Misleading?

And The Manly Girl Falls In Love

Yong Hwa indeed did not cook breakfast for Shin Hye out of sheer anger. Who would not felt harassed after a night of torture? Min Hyuk wanted to cook for her, but Yong Hwa had forbidden him. Jong Hyun wanted to box Yong Hwa, but the hyung was adamant and would not even budge at the handsome troublemaker. Only Jung Shin did not make any comments about it. Truly, his plans had been shaping out, and it just needed three volumes or more of "Darker Than Black," "Ouku," or "Doraemon" mangas to be able to see the result unfolding before his eyes.

****

Shin Hye was grumbling by the time she entered the faculty room, and she shot a glance at Yong Hwa, who was busy talking, erhm, flirting with Park Kahi. Indeed, Shin Hye felt so much jealousy that she turned her back from the sight and turned to her books. A little while, a cup of yogurt appeared in front of her table, and she saw Goo-seonsaegnim smiling at her.

"It seems that my little daughter is hungry," Goo-ssaem said to her.

Shin Hye's heartstrings were tugged at the caring act. She so missed her eomma and her appa, and she missed Jae Beom a lot. She wanted to cry and hug the old teacher and call her "Eomma," but it was inappropriate.

"Ne... Gamsahamnida," Shin Hye said.

Goo-ssaem went back to her seat and looked at the hungry English teacher gulp down the sticky yogurt like it was just some form of drink.

****

"Ssaem, I don't think you are teaching us right about the adjectival clause and the adverbial clause," one cutesy-looking student smartly informed Shin Hye about the lesson.

"You listen up," Shin Hye said, trying to get hold of herself. She was intensely hungry, like some lions had been growling inside her stomach for days, but she did not want to faint nor cause inconvenience to her students.

And so, she taught them her tricks on how to differentiate adverbial clauses from adjectival clauses. The students were wide-eyed, as they suddenly understood the lesson through Shin Hye's secret technique, like some black veil had been taken down to reveal the picture of Mona Lisa.

"Arasseo?" she asked them.

"Ne... Algesseumnida," the students replied.

Shin Hye thanked the stars that it was almost noon because she was already really hungry. She bid the class goodbye, and dashed to the door. When she was about to go out, she saw Yong Hwa standing by the doorway.

She was taken aback that the Music teacher was even standing in front of her.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Jung-seonsaengnim?" the students greeted.

Yong Hwa nodded, but the cutesy girl pointed a finger at him.

"Geunde, Jung-ssaem yeogiseo waeyo (Why is Jung-ssaem here)?" she asked her classmates.

All the students knew that Shin Hye was a tomboy, but the boys dissed the girls and told them that it is just two teachers wanting to eat lunch together.

"Jung-ssaem and Park-ssaem will be on a lunch date, geureohchyo?" another female student piped up in happiness.

"Eh?" Shin Hye asked, then cut them some slack. "Aniyo! Jung-ssaem might have some important announcement to make."

"Goo-ssaem is looking for you," Yong Hwa told her.

"Awwww," the female students sighed in pity. They knew that Goo-ssaem had gout, and that she often dispatched teachers to call on another teacher. They thought that some man might finally pull Shin Hye out of Tomboyland.

"Ah, geuraeyo," Shin Hye said before fainting.

Yong Hwa caught her in his arms--IN FRONT OF THE STUDENTS-- and he looked at them coldly. The female students began to cry.

"Jung-ssaem, why is he breaking my heart?" another girl asked. "Girls in school love you, and we will be sad to see you get married."

"Married?" Yong Hwa asked. He was the really cold teacher, but he did not understand why the girls were treating him like some celebrity and even trying to make some fun out of him.

"Take care of Park-ssaem," a guy in class said.

Yong Hwa smiled, misunderstanding the student. He thought he would be taking care of Shin Hye as his namdongsaeng, and that the Park-ssaem he would be loving will only be Kahi.

"She needs a man," another guy said. "I wanna see that tomboy wear skirts and heels."

"It needs a miracle," another student piped up.

Yong Hwa carried Shin Hye in bridal style away from the classroom, and as he walked away, the students snapped some photos of them.

"Can't believe those two might actually get close," one student said.

"And I thought Park-ssaem was close to Lee Jong Hyun-ssaem," another said.

"They are close, but they are enemies, remember?" another told his friends. "I often saw them brawling at the subway."

"Jinjja?"

~~~~~

Yong Hwa brought her to the ladies' restroom to splash some water on her face. Shin Hye coughed when some water reached her nose, so she woke up and saw Yong Hwa staring at her.

"Nan eodiyeyo (Where am I)?" she weakly asked.

"In the ladies' restroom," he told her stiffly. "You fainted in class."

He let her down, and he waited for her to respond.

"Ah, but that was because I was so hungry!" she retorted.

He pulled her hand, and led her out of the restroom. Good thing, no teacher came in to put on some makeup. If it had happened, the whole school would be scandalized, and the Vice Principal might even kick Yong Hwa out of the school instead of sending him back to Vienna for additional studies.

Without the other three guys, Yong Hwa brought Shin Hye to his fave resto, where not even the normal Min Hyuk knew. It was really cozy that Shin Hye instantly felt at home with it.

Yong Hwa instructed the ajumma their order, and the ajumma went away. Shin Hye was in no mood to talk because she was so hungry, that talking might even burn up more calories like she had been jogging for an hour. Finally, their food arrived, but the pale Shin Hye did not notice it. She was in her deep thoughts until she saw a piece of meat staring back at her.

The meat was held by the chopsticks...held by Yong Hwa.

"Ahhhh," Yong Hwa instructed her.

Shin Hye opened her lips obligingly and ate the bulgogi that Yong Hwa had given her. He instructed her to start eating, and as she did, she saw that there were lots of food on the table. Yong Hwa was also frying samgyupsal on the pan. Her stomach lions were growling loudly that Yong Hwa turned to her.

"Keep those lions down low," he told her.

"If you have not deprived me of breakfast, you would not have heard my lions," she told him.

Yong Hwa did not say a word as he cooked all the samgyupsal, and the two of them continued to eat. He gave 60% of the food on the table for her, feeling a bit guilty of not cooking breakfast for her.

But she deserved it, right?

"Why did you punish me, Hyung?" Shin Hye said as she spoke to him.

"Wae? Did you not remember what you did to me last night?" he asked her.

Shin Hye, who had never done anything illicit with Jong Hyun in the confines of a dim room, suddenly blushed. She remembered Yong Hwa telling her about the man with the gifted chest, but she did not do anything else. What had she done?

"I... I did not molest you, did I?" she asked. 

"A tomboy with no remorse, tsh," he told her. "If you eat dinner with me this evening, I will tell you what you did for me to deprive you of breakfast."

Shin Hye fumed in thought, watching the other teacher finishing up the samgyupsal. Jeongmal, what had she done?

 

~~~~

What will Yong Hwa tell her? And why did it have to wait for dinner?

 

~~~~