Can A Heart Change That Easily?

And The Manly Girl Falls In Love

Yeoreobun, annyeonghaseyo?

This chappy is still the alternative ending for Jong Hyun and Shin Hye, though Min Hyuk will soon play a larger role inside this alternative ending. No worries, Shin Hye will still end up with Yong Hwa. Promise.

 

****

"Hyung, what was that about?" Jung Shin asked Jong Hyun as the two of them were in the otaku's bedroom.

"The what?" the vampire guy asked.

"You and Shin Hye were holding hands," Shinnie pointed out.

Jong Hyun remembered what occurred last night. It was a bittersweet memory, and he had no plans of sharing it to the otaku. If he and Shin Hye made out last night, he will still not tell. He also did not share that Shin Hye had already given up herself to Yong Hwa. It was precious to Shin Hye, but it was painful to him.

"She just shared her problems in school, and the fact that seeing the empty seat beside Goo-ssaem still made her remember Min Hyuk," Jong Hyun lied.

"Well, if she had that problem, she could share it to me," Jung Shin said, feeling bad. How come nobody trusted him with the secrets?

"You gotta understand her," Jong Hyun told him.

"I feel bad, but I will understand," Jung Shin thought. "What's up with Hyung and Shin Hye anyway?"

"I'm sorry, I lied," Jong Hyun finally said.

"So it was not about Min Hyukkie?" Jung Shin asked. "Is it about Yong Hwa-hyung?"

Jong Hyun's face turned somber, and Jung Shin gaped.

"Hyung! Don't tell me... Shin Hye and Yong Hwa-hyung... broke up?"

"Ne..."

The otaku frowned at his hyung and his own self. He had done all the miracles he could do just to make Yong Hwa stay away from Kahi. And now that Yong and Shin Hye were a couple, it was supposed to be a job well done. But what went wrong?

"Eotteohke?"

Jong Hyun shared him a little of what transpired during the video call, though he did not share to the otaku that he was enraged at what Yong Hwa shared to him. Leaving Shin Hye for what? For long distance? How lame!

"I promised her I will lead Hyung back to her," Jong Hyun told Jung Shin.

"We should!"

"Even if it means killing my own feelings," Jong Hyun thought sadly.

****

Shin Hye was in a dress, and she was on her way to Marguerite Vodka to purchase the kind of slacks that Jung Shin really loved. As she was strutting prettily, a black Porsche stopped along the curb. Shin Hye had never been close to such a luxurious car, so she stopped and marveled. The driver got out of the car, and Shin Hye looked on with curiosity. Then, the driver walked up to her.

Shin Hye could see him from foot to head. He was wearing slick black shoes so shiny that Miss Minchin will indeed be proud of him. His suit was so manly he looked like a lawyer or a doctor. And his hair, can you remember Dream High's Song Sam Dong after his second haircut? The bad boy haircut? And he sported expensive shades, must be those of Italian brands.

"Annyeonghaseyo?" the stranger greeted Shin Hye as he looked at her from head to foot before taking off his shades.

Shin Hye saw the familiar eye smile belonging to the owner, but instead of a kind look, all she saw was a solemn face. 

"Kang Min Hyuk?" she gaped.

Then, Min Hyuk smirked.

"You still remember me, after all," he commented.

Shin Hye was flustered. This was not the Min Hyuk she knew three years ago. Though he still looked innocent, but his suit, hair, and demeanor meant one thing to her: he looked HOT!

"Eodi gaseyo?" Min Hyuk asked her formally as to where she'd be going.

Shin Hye was flustered because Min Hyuk was suddenly too formal.

"To Marguerite Vodka," she responded.

Min Hyuk went to his car and opened the door to the passenger seat. He was too much a gentleman, but Shin Hye was somehow uncomfortable around Min Hyuk now. Hyukkie went to the other side to get in his car. And he drove her to the said boutique.

****

Min Young gaped when she saw the handsome and manly Min Hyuk. Gone was the nice guy who showed off princely charms. Min Hyuk was suddenly showing off an aura of a lawyer than that of a teacher.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Min Hyuk-ssi," Min Young greeted politely and formally upon seeing Shin Hye's former colleague.

"Do you want some new suits?" Shin Hye asked him. She did not know if he had forgiven her, but by the looks of it, it looked like Min Hyuk had moved on.

Min Hyuk walked to the rack, his shoes clacking like some busy executive. The two sisters looked at each other and swore that Hyukkie had changed.

"All of the suits look good to me," Hyukkie said without really examining each piece attentively.

He grabbed his wallet and pulled out a plastic.

"You accept MasterCard, don't you?" he asked Min Young.

Min Young gaped again, knowing that the old Hyukkie was so simple though rich, and preferred cash over card. But the other person was a customer, so she nodded and took the card.

"I'm buying all of these in the rack," he announced.

"Ah...ne. Algesseumnida," Min Young announced.

Shin Hye assisted the assistant in the shop gather all the clothes.

"I see that Min Hyuk-ssi must be wanting to give all these items for some friends," Min Young said, trying to engage in small talk.

Min Hyuk's eyebrow rose before giving off a half-smile.

"Animnida," he replied. "I'm buying all for myself. I need to be the most dashing man in Yale, you know."

Was he trying to brag?

"Oh, Yale!" Min Young exclaimed. "Like, wow!"

Min Hyuk only smirked. He just gave them a piece of that info that he was in Yale, though he did not elaborate what course he took up. Of course, it was still a fact that he was in Yale. He was rich, after all.

"Uhm, Eonni, I also need some new slacks for Jung Shin," Shin Hye said to her sister.

Min Hyuk raised an eyebrow again. Sure, he still found Shin Hye a woman, though she was no longer in tomboy form, but it still needed getting used to it hearing her call her own elder sister as 'eonni' rather than her old title of 'noona.'

"Omo? And my boyfriend is wanting some of my slacks again?" was Min Young's amused reply. "Ohohoho! I so love my boyfriend! He is helping me get rich!"

Much as Min Hyuk wanted to brag even more, he did not see it fit to buy Jung Shin's trousers for him. After all, he had not seen Jung Shin for years. How would the otaku look like? Will he look like a blob? Or was he still as skinny as Shaggy in Scooby Doo?

"Uh, Min Hyukkie..."

"Yes?" Min Hyuk asked Shin Hye in English.

Shin Hye could feel her heart pounding hard. She had a slight crush on the new Min Hyuk, but he was making her uncomfortable.

"I need to go home now and deliver this to Jung Shin," she said.

"So, you are still staying in his house?" he asked.

"N...ne... coz he is afraid of being alone," she replied.

Min Hyuk rolled his eyeballs behind his eye smile as he smiled his half-smile. His eye smile was no longer cute but the sassy one. Or even the arrogant one most often worn by Yoo Seung Ho.

"Is he still an otaku?" Min Hyuk asked as he put his hand on his hip. "I'll drive you there."

"Min Hyuk-ssi, your card," Min Young said confidently as she gave him the card. She was not willing to be intimidated by him.

"Gamsahamnida," Hyukkie said as he gathered his card and his purchase.

He grabbed Shin Hye's purchase for her and led her out of the door. Min Young looked on and shook her head. Something was not right.

*****

"Min Hyuk??" Jung Shin gaped in awe.

By the way, Jong Hyun was out of sight because he was in the pad. Min Hyuk looked all over and saw that the cozy house remained the same.

"It's me, all right," Min Hyuk said.

As he looked at Shin Hye, he smirked as the lady looked away and blushed. Indeed, he had affected her much as she had affected him in the past.

"Anja," Jung Shin grinned as he told his visitor to sit down.

Hyukkie took his seat beside him and grabbed a Marguerite Vokda magazine.

"Noona ventured into large-scale business, and she now has a mag," Jung Shin said proudly regarding his girlfriend. "And Jae Beom-hyung is in charge of the PR and the media."

"How about Christine?" Min Hyuk asked, remembering Yoon Ji.

"Oh, so you still remember her?" Jung Shin asked in curiosity. "Ah, Yoon Ji-noona helps out too, in other departments, hehe."

Min Hyuk stared at Shin Hye, whose milky white skin shone throughout. Her floral dress was so dainty it fitted her. But Shin Hye was blushing again because Min Hyuk was looking at her.

"Uhm, I need to go to the kitchen to cook dinner," she stammered before walking away.

But Min Hyuk did not smile. As he turned to the side, he saw Jung Shin with his face super close to him. The otaku had a silly grin on his face, and he was batting his eyelashes.

"Mwo?"

"Ah.... jalsaeng-gyeosseo..." Jung Shin crooned at how handsome Min Hyuk was.

Min Hyuk narrowed his eyes, and when Jung Shin puckered, he shoved the Marguerite Vodka mag to the otaku's face. Before Jung Shin could kiss, he saw that the mag had Min Young's face on it, so he kissed it.

"You're still an otaku," Min Hyuk announced before standing up to go to the kitchen.

"Eodi ga?"

"To the kitchen," Hyukkie said. "I will help Shin Hye cook."

"Oh, do you still cook?"

Min Hyuk's eyes narrowed again. 

"Like, I had been the one cooking here since time immemorial," Min Hyuk said before going away.

The otaku pouted as he watched Min Hyuk. He indeed had changed, he thought.

****

"Min Hyuk-ah, don't bother," Shin Hye said.

"Geokjeongma," he told her, telling her not to worry. "My cooking skills had not faded in Yale."

He washed his hands and stood next to her before grabbing another kitchen knife. He expertly cut up the pieces of beef, making Shin Hye look at him in awe.

"Wae?"

"Uhm... are you... still angry at me?" Shin Hye asked in worry, her voice low.

Hyukkie smirked.

"No more," he said. "It's all in the past. So, no worries."

"Ah...ne..."

"So. How are you and Hyung?"

The question caught her offguard, but he needed to know.

"We... broke up."

Min Hyuk did not ask why.

"Ah, geurae?"

"Ne..."

For Min Hyuk, it was a chance that he should take. Since he was rich and powerful, he could already make a move to court Shin Hye and make her his girlfriend.

It was not for his prestige as a teacher getting advanced studies. It was not for his image as a Yale guy. It was just for him that he still want her because he still was so in love with her.

All these times, he tried to forget her, but he was still deeply in love with Park Shin Hye.

****

"Hmmmm... should I tell Jong Hyun-hyung or not?" Jung Shin asked himself, planning the next move.

 

~~~~