That Awkward Moment When...

And The Manly Girl Falls In Love

It was Min Hyuk and Jong Hyun who were up so early that Sunday morning. Because Shin Hye's parents had gone to Min Young's house to visit Min Young and Jae Beom, they only cooked what sufficed them because Yong Hwa hated to waste on food.

"And there she went," Jong Hyun talked about Seung Hyun's girlfriend. "She sat on my lap and I smirked at her."

"I will find it hard to imagine that a lady killer is actually a Korean literature teacher," Hyukkie poked fun at him.

"I recited lines from some of the classics," Jong Hyun bragged. "But Hyung gave me a dark look of jealousy when he saw his girlfriend on my lap."

"And did Hyung kick you out?" Hyukkie asked.

"Of course, he could not kick me out," Jong Hyun bragged. "I helped him get all his five girlfriends, you know."

Hyukkie smiled. He knew Seung Hyun to be a gentleman, but he did not know nor understand why the secretive guy suddenly earned himself five girlfriends at once.

As they laughed at the events, they noticed Jung Shin getting out of his room like in a bad mood.

"Oy, you should wash my clothes today," Jong Hyun told Jung Shin. "You practically vomited on my fave outfit, you know."

Jung Shin gave him a blank look, which was unusual because the otaku had always been flirty and jolly.

"Omo, gwaenchanha?" Min Hyuk asked as he got near the Math teacher.

Jung Shin sat on one of the chairs and propped his head with his palm. He had a faraway look on his face, and it earned him curious looks from the two. Then, the two saw Shin Hye getting out of her room, looking as spent as Jung Shin was. The two went to her and did not ask anything. For Jong Hyun, he found it real odd that Shin Hye was this spent.

"Omo, did someone break her heart?" was his hunch, knowing Shin Hye looked almost like that when Yoo Bi ended up with Jung Jin Woon. Hyukkie did not know anything about what happened, so he went to Shin Hye and brought her to the kitchen.

"Hyung and I cooked something delicious today, so please eat lots, huh?" Hyukkie said.

Jong Hyun sat across Shin Hye and held her hand.

"Sweetheart, do you want to go elsewhere?" he asked her tenderly. "Is something wrong?"

Shin Hye looked at him blankly before looking back at Jung Shin, who was staring at the wall. She looked back at her nemesis and shook her head.

"Shin Hye-chingu, please do not starve yourself," Hyukkie said in worry as he set the table. "You vomited lots last night too."

Then Hyukkie snapped his fingers at Jung Shin to wake him up. And Jong Hyun's vision followed Shin Hye, who looked back at the otaku.

 

Shin Hye's flashback

She sat beside Jung Shin and ordered something to eat.

"Give me some of that," she demanded to the other teacher.

The otaku wiped his eyes and watched as the bartender gave Shin Hye a glass filled with ice.

"You need to eat as we get drunk, you know," she told him before breaking down into tears.

"So, you saw them, huh?" he asked.

Shin Hye looked at him, and he explained that he saw her stupified at the kiss. Jung Shin tried to laugh, but he also broke down and cried. The two teachers filled each other's glass with whisky, and they drowned on tapa. It was Happy Hour, and Jung Shin was thankful that the prices were affordable. Heck, if he could drown in his own tears for Kahi, he could always think of Happy Hour and splurge instead of splurging on new Marguerite Vodka shirts.

When the two of them were drunk, Shin Hye drawled.

"I kissed Yong Hwa-hyung already," she bragged.

"Geurae? Good thing for you. Hyung's lips touched a lot of women already, but I never got to kiss Kahi-noona," Jung Shin drawled.

"Why does not he look at me? Is it because I am not a good kisser?" Shin Hye asked. "After all, my two kisses with Yong Hwa-hyung were just pecks."

"I kissed a lot of girls in college," Jung Shin bragged. "Do you want me to teach you?"

Shin Hye leaned forward and nodded. It will not look weird because Shin Hye's a tomboy with short hair, while Jung Shin's got long hair. To the bartender, it was weird that the two were talking about who they're kissing who.

"Teach me, Jung Shin-ah," she drawled.

Jung Shin leaned forward and wrapped his arms around Shin Hye, feeling happy to have kissed a girl despite the tomboy persona. Shin Hye did not know about open-mouth kissing, and it was the otaku who had taught it to her. And she had to admit, Jung Shin's a great kisser.

End of flashback

 

Shin Hye remembered her kiss with Jung Shin, but she did not know if the otaku did too.

"Sweetheart?"

Shin Hye looked at Jong Hyun, who had a worried look on his face.

"It does not suit you," she poked fun at him.

"Of course it does not suit me!" came Jong Hyun's irate reply.

Hyukkie looked at him, and Jung Shin got back from lala-land and looked at his hyung. Shin Hye was startled that Jong Hyun screamed so early in the morning.

"Look, I will not get worried if you are just being yourself," Jong Hyun said. "So stop that already and eat breakfast."

Hyukkie saw that Jong Hyun was really affected. Then, Yong Hwa came in the kitchen, a bit down and all. When Shin Hye and Jung Shin saw Yong Hwa, they tried to walk away, but Hyukkie let Jung Shin sit beside him, and Jong Hyun sat beside Shin Hye.

"What in the world is going on?" Yong Hwa asked them.

"Ask yourself, Hyung," Jong Hyun came in offensively. "Hyukkie and I did not know what got into these two last night, but you were also not yourself last night. And you asked what is going on???"

It hit Yong Hwa and looked at Jong Hyun.

"Why were you not at the party last night?" he asked.

"Do I have to elaborate how I flirted with Seung Hyun-hyung's girlfriend?" Jong Hyun shot back at him.

Shin Hye turned to Jong Hyun, "Flirted?"

"It doesn't matter already," Min Hyuk finally said. "Jong Hyun-hyung and I cooked breakfast, so you all got to eat it. If you have a problem, fix it after breakfast."

Jong Hyun nodded and looked at the other three. Something indeed was going on, but they need to break their fast.

 

Yong Hwa's flashback:

After the kiss, Kahi looked at him solemnly.

"Saranghanda, Noona," he whispered.

Kahi gave him a look of uncertainty.

"Can...can we stop this?" she asked. "I am not ready."

"Noona... I can wait," Yong Hwa begged.

"But I cannot let you wait," Kahi said. "It's unfair. You've been waiting for me your whole life, and I gave no hints. Can we just... drop this?"

"Noona..."

"Please don't like me," Kahi begged. "Please don't wait for me."

Yong Hwa started to cry. He had just confessed and kissed, but Kahi dropped him just like that.

"Is it because of our ?" he asked.

True.

"Yes, but while I don't mind that I might end up with someone younger than me, I... I just can't let your hopes up. Mianhae..."

And Kahi walked away, leaving Yong Hwa to deal with it on his own.

And he saw that she did not go back to the resto, so he started to walk home alone.

End of flashback:

 

 

~~~~