Meet The Parents

And The Manly Girl Falls In Love

Saturday morning.

After all five of them finished cleaning the house, Min Hyuk thrived in the kitchen to cook lunch. Jung Shin went back to his room to sew some of his outfits for another fashion show that Min Young had staged. Yong Hwa was in his room, composing some songs for class. Jong Hyun and Shin Hye were in the living room, watching WWE DVDs. 

The fight that they were watching were by John Cena and The Rock. Jong Hyun was rooting for The Rock, and Shin Hye for John Cena. But because the two did not agree again, they ended up wrestling each other in the living room.

"You're so gonna pay for defying me!" Jong Hyun threatened as he put a fist inside Shin Hye's mouth.

But Shin Hye kicked him who tightened his grip.

"Oy, oy, are you gonna kill each other?" Jung Shin asked as he got out of his room with his styled outfit.

"If that is what we need to do," Shin Hye said.

The two looked at the sunny man twirling around in his suit.

"Hyung, I think you forgot we have a fashion shoot this afternoon," Jung Shin reminded his hyung.

"Of course, I did not forget," Jong Hyun said. "Min Young-noona's classmate wanted his models to look good with muscles during the shoot."

"And is this your way of exercise?" Shin Hye spat back at her nemesis.

"Geurae, Sweetheart," Jong Hyun replied as he chocked her around his arm.

"Shin Hye-ya," Yong Hwa called out as he exited the room.

When he saw Shin Hye and Jong Hyun on the verge of killing each other, he got a bit upset. He did not know what he was feeling, but he knew he did not like it. He knew that he did not want Jong Hyun to be torturing Shin Hye like the latter had a lot of debts to pay.

"You are killing her," Yong Hwa told Jong Hyun.

"Geokjeongma, Hyung," Jong Hyun said to dispel the worry. "Shin Hye and I had done this for years, and both of us are still alive."

"Coz you're made of bad blood," Shin Hye taunted her nemesis, earning her another fist in the mouth.

"Geumanhae," Yong Hwa said to the two to stop.

He put on a grave face on Jong Hyun, who thought that Yong had been protective of Shin Hye again.

"Don't kill my dongsaeng," Yong Hwa said.

Shin Hye's face fell. She thought that Yong Hwa was finally seeing her in another light... after staying with her in a dim room.

"But I am your dongsaeng too!" Jung Shin piped up, his lips pursed like begging for love.

Yong Hwa face-palmed him and shooed him away before turning back to Jong Hyun and Shin Hye.

"Shin Hye-ya, I receive a call from Min Young-noona stating that your bumonim are coming over for a visit," Yong said. "Before they go visit her and Jae Beom-hyung."

"MWO????" Shin Hye and Jong Hyun screamed in chorus.

"Shucks! Why will Eomma and Appa be here?" Shin Hye complained.

"Molla, but they are coming here this afternoon," Yong Hwa said.

"They will skin me off my hide," Jong Hyun complained, knowing how Shin Hye's parents disliked him to death.

Jung Shin smirked. If Shin Hye's bumonim are going to get to the house, he and Jong Hyun should steer clear. And Min Hyuk should also stay out of the house.

"Ohhh, Hyukkie~~~~" Jung Shin crooned as he walked to the kitchen.

The other three looked at him go.

"Just what is with him?" Yong Hwa asked. "I swear, that guy is totally weird."

"Noona will hold another fashion show this afternoon, and Jung Shin is gonna walk the ramp again," Shin Hye shared.

"Good," Yong Hwa said gravely. "I want him out of the house when your parents are gonna be here."

"Waeyo?" the two troublemakers asked.

And Yong Hwa looked at them weirdly, as if the two did not understood anything.

"Jung Shin's just gonna make a mess here," Yong Hwa said. Then, to Jong Hyun, "You'll be in a fashion show, geureohchi?"

"Ne, Hyung," Jong Hyun sighed in relief as he massaged his chest. "Thank goodness for fashion shows."

Yong Hwa could only imagine Shin Hye's parents' ire for Jong Hyun. Meanwhile, Shin Hye began to blush when she thought that only she and Yong Hwa will be staying inside the house.

"Omo, Sweetheart, your face is burning," Jong Hyun remarked as he touched her face to pinch her cheeks in retaliation.

Yong Hwa did not like seeing the two getting too much skinship. Seriously, it irked him that Jong Hyun still looked at Shin Hye as a guy. Or, does the Korean literature teacher enjoy touching the English teacher?

*PAK!

"Ouch!!" Jong Hyun screamed as he let go of his hand on Shin Hye's face.

He looked up to see Yong Hwa with an angry expression. It was Yong who slapped Jong Hyun's hand.

"Don't pinch my dongsaeng's face like that," he reminded Jong Hyun. "Her bumonim might inquire why her face is all bloated, and I am so gonna bust it was your doing."

"Hyung!"

"Do you wanna die?" Yong Hwa asked.

Jong Hyun realized it was not already about just Yong Hwa acting as a hyung to Shin Hye. Lately, the two had been close, and Jong Hyun suddenly felt jealous at Yong Hwa.

"Get ready for the fashion show this afternoon," Yong Hwa said as he pulled Shin Hye to the kitchen.

As the two left, Jong Hyun sat on the floor, looking at them jealously. The show on TV was at its peak, with John Cena and The Rock still not calling it quits.

"By any chance, Hyung, do you like her?" Jong Hyun asked himself.

****

Nevertheless, Jung Shin was able to drag Jong Hyun away from the house for the fashion show, but he could not persuade Min Hyuk to stay in his room and read all his Oouku manga, or even to hang out at Goo-ssaem's house. Min Hyuk insisted he should cook dinner and entertain Shin Hye's bumonim amiably.

At four in the afternoon, Shin Hye was impatiently waiting for her parents while doing some jogs along the front yard when she caught sight of her parents.

"Eomma! Appa!" she exclaimed as she ran.

She opened the gate for her parents and led them inside the house. Meanwhile, Yong Hwa and Min Hyuk came out from the kitchen where they had been cooking dinner.

"Annyeonghashimnikka?" the two teachers greeted.

Eomma looked at the short teacher with long hair up to his shoulder, hair fringes covering one eye. She also saw the neat teacher with the eye-smile.

"Annyeong?" Appa blurted out. "I see that you've got some fine lads for housemates."

"Ah, ne," Shin Hye said in that typical tomboy manners of hers.

Eomma cleared as she eyed Yong Hwa.

"Shin Hye-ya, do not disappoint me with girlfriends anymore. Go grab that beautiful young man!" she joked, pointing at Yong Hwa.

Shin Hye blurted out a, "Ne?????"

Min Hyuk, though hurting, smiled at the couple and commended his hyung for taking care of Shin Hye a lot.

"Aigoooo, this other cute cute," Eomma crooned as she approached Hyukkie and pinched him on the cheeks.

The elder couple exchanged pleasantries with the two teachers, but it was Hyukkie who accommodated them the most, hoping his good points can earn him Shin Hye's parents' approval.

And perhaps, a marriage contract.

Finally, when the couple settled in the living room, Eomma turned to her daughter.

"Min Youngie told me that you sold your soul to a certain Lee Jung Shin?" Eomma asked Shin Hye.

"Eomma! I did not sell my soul! Besides, it's bad!" Shin Hye protested.

Hyukkie, who went to the kitchen, got back with a tray of fresh juice. As he placed the tray on the table, Eomma turned to him and smiled.

"Omona, this young man is a dear!" Eomma said. "He could make a good husband."

"Yeah, Min Young-noona will surely love it," Shin Hye said as she grabbed a glass of juice.

"Aish, call her eonni, huh?" Eomma chided her daughter. "I want Min Hyuk to be your hubby."

Shin Hye choked on her juice and coughed. Min Hyuk sat beside her, and, the gentleman that he always was, tapped her back and attended to her with care.

"See?" Eomma gushed. "Uri Min Hyuk will make a good husband to uri Shin Hye."

"Eomma!" the poor tomboy protested.

Min Hyuk was blushing hard but he smiled at the elder couple, nonetheless. Yong Hwa did not like it a bit that Min Hyuk was being too caring for his "dongsaeng."

"I will take care of Chingu so that she'll be happy," Min Hyuk said to Eomma.

"Bwahahhaha, this is just too cute!" Appa snortled.

Yong Hwa took his place beside Shin Hye, making her sandwiched between the guys. Yong Hwa brushed Hyukkie's hand away and tapped Shin Hye forcefully on her back.

And Shin Hye coughed in full force.

"Hyung! You are too harsh!" Hyukkie protested.

"That was a bit weak, Hyukkie," Yong Hwa said. "Nae dongsaeng will die of aspiration if no juice is spitted out."

Eomma and Appa looked at the exchange of words between the two male teachers. They wanted Min Hyuk because he was a gentleman and a sweet one, but they also liked Yong Hwa for being alert and protective.

"Yeobo, I have never seen a guy this protective of uri Shin Hye," Eomma whispered to Appa.

"Ne, matda," Appa said in agreement.

"Cough it out, Shin Hye," Yong Hwa said as he continued to slap her back.

Shin Hye gasped for air and continued to cough. After a few seconds, she inhaled and exhaled like she had been deprived of oxygen for a good four minutes. Her instincts told her to lean on Yong Hwa, so she grabbed his shirt and leaned closer to wipe the saliva off her lips.

"EWWWWWW!!!!!" Eomma and Appa chorused as they cringed.

(Laugh track)

Hyukkie looked at the parents before looking back at Yong Hwa and Shin Hye. Seeing Yong Hwa stunned while sitting there, with Shin Hye hiding her face under his chest made Min Hyuk's heart clench.

"Chingu.... wae?" he thought bitterly.

"Aigoo... so cute!" Eomma gushed in a lovesick teenager.

Finally, Shin Hye let go of leaning on Yong and gasped for air.

"Eomma... *cough* that was a really bad joke, you know," Shin Hye retorted in agony.

"Mianhae, Shin Hye-ya, you really need a guy to make you into a girl," Eomma said.

"Eomma! I am a boy!" Shin Hye protested.

"Ani," Appa said. "Now, where is your room?"

Min Hyuk stood up and looked back at Shin Hye.

"It's all right for Eomonim and Abeonim to be in your room, geureohchyo?" he asked her.

"Ne... whatever," Shin Hye drawled helplessly.

Min Hyuk's heart was torn again. If he could only tear himself apart, 50% of him will accompany the parents to Shin Hye's room and be a good boy while the other half will comfort the choking Shin Hye.

"Gwaenchanha, Hyukkie," he comforted himself though tears were starting to form inside his heart.

Yong Hwa looked at the three people go upstairs, and he put his arms around Shin Hye.

"Dongsaengi, I am glad to meet your parents," he whispered to her.

To her, his voice was so husky and romantic that she began to blush as no tomboy should. Guys do not act like that, do they?

"Hyung," she whispered as she turned to look up to him.

But it was a mistake to look up because she had not estimated...

How close their faces were...

Shin Hye blushed so hard that Yong Hwa noticed it.

"Gwaenchanha?" he asked plainly.

"Ne..." she replied in a tomboy way, got up, and went out of the house.

She really need to get herself together, or else, Yong Hwa will really know her secret.

Of course, she wanted him to know. It's just that, she wanted him to reciprocate it as well.

 

 

~~~~