What's Up With Guitar Guys?

And The Manly Girl Falls In Love

Shin Hye just finished her English class with the final section in third grade. She and the class representative where arguing regarding some little nonsense, like "alright" and "all right," and whether it was grammatically correct or not to use "irregardless."

"Irregardless? Where did he ever find that? And who taught him that?" Shin Hye fumed. "It is grammatically incorrect!"

Her brain was a mess. Her student just raised his voice on her, and she was agitated because of his rudeness. And why did the student impose on his wrong belief? Any English teacher and grammarian will surely raise their eyebrows to hear people using words incorrectly.

Her thoughts were cut short when she passed by a room filled with dreamy students. The first thing she noticed was the group of guys trying to strum the air, like they were playing the guitar. As she came nearer, the next thing she saw were the female students at the front. They had that starry-eyed look on their faces as they clasped their hands together like in a prayer. And the next thing she noticed was the strumming of the guitar. And lastly... the husky voice.

The voice was effective in melting her knees so bad that she leaned on the wall for support. Her heartbeat began to rise, making her heart throb fast and unevenly. 

Wow! What was that?

She breathed deeply and told herself to get over it. If she would not, the students from inside might notice her and make some unnecessary something out of  nothing. So, she stood up straight and walked.

She passed by the classroom casually to avoid a scene so that students will think that a teacher just passed by. But really, by their experience, students knew that female teachers passing by classrooms where Music Class was held will use that as an excuse to listen to Jung-ssaem. 

"Whew! Did I just accomplish my mission of getting out alive?" she chuckled to herself.

She made sure that she would not be seen by students, so she hid by the wall connecting to the next classroom. And she turned her head to look at from inside.

Yong Hwa was sitting on the table, and his fringe covered his eyes. He had his hair in half pony-tail style, with the ends draping his shoulders to the front. The one thing that Shin Hye noticed of Yong Hwa was his soft-looking lips.

"You see, songs have emotions in them," Yong Hwa explained as he strummed his guitar without looking at his students. "Like this."

Shin Hye realized  he was strumming the guitar for another song.

"Walk away, please go," he sang. "Before you throw your life away. A life that I could share for just a day."

"Awwww...." the female students crooned.

"We should have met some years ago," he went on. "For your sake I say, walk away. Just go..."

It was Matt Monroe's "Walk Away," and Yong Hwa was showing the students the emotions hidden in the song. Shin Hye listened as he sang up to the last word of the song.

"Daebak..." she whispered.

No matter what Yong Hwa did, he absent-mindedly made Shin Hye fall in love with him.

"We will never walk away from Seonsaengnim..." one girl with an irritable high-pitched voice crooned.

Yong Hwa looked up to see his students, and he swept his fringe away. Even if he never smiled at them, his students loved him. The girls loved him for being handsome and cool, and the guys loved him for being a guitar genius.

"I will never wonder why Gyojangnim sent Ssaem to Vienna. He can already pursue classical music if he wants," one male student from the front commented to a friend.

"Ne, majayo," another said in agreement.

Yong Hwa's keen sense of sight saw Shin Hye leaning on the wall, and Shin Hye saw him looking at her. To her chagrin, he just busted her!

"OMO!!!!!" she thought. "Gotta go!"

And she walked away fast. Yong Hwa just pouted casually before returning to explaining to the class.

"Songs are like letters you send to someone. They have meaning. And even classical songs have stories behind them," he explained.

Meanwhile, Shin Hye rushed to her next classroom to avoid further embarrassment.

****

That evening, Shin Hye was sitting by the doorway, looking at Yong Hwa playing some songs with his guitar. The evening was a warm, and it was a good time to stay out. It was a relief that despite the small garden, Jung Shin's eomma had made use of the space for the guys to hang out. And the garden was Yong Hwa's abode for the evening.

The other three were in the living room, doing their stuff. Good boy Min Hyuk and Bad boy Jong Hyun were playing poker while Jung Shin was reading an "Oooku: The Inner Chambers" manga.

"Ya.... stop being a lazy dog there, and cook dinner for us," Jong Hyun ordered Shin Hye.

"Cook food yourself!" she spitted back as she turned to him.

"Stop fighting, you guys," Min Hyuk said to them. "Eomma will scold you."

Jung Shin snortled at Min Hyuk's lame attempt of being eomma, but he liked how the guys are getting along inside his parents' house.

"I'll cook," Jung Shin offered. "So that I can continue reading this wonderful manga of mine."

As Jung Shin got up and left the room for the kitchen, the other two continued playing cards without gambling. Of course, they did not gamble because they were teachers. As for Shin Hye, she could not help but listen to the voice of the unreachable boarder.

"Can we sing again?" she thought.

****

Yong Hwa was singing to many Maroon 5 songs without realizing that one manly girl was pining for his attention. He was only drowned in his Maroon 5 rendezvous until he heard her hissing at someone.

"Coof food yourself!" Shin Hye said to someone inside the house.

He turned around to see that she was sitting by the doorway. As usual, he did not mind and went on strumming his guitar. When he strummed to "Payphone," he suddenly remembered the night he and Shin Hye sang to a Lighthouse song.

"Shall we sing again, nae Singing Buddy?" he thought in his mind.

 

~~~~