Love Triangle Part 3

And The Manly Girl Falls In Love

Yeoreobun, I have already explained that I will intensify the love triangle between Jong Hyun, Shin Hye, and Min Hyuk before Yong Hwa arrives, right? I will intensify the conflict before our tomboy princess can have a glimpse of her handsome prince, the fourth guy. So, please wait, algesseoyo?

****

"MWO?" Shin Hye asked, startled. "Did...did you just sell me to Lee Jung Shin?"

Min Young smirked.

"You sold yourself," she told Shin Hye. "You suggested Lee Jung Shin, remember?"

Shin Hye shut her eyes in anger and palm-faced herself. Of course, it was her fault. But she did not know it will lead to this ordeal.

"Arasseo, I will do as he says," Shin Hye said. "But I will punch him till he bleeds should he harass me again."

"It's already evening, and you need to...."

"Ye, ye, I got it," Shin Hye interfered. "I will pack my things and say goodbye to Jae Beom-hyung."

The thought of calling Jae Beom as hyung still unnerved Min Young.

"Be good to nae Jung Shin-ssi, arasseo?" Min Young spitefully requested her.

"Ne...ne..."

*****

The next morning at school, Min Hyuk looked happy as he saw Shin Hye passing by his table.

"Annyeonghaseyo, nae chingu?" he greeted her.

Shin Hye's thoughts were full, thanks to the gay Math teacher, but she greeted Min Hyuk politely. When she got to her seat, there was no Lee Jung Shin in sight, and she heaved a grateful sigh. To her delight, there was also no Lee Jong Hyun. Why are the Lee teachers missing?

"Well, I really don't care," she thought as she gathered her books.

****

Shin Hye was giving her students some seatwork because her head was full of thoughts. Her phone vibrated because she had it in silent mode, and she checked to see a message from her beloved hyung.

"Shin Hye-ya, Noona told me you will be going away," the message read. "I will miss you..."

To this, Shin Hye replied, "I will still be here in Seoul, Hyung. It's just that I made a suggestion which ended up as a disaster for me, but as a benefit to Noona."

From his cubicle in his office, Jae Beom read the note and smirked. Of course, he knew Shin Hye created her own misery, but he will miss her a lot. To have a sister act as a brother, he will surely miss those times.

"Pffff.... that Lee Jung..."

"Ssaem, we are done," one student piped up.

"All right, exchange papers like the way I taught you," Shin Hye said.

At the count of ten, all the studens exchanged papers clockwise so that they won't be able to cheat their answers. Shin Hye rattled off the answers of the question. Since it was a ten-item test, the students finished checking each other's papers. The teacher had them return it counterclockwise before announcing of a spelling quiz.

"Ssaem...." the students grumbled.

This was not the reception she had been expecting. She thought the students were robots who study without complaints and reach the top. She thought that the biggest embarrassment would be to score 5 out of 10 and be the news in their grade. The favorite sentence of the students, she thought, was, "Who failed the test?" due to the fact that almost all were the very intelligent students.

"Ssaem, just because we are intelligent, it does not mean we do not feel the pressure," the student head said to her.

She told the students her expectation because that was what she had heard from the other people.

"They don't know us," one student rationalized.

"It doesn't matter," Shin Hye said. "You all claim to want to go to America or London, and you do not want spelling quizzes?"

The students grumbled again as they grabbed pieces of paper for the quiz. Shin Hye rattled off the first of ten words.

Discriminate.

Pen scribbles could be heard but Shin Hye's mind was still a mess. Of course, she had no idea that Jong Hyun and Min Hyuk were vying for her attention, but one thing made her want to go crazy. Lee Jung Shin.

And speaking of Jung Shin, another person came to mind. Just who is Jung Yong Hwa?

"Ssaem?"

Shin Hye woke up from her dilemma and continued.

Dissect. Kine. Crwth. Somnambulism. Intimidated. Cyborg. Pamphlet. Exaggerated.

The moment Shin Hye was about to tell the last word, she gazed out the window and ended up seeing a chic lady with a flowy dress and ankle boots. Her heart wanted to faint at the spot because of her infatuation.

Infatuation.

That was what she said, and the students scribbled.

"Ssaem, is it the last?"

Shin Hye saw through her list and saw that it was done, so she told the students to exchange papers. She wrote down the correct answers on the board, but when she wrote the last word, all the students were puzzled.

"Ssaem, did you just tell us 'infatuation?'" one student asked.

"Anio."

The students complained, and Shin Hye remembered her little fantasy. The word she wrote down was "overboard", but she wrote down 'infatuation' anyway. The students cried that they only got 'infatuation' right.

****

That afternoon, Jae Beom and Shin Hye packed her things into his car, and he drove her to the address specified by Min Young. When they arrived, they saw that Jung Shin's house was a cozy house but with an elegant style. The two of them got out, and Shin Hye approached the doorbell. Over the intercom monitor, she saw Jung Shin, who answered.

"Omo, nae jagiya is here!" Jung  Shin crooned.

The two visitors waited as the Math teacher exited the house, and the latter invited the two inside. From the outside, the house looked small, but it was actually a bit spacious inside. There were four rooms downstairs, and four room upstairs. One open space led to the kitchen/dining room.

"The first room to the kitchen is mine," Jung Shin explained. "So when delicious food is served, I get to eat first."

"How pathetic," Shin Hye thought.

"This one, next to mine, is the bathroom and restroom. The other two are rooms, but the one closest to the living room belongs to my boarder."

"So...you take in boarders?" Jae Beom asked.

"Ne," Jung Shin told. But as if knowing what Jae Beom might request, he rejoined. "But all of the rooms have been taken."

"Ah...arasseo," Jae Beom said, crestfallen. He had wanted to rent to stay close to his sister.

Jung Shin showed them the rooms upstairs, and he led them to the stairs by the door. From the balcony, one can see the vastness of the living room. Shin Hye realized that when she saw it.

"This room is occupied," Jung Shin said of the first room by the stairs. "And so is that over there. So, you occupy this second room."

"What about the last room?" Jae Beom asked, hoping to settle for the last room.

"Hwajangshil (Bathroom)," was Jung Shin's laconic answer.

Jae Beom remembered that Jung Shin had not spoken about the first room next to the door, the room near the living room, so he asked about it.

"My parents use that room when they come here," Jung Shin smirked, and he smiled when he saw that Jae Beom was crestfallen again. "I understand you will miss your little sis."

"I am not his sister!" Shin Hye shot back at Jung Shin.

"His cousin, then?" Jung Shin playfully replied.

"Sorry for her behavior, but she is my little sis."

"Hyung!" Shin Hye ed.

Jae Beom looked at her with a sorry stare. "Mianhae, Shin Hye-ya, you are technically female, but I treat you as nae namdongsaeng."

Jung Shin took out a bunch of keys, and opened the door in the middle of the other two. When they entered, Shin Hye smiled that the room was neutral in color. She was thankful that Jung Shin did not hire someone to color the room pink. Jae Beom placed his sister's things on the floor, and he hugged her one time before saying goodbye. After the hug, the two knocked fists, and Shin Hye accompanied him downstairs. As Jae Beom exited the gate and got into his car, tears suddenly spilled from Shin Hye's eyes. She was not one who cries easily, but her heart melts when it comes to Jae Beom, who understands her more than anyone else in the world.

"Awwww.... I so envy your relationship with him," Jung Shin crooned as he twiddled with his fingers. "I wish I have a sibling too."

Shin Hye suddenly felt sorry for Jung Shin when he explained that he was an only child. It made her hate him less. Suddenly the gates opened, and the two turn around. Shin Hye was excited to meet the other boarders when she was taken aback, stupified.

"Chingu?"

It was Min Hyuk.

"You...you live here too?" was Shin Hye's query.

"Ne," was Min Hyuk's confused reply. "Yeogiseo wae (Why are you here)?"

Jung Shin explained how it call came about. It was good news for Min Hyuk, who announced that he will be cooking dinner. The other two watched the teacher getting in the room next to Jung Shin's bumonim's room.

"You see, Hyukkie cooks our food," Jung Shin said as he his lips like a hungry child. "And he cooks for me. He is really motherly."

"I can see that," Shin Hye said, trying not to be rude. She suddenly remembered him saying he wished he had siblings.

Later on, Min Hyuk exited his room and hurried to the kitchen to cook. Shin Hye offered to cook with him so that the other teacher will not be burdened.

"Gwaenchanha?" he asked her.

"Ne..."

Jung Shin went with them to the kitchen to help them cooking. After some thirty minutes, Jung Shin exited the kitchen to open the door, for Shin Hye had locked it.

"Aish, why lock the door?" a familiar voice reached Shin Hye's ears.

Shin Hye ran to the living room to see a tall figure with shaggy long hair up to the shoulders. The figure was wide-eyed when he saw Shin Hye standing.

"Neo?????" the two echoed.

"Why is she here?" Jong Hyun angrily asked Jung Shin.

"Well, well, well, you are surprised, geureohchi?" Jung Shin drawled with a y mocking voice. And he proceeded to explain why Shin Hye was there in the first place. "And she occupies the room next to yours."

"Mwo?" Shin Hye asked, unable to believe.

"Sweetheart, isn't it fun?" Jong Hyun snarled at her. "If I want to brawl with you after classes, we can do so in the backyard instead of along the streets."

"Yeah, sure sounds fun, Sweetheart," Shin Hye replied in sarcasm. "At least, those gang members who pulled a trigger at me will not find us."

"Mwo?" Min Hyuk asked, growing pale. "Did you just say...?"

"Jamkkan, jamkkan," Jung Shin said. "What gang members? Jong Hyun-hyung, you never shared a thing about that. Neomu apa!"

Jong Hyun cringed to see Jung Shin pouting like an uljjang girl.

"Stop acting gay, pfff," Jong Hyun hissed.

"Arasseo," Jung Shin said, getting a bit annoyed. "But do not turn my house...er, my parents house...into a wrestling arena. Go to the streets."

"Aish, jaemi eopseo (no fun)," Shin Hye and Jong Hyun complained.

"Jeo~~ let's continue cooking," Min Hyuk said with a smile that made his chinky eyes even smaller.

"Joha," Jung Shin winked as he flipped his hair.

"Count me out of this," Jong Hyun yawned as he scratched his head and messing up his shaggy mane. "I'm damn tired."

"Kekekeke, it is just an alibi that you do not want to cook," Shin Hye taunted him.

"MWO?????" Jong Hyun shouted.

The two ended up again wrestling in the living room, making Jung Shin very amused indeed.

"Well, well, looks like our house is gonna be merry," he said to Min Hyuk with regard.

"Geunde... they are not going to hurt each other, will they?"

"They had done it for years," Jung Shin said. "He never shares this with you, but he shares them with me all the time. And when I saw Shin Hye for the first time, I cannot believe myself that this is the same girl--er tomboy who gets into fights with Lee Jong Hyun-hyung."

Min Hyuk's eyes suddenly turned sad. Though Shin Hye and Jong Hyun were always fighting, they got so much skinship. He saw Jong Hyun wrapping an arm around Shin Hye's neck and putting a fist to , and Shin Hye jabbing the other guy with her elbow and locking his legs.

"They sure are close," he said to Jung Shin sadly. He cannot deny to himself, nor can he admit to Jung Shin, that he was really jealous.

"Hmmmm.... so Hyukkie is jealous of Jong Hyun-hyung?" Jung Shin smirked to himself. "Andwae.... Shin Hye should not fall in love with either of the two. She should fall for Yong Hwa-hyung, and Hyung with her so that Kahi-noona is mine. Kekekekekek."

He pulled Hyukkie, who tried to protest, so that the two of them can continue cooking, leaving the other two fighting and punching.

****

After dinner, the two Lees washed the dishes, leaving Shin Hye and Min Hyuk sitting by the doorway. The moon was bright and round, and a figure of the rabbit cooking rice cakes appeared on the surface of the moon. This, they did not see because Min Hyuk was attending to Shin Hye's wound on her cheek.

"Chingu and Jong Hyun-hyung sure should stop fighting," Min Hyuk said in concern.

"Why are you putting medicine on my face?" Shin Hye asked.

"It's because you have a very smooth and flawless skin, and even if you are a tomboy, many girls and guys will like you for being pretty."

Shin Hye hated being called pretty, and it did upset her a lot, so Hyukkie had to apologize. After cleaning her wound, the two of them looked at the moon.

"Jong Hyun-hyung and Jung Shin came to teach first in school, and Hyung lived far so Jung Shin offered to have him live here," Hyukkie shared. "I also got in the school the same time as they did, last year, but I only lived in this house after winter break, which was why I never got to really know all about Jong Hyun-hyung's secret fights with you. And I am not really that close with him because he is moody."

"Ne... he really is," Shin Hye affirmed. "I got used to his moody appearance."

Shin Hye punched her cheeks again.

"Babo, babo, babo!" she whined like a real girl. "If I had not suggested Jung Shin as the substitute model, I will not be here. Aigooooo.... our house is not that far from the school!"

"My house is not that far too, but because my parents went to settle in Japan, the house is barren. And that is why Jung Shin had me stay here. But I am glad that you are here," Min Hyuk told her. "My only close companion in the faculty room is Goo-seonsaengnim because she is like a mother to me. Here, Jong Hyun-hyung and Jung Shin are close, and Yong Hwa-hyung is unapproachable."

"What do you mean, 'unapproachable?'" Shin Hye asked.

"Yong Hwa-hyung is serious, but not hot-headed like Jong Hyun-hyung," Min Hyuk shared. "Though I really cannot judge his character well because two weeks after I came here, he had been sent by the school to Vienna for extra lessons."

Shin Hye nodded. She was really curious as to how Yong Hwa looked like, and why Jung Shin had been telling her that only Yong Hwa can change her.

As the two continued to talk, they did not realize that Jong Hyun was standing by the junction between the kitchen and the living room, staring at them. Jong Hyun's chest clenched, and he did not like seeing the closeness of the two. With him, Shin Hye is very violent. With Min Hyuk, she is mostly calm.

"Wae?" he thought bitterly.

"Ahooooo~~~~" Jung Shin chimed in as he got out of his room.

"Stop being gay!" Jong Hyun chided him.

"I am not gay, Sweetheart," Jung Shin told him, calling him the sarcastic pet name Jong Hyun used on Shin Hye.

"Ew!" Jong Hyun complained.

"Yeoreobun, Yong Hwa-hyung is on the phone," Jung Shin announced as he strutted to the center of the living room.

Min Hyuk and Shin Hye stood up to sit on the sofa.

"Yeoboseyo, Hyung?" Jung Shin said without putting the phone to his ears.

And Shin Hye realized he had the phone on loudspeaker.

"Annyeong?" came a solemn husky voice from the other line.

The first time Shin Hye heard the voice, it gave her goosebumps. Most of the time, girls gave her those feelings, and the last time she had goosebumps was when Yoo Bi smiled at her during graduation before Shin Hye knew about Yoo Bi and Jin Woon being a couple.

"Mwoya?" Shin Hye asked herself. "He has a very beautiful voice!"

Time stopped for her, wondering how the owner of the voice looked like.

"Hyung, ppalli wa (hurry up and come)," Jung Shin said excitedly.

"Do you have chocolates for me, Hyung?" Jong Hyun asked from the background.

"Eopseo," was the laconic answer.

"Aish, nappeun Hyung (bad Hyung)," Jong Hyun mumbled.

"Hyung, we have a new boarder," Min Hyuk shared.

"Okay?~~" Yong Hwa drawled, sending some shiver to Shin Hye's spines.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Jung-seonsaengnim?" Shin Hye greeted, knowing that the other was also a teacher. She introduced herself formally.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Park-seonsaengnim?" Yong Hwa said. "Bangawoyo."

Yong Hwa spoke less even when asked, but Jung Shin finally was able to pull the strings and play with them.

"Hyung, did you miss Kahi-noona?" Jung Shin asked.

"Are you being impolite to the Cold Witch?" Jong Hyun asked Jung Shin.

"Geurae, bogo shipeosseo (I missed her)," Yong Hwa said. "Wae?"

"Geunyang!" Jung Shin replied vaguely. He already had a plan up his sleeves.

"Tsh..."

"Hyung, can you sing for us?" he asked the Music teacher.

Yong Hwa immediately sang a part of the song "Payphone," and Jung Shin mouthed the lyrics along. Min Hyuk pretended to play drums as he banged the arm of the sofa, and Jong Hyun pretended to play the guitar. Shinnie mused as he looked at the stupified expression on Shin Hye's face, and he saw her blush.

"Super smart you are, Lee Jung Shin," Jung Shin congratulated himself. "I can almost see Shin Hye turning into a real lady for Yong Hwa-hyung.... Kekekekek. And Kahi-noona will be mine. Don't get in my way, Hyukkie and Jong Hyun-hyung..."

Shin Hye did not realize that she was being Jung Shin's yarn. All she knew that she was mesmerized with Yong Hwa's voice... and she did not realize something.

She had started to fall....

For a guy.

 

~~~~