understand a thing?" a student whispered to her seatmate.

"Nothing at all," the classmate replied.

After the song, Yong Hwa explained to the class (which he hoped that the spectators will hear) that the song was expressing love.

"How about some equivalent to it?" he asked his class before searching for Shin Hye.

And there she was, unmistakable. But she was beside Jong Hyun, and it made Yong Hwa extremely angry and jealous.

"You wanna play, Jong Hyun-ah? I'll give you what you want," he thought as he strummed the guitar.

He strummed the guitar, and as he sang to Fun Factory's "I Love You," the students howled in delight.

"Now, you'll know how I feel for you, Shin Hye," Yong Hwa thought with a smirk.

Because the class was far away from the teachers, Shin Hye did not notice the smirk. All she saw was the handsome guy whose eyes were hidden under his fringes.

And she suddenly felt Jong Hyun's hand caressing hers.

"Get ready, Sweetheart," Jong Hyun whispered. "He's waging a war against me."

Shin Hye felt uneasy. She and Jong Hyun used to compete against getting the attention of a girl, but now, she was the girl that Jong Hyun and Yong Hwa were fighting over.

"Does that mean that Hyung is super jealous?" Shin Hye whispered back.

"Of course," Jong Hyun whispered back. "Why will he hold a concert instead of just conducting the class silently?"

And he smirked. He was thinking that perhaps, Shin Hye should be sorting out her feelings, and that Yong Hwa should be honest with his by now. Then, all the teachers and the students howled when Yong Hwa rapped.

 

From the first time I saw you you had my heart
I didn't know how to talk to you, I didn't know how to start
Two weeks later I saw you again
My heart was beating faster it was adrenaline
 
Your eyes, your smile and your beautiful face
You caught me in the act and I thought I lost the race
Let me tell you that I'm shivering inside
I wanna hold your hand, I wanna hold you tight
 

As the crowd was cheering on Yong Hwa, Jong Hyun was about to elbow Shin Hye to when he remembered her asking him to teach her on how to be a lady. And much as he did not know a thing, he thought it would be unkind to elbow her if he wanted to teach her. So, he patted her by the shoulder and as he whispered to her.

But it was a wrong move. Yong Hwa thought that something had gone between the two again, and he was getting all the more jealous.

"What have I done to you, Jong Hyun-ah?" Yong Hwa fumed as he continued to sing. "I'll make sure that Shin Hye will be mine!"

Jong Hyun and the rest of the people clapped, but his gangster vision was quick to notice Kahi sighing while combing her hair with her fingers.

"Aw? Kahi-noona looks upset!" Jong Hyun thought. "It must be... could it be that she thought Yong Hwa-hyung was trying to win her?"

And he saw Kahi leaving the premises, perhaps getting back to the classroom. And as he looked around, he did not see Min Hyuk at all. He felt sorry for Min Hyuk that Shin Hye was avoiding him. How could he make the two patch up? Should he talk to Hyukkie and tell him to give it up, just as he had?

"This love song is for this certain girl who recently caught my eye," Yong Hwa said to his class.

"It's me, geureohchyo?" students began asking him.

Yong Hwa smiled his tantalizing grin before looking at Shin Hye.

"She's just an ordinary girl, nothing special, but I like her," he confessed.

"Omo," Gyojangnim mused. "He is looking this way. To whom did he dedicate the song?"

The principal was curious because all the teachers near him were female teachers, save for the tomboy. He did not take the fact into consideration. What if Yong Hwa was confessing to the tomboy after all?

"Awwww... Jung-ssaem is so romantic!"

"What's your body temperature, Jung-ssaem?" asked the new female dance teacher. "Coz you're so hot!"

"KYAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!" all the other teachers screamed happily.

Shin Hye wanted to smile, she wanted to frown, she did not know what to do. Her heart went dugeun dugeun, but she could not move. And Yong Hwa still did not end his charade, as he serenaded Shin Hye through his music class.

****

When Kahi went inside the faculty room, she saw Jung Shin laughing hysterically at the Doraemon manga that he was reading. When he saw her, he mused and closed the manga.

"Should you be bringing one to school?" Kahi chided him. "You're a teacher, not a yoochiwonsaeng (kindergarten kid)."

Jung Shin smiled, got up, and twirled to Kahi's table.

"Noona, there's no way you're gonna tell the principal, right?" Jung Shin asked her.

"And why would I tell him?" Kahi asked him. "I don't have anything to do with your affairs."

Jung Shin smiled and asked her.

"Noona, did you just come from Charlie's chocolate factory?" Jung Shin asked.

Kahi raised an eyebrow and told him she had never been there. 

"Why! I had never even seen the movie!"

"I am sure you had been there," Jung Shin insisted.

"And what made you so sure?" she spat back.

"Coz you're so sweet," Jung Shin told the punch line of his pickup line.

Kahi stood up in her irritation, but Jung Shin held her by the wrist, twisted her to him, and kissed her lips passionately. Kahi resisted and pushed him, then slapped him hard. Jung Shin was shocked at the slap, and looked at her in hurt.

"You think you are so cool, huh? You think all girls will fall for your charms?" Kahi pointed out. "Well, I am different, Lee Jung Shin. And I don't like a ert like you!"

Jung Shin looked in hurt as he watched her leave the room. His tear glands formed tears and let them fall off his eyes. His chest was really aching for his effort to get Kahi was futile.

"Now... now... all is lost... I don't have any reason to live..." he thought as he looked at the door.

Then, he went out of the room and ascended the stairs to cry. Unknown to him, Hyukkie was leaning by the staircase, sulking.

"You know the feeling too, Jung Shin-ah?" Hyukkie thought in pain before letting tears fall.

****

Meanwhile, Yong Hwa finished his third round of love songs, and the principal thought it was time to get back to the classroom. Shin Hye protested to going back because she thought she saw Yong Hwa winking at her.

But Jong Hyun pulled her away, and this time, Yong Hwa's fist came together. It was evident that Jong Hyun was making him jealous to his face.

 

~~~~